Paypal "options" for SNAD - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal "options" for SNAD

Hi all, sold an item recently which is new (tags all intact, have original receipt ect) and the buyer is claiming SNAD. An obvious scammer as they opened a case without even contacting me and before i could even reply somehow escalated the paypal case straight away.

Upon escalation, paypal asked me for the following as i'd had no time to provide any resolution since it was escalated straight away.

Spoke to the buyer and told them they could return the item. They don't want to. They want a 50% refund and to keep the item.

My options are:
Issue the buyer a refund for the disputed amount of £X GBP. The buyer can keep the item(s).
Issue the buyer a refund for the disputed amount of £X GBP. The buyer must return the item(s). Do not select this option for virtual/intangible items or services.
Offer the buyer a partial refund in an attempt to close this claim. (The buyer indicated that a refund of £X GBP would be satisfactory.)
Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.
Disagree with claim. I would like to provide additional information.
Continue

Is there any point in me "providing additional info" such as pics of the item with tags, receipts ect or shall i just go for return item? NB not an ebay item so feedback ect not an issue in this scenario. Just your average scammer, trying hard to run hard working people into the grinder.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypal "options" for SNAD

You action moving forward should be determined by several factors. Have you done anything dishonestly, giving the buyer a legitimate reason to open a case against you? What is the value of the item the buyer is trying to scam you on, and can you afford to take the loss if you lose? Does the buyer have a legitimate reason for wanting to return the item?

Those are just a few of things I would consider if this were my case. If I knew for a fact I didn't do anything wrong, and the buyer is just trying to scam me, I would not hesitate to call paypal and explain your situation. But if I knew for a fact that I DID do something wrong, and the buyer is requesting a return because they feel they've been cheated, then I wouldn't hesitate to email the buyer a return shipping label. You have to decide if this case is worth the risk of drawing extra attention to your account by calling Paypal.
Old 02-14-2016
Threadstarter  

The buyer isn't requesting a return, they are requesting a partial refund and want to keep the item. If they had legit being cheated, they would want to return the item. I'm wondering if paypal even read or review "additional information" e.g. the pics i took of the item before posting it out, the tag information, the receipts where it was purchased from.
Old 02-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If that's the case, I'd say you have a 99% chance of Paypal siding with you. You can get better (and immediate) results by calling Paypal and explaining the situation. There isn't a legitimate business in the world that would agree to give a buyer half of their money back, and let them keep the product. That just doesn't make sense. I think your buyer's unreasonable demands will actually help your case, since they clearly show the buyer is trying to scam you and has no reason to request any of their money back.
Old 02-14-2016

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumba View Post
The buyer isn't requesting a return, they are requesting a partial refund and want to keep the item. If they had legit being cheated, they would want to return the item. I'm wondering if paypal even read or review "additional information" e.g. the pics i took of the item before posting it out, the tag information, the receipts where it was purchased from.
I had this happen only once.

The buyer said I misrepresented the condition and ended up leaving negative feedback. I got the feedback removed BECAUSE of exactly what your dealing with.

Don't worry you don't have to agree to a BUYERS terms regardless what they try and say. Your the seller, you determine how much the items worth. If the buyer doesn't want to pay that much or return it then tough luck, screw them.

Buyers like this are scum and deserve nothing, imho. I always compare my sales to brick & motor stores. If a successful company doesn't do it, I'm not either. There are two types of sellers on ebay, ebay sellers, and business owners. I consider myself as a business owner. No business complies with these types of request unless they are crazy but eBay sellers do, sadly.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 02-14-2016 at 11:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-15-2016)
Old 02-24-2016
Threadstarter  

update: I clicked the final option which was disagree with claim and provide additional info, sent in pictures i took, tags, receipts and got the case found in my favour. Not sure the outcome would have been the same if ebay were involved but glad they looked over the evidence and found in my favour
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 54%

Thats the difference between ebay and paypal. Ebay will side with the buyer 99% of the time...while Paypal actually look over the "evidence" a majority of the time. Not saying they side with sellers all the time, because surely they dont! But they are better at resolution than ebay is.