Has anyone ever tried to refund payments on a limited account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-30-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Has anyone ever tried to refund payments on a limited account?

I'm wondering has anyone tried to refund payments on a limited paypal account and then contact the buyers to see if they would resubmit payment to a different account.
On one of my accounts I already shipped the items and they have been received but paypal is requiring lots of documentation now. They say I can refund payments and was wondering if anyone had tried this.

I was thinking of explaining the situation to them stating that the funds are being held but that my partner that shipped them didn't get paid because paypal is holding the funds. (Or something like that)

Anyone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2016

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Has anyone ever tried to refund payments on a limited account?

if you refund and trust them to re-submit. but they won't resubmit.

almost all paypal blocks is with funds in account so they can invest and earn interest. one time they blocked and i told them to go ahead and refund the 30 people, i am not shipping out on a "we'll see basis".

they basically wanted me to ship out 30 things and come back to see if account can be unlocked.

they removed blocked while on the phone right there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
kgattison (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 96%

So jackdanielsbtch, you would recommend I call them? Even when they're requesting documentation like license, supplier info(wouldn't be an issue), and more?
I already shipped the items and I just got another notification "Your funds are now available"! That pisses me off!

But I probably brought it on myself. I have to set up more accounts and spead things more evenly.
Old 01-31-2016
auctionessistance

Longevity: 0%

There are times where it allows you to refund and other times it doesn't give you that option. We just call in and let PayPal know we need to refund a couple of buyers and they are usually good about it. Never had issues with them reversing payments on request.
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the forum advice used to be you can contact pp and they will refund it
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

It only allows you to refund if it was an actual purchase. You cannot refund when sending Friends and Family and things of that sort.
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgattison View Post
I'm wondering has anyone tried to refund payments on a limited paypal account and then contact the buyers to see if they would resubmit payment to a different account.
On one of my accounts I already shipped the items and they have been received but paypal is requiring lots of documentation now. They say I can refund payments and was wondering if anyone had tried this.

I was thinking of explaining the situation to them stating that the funds are being held but that my partner that shipped them didn't get paid because paypal is holding the funds. (Or something like that)

Anyone?
Ive been in your place. I recommend the following:

1. Contact the buyer first before refunding them by email. Explain to them that you are having a paypal account issue and you are getting it resolved, but it will two weeks or make up whatever you want. Don't tell them your limited and all that because some will take advantage.

2. If they agree they refund them back and send them a new invoice paypal direct invoicing.

3. Hope for the best because even if they agree and they might change there mind later.

4. If you refund them and they don't pay you back to your new account then tell them nicely you have asked nicely about making the payment again and if they get nasty then threaten them with the law.

5. If this all doesn't work then move on. It's a rough economy and people will lie, cheat, steal for whatever and if they see an opportunity they will take it because money is money and people don't care. It's a harsh reality, but it's my recommendation.
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
kgattison (02-01-2016)
Old 02-03-2016

Longevity: 64%

I did it all the time. Just depends on the customer.

Also, I recommend doing this if your account has been permanently limited. If it has been temporarily limited, it could be moved to permanent if they see massive refund. Because then PayPal assumes your were a fraud because of the refunds.

PayPal allows for accounts that they deem trustworthy to withdraw after 45 days. I've done this many times before and it's worth the wait. If you try refunding or telling people to chargeback, PayPal makes you wait the whole 180.

Last edited by thebomb; 02-03-2016 at 03:36 PM.