Scammer scamming me. Ship to one city, tracking shows another city for delivery - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Scammer scamming me. Ship to one city, tracking shows another city for delivery

What the heck.
In rgards to this post
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ed-advice.html

I shipped he item and the buyer said he didnt get it. This item was going to a reship

I checked the tracking and it says it was delivered in Newark,DE not New Castle,DE that i shipped it to. Here is the tracking:
Screenshot by Lightshot

I took pics of the label and video before I shipped and the address label has New Castle city on it

An agent signed for it which i assume was his reship agent

Something fishy is going on

How should I attack this because i know he is lying. I just need to figure out he did he get the package to go to Newark instead of New Castle? Newark and Newcastle are border cities

update:

Called the usps location there.

The stupid postal man accidentally entered in he wrong zipcode. They are updating the tracking number now to show the correct city and zipcode

maybe the postal man is in on the scam

Last edited by golferman; 01-28-2016 at 11:41 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Scammer scamming me. Ship to one city, tracking shows another city for delivery

I read the other post and it seems like you will be out of your money.

You went ahead with the sale and he seems to know how to get your goat so to speak.

If hes in germany and using a re-shipper, then he wouldn't get it yet as it just got there today.

So he seems to know that he will win. Even with the scamming address.

Should have canceled the sale.
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Scammer scamming me. Ship to one city, tracking shows another city for delivery

No one listens to the MM......I said, don't do it! but something is fishy there. Can you contact the Post Office and ask why it was delivered to the wrong city?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Breakthecycle2 (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

I contacted post office their. They said its a huge building and basically another department sorts it which is like 5 miles down the road different city but it was still delivered to new castle

They also said they had have tons of complaints regarding this

Last edited by golferman; 01-28-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

update:

Called the usps location there.

The stupid postal man accidentally entered in he wrong zipcode. They are updating the tracking number now to show the correct city and zipcode

Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Hmmm, what about contacting the reshipper?
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman View Post

Their not that smart!
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Hmmm, what about contacting the reshipper?
I contacted them before and they told me to reship to the address is fine. The owner is located overseas I suppose because he contact info was overseas number and address
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

They said they updated the zipcode and can see the update on their "internal" website. The worker stated it would take 15 mins, I called back hours later then she said maybe a few hours. This was at noon and as of know it have not been updated on the external website

How long to I have to respond back to paypal dispute?
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:

How long to I have to respond back to paypal dispute?
10 days to respond.
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Angry I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not describe

I cant stand paypal!

So a buyer did a not received dispute, I uploaded tracking and everything that proves he got it, somehow after a week later he was able to change the dispute to a item not as described, after I provided proof that he had gotten the phone

So now instead of the item not received, I got a item not as described dispute. What gives. Its clear he is scamming and how was he able to change it

At first he said not received because the postal man entered in the wrong zip code so he knew he could win, once the postal corrected the zipcode on tracking, he changes his dispute to not as described

Nevermind: Apparently they are able to change the dispute reason in the claim

Last edited by golferman; 02-02-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

WOW!! What gives with paypal?

So now after the scammer thought he could scam me since the zip code on tracking showed wrong city but now the postal service corrected it, somehow he was able to change his dispute to item not as described

How in the freaking hot mess is he able to change it to not as describe when he said he never got it in the first place
Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:

How in the freaking hot mess is he able to change it to not as describe when he said he never got it in the first place
Alaways able to do this.

Call paypal and see if they can close the case over the phone.
If they feel it is buyers remorse, or the buyer has a history of doing this then they will close it for you.

You must be polite and clear as to why the buyer is a scammer. Also make sure they realize that the buyer is in Germany and could not have possibly inspected the item themselves.
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 75%
Default I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not ...

I've gone through this before - buyer opened not received claim, changed to to not as described and after losing that, he changed to unauthorised charge (pp). I lost the dispute on the last one - unauthorised charge (on pp). PP made me liable for the amount.
Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not desc

Yep.... It is this sodding thing they do.

Buyer sweet talks paypal and seller is punished.

Have you called in?

Did you get ALL details about the phone..... and I mean ALL.

Prepare to fight.

Old 02-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not desc

BTW, is this related to that reship mess with the German buyer?

Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
BTW, is this related to that reship mess with the German buyer?

lol ofcourse

It looks like the buyer is able to change the reason because I have a dispute open and it let me change the reason if needed

Last edited by golferman; 02-02-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Whats even more insane is when I uploaded the tracking the buyer still denied getting the package and escalated the paypal to a claim, once I supplied overwhelming evidence and even the postal supervisor number he then changes it to not described! But wait I thought he never got the package in the first place even when i showed him the tracking SMH
Old 02-02-2016

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
No one listens to the MM......I said, don't do it! but something is fishy there. Can you contact the Post Office and ask why it was delivered to the wrong city?
That's because your sarcastic in 99.9% of your posts.

lol
Old 02-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frksmth View Post
I've gone through this before - buyer opened not received claim, changed to to not as described and after losing that, he changed to unauthorized charge (pp). I lost the dispute on the last one - unauthorized charge (on pp). PP made me liable for the amount.
wow! so at first the buyer stated the item was not as described meaning buyer is admitting they got the package then he changes it to hey i never made this purchase

Unbelievable
Old 02-07-2016

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: I cant stand Paypal! Byer files non receipt, after proof shown change to not ...

[QUOTE=golferman;743975]wow! so at first the buyer stated the item was not as described meaning buyer is admitting they got the package then he changes it to hey i never made this purchase

Unbelievable[/QUOT

We understood already - 4 posts with same information! It is not necessary to write it again!
Old 02-09-2016
Threadstarter  

So the claim went from "being reviewed by Paypal" back to " requesting more information from buyer"

So i have to wait for the buyer to respond. I was hoping this claim would be finished by this week.

What could they need more from the buyer?

I called paypal a few days ago and advised them how when the packaged said it was delivered on usps tracking even though it said another area code buyer was denying he got it simply because he could easy scam to him changing his mind saying he got it after a letter and proof from USPS and supervisors phone number. He quickly changed to not as described

He stated it was one piece of paper in the box only