Paypal called me today! No email. Need advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-02-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Paypal called me today! No email. Need advice

Hi everybody! THis is my first post and appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Paypal called me and asked me about money which was sent into my account late last night for electronics product. They asked if if my seller was authorized to resell. I said yes and somehow very stupidly offered to include invoice if that is what they needed. The woman on the phone said sure and to find the paypals fax # on the website. I am not sure what to do since I do not have physical invoices since I pay COD on everything.
I didnt recieve email from paypal.
My question is should I go ahead and create a invoice myself,
or will paypal contact my supplier and create problems? Do they investigate invoices?
Where do I stand right now w'paypal? What is paypal waiting to do to my account (premier and verified)? right now, I do not have any more problems from paypal but am wondering if I am doomed unless I come up with some answers...

Thanks for your time,
ProvidencePlace
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Also, paypal did not ask when I would send invoices in by.
Old 02-02-2009

Longevity: 96%

As far as i know they do not call, this isnt not a bad thing in fact its a good thing because if they didnt get you they would have limited your account and asked for invoices anyway.
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It looks like PayPal is going after your 'supplier', and is using you to do this.

They're not looking to take you down at this point based on what you posted.

If it were me, I would ignore the fax, forget about it. If PayPal calls again asking about it then I would send one in, otherwise why risk anything.
Old 02-02-2009

ya, agree with aspkin, since your account is not limited by now. But i guess soon or later it will come.
Old 02-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys so much for the help. I believe not faxing it in is what I will do @ this point. So I guess my last question is "If paypal did not limit my account, are they patiently waiting for answers from me" or how does that work when you get a crappy phone call. I gave a straight answer, and got them off the phone successfully, So am I good if nothing negative has happened and it has been roughly 9 hours? I have been suspended by paypal in the past and it usually was all @ once. Boom phone call, boom email, boom Head is hitting bathroom wall out of anger. Thank you aspkin and divine422
Old 02-02-2009
Threadstarter  

ebaypaypal, why do you say sooner or later, it will come? I appreciate the response but please describe experience or knowledge as well behind it. It is appreciated. Thanks

Same story, 1 more question! I appreciate each response. I also have 2 open disputes on paypal, 1 for a supplier not doing his end of bargain, and 1 for a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ jacket. I only have a few days to make dispute into a claim. I would rather not do this if it is risking my account any more than it already is at risk, especially if it makes it seem like I deal with faulty suppliers.

Last edited by providenceplace; 02-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

How much more have you not told us? By adding extra bits each post you change the story. You can not expect advice to help. That last post cncxls out the advice from the others (imo). Your paypal account is under scrutiny because of at least one other dispute. Think carefully what you can do. The
account is in trouble now
Old 02-03-2009
Threadstarter  

As far as right now, my paypal account still has no problems and it is after midnight. One fellow ebayer with past paypal problems told me that paypal would make me limited @ midnight tonight. I am going to wait till they hit me with something to send in invoices which are being asked for @ this time. I appreciate everyones responses greatly.

To GreenBean: I believe I made confusing posts. I do not have any disputes against me. I have 2 open disputes w' me on the buying end. Sorry for being so confusing.
Old 02-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

But the disputes are on the ONE paypal account. So in my (terrible) trials with paypal, the account could be in trouble. In any case, it is being 'looked' at by paypal. What has happened to me is that I have had one problem with paypal, then got a call about another matter. Like I was being forced into doing something (supplying invoices). It may well be 3 different paypal staff handling each event. Just you need to be aware and decide what to do.