paypal limited with 35k - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default paypal limited with 35k

Hey guys,

So i have my own company and decided to not withdraw my funds from my paypal account. I sent in my ID as this was my real account and they saw i had a previous account which was limited 3 years ago and i never decided to resolve that limitation. I had good faith this time and tried to resolve it to avoid problems for my business which is COMPLETELY legitimate. Anyway, they noticed i was receiving too many personal payments (friends and family) and noticed that. for some stupid reason i took off the bank account i had because i was going to add another account.In that time my account got limited and now i am unable to withdraw my funds until 180. But the thing is i can't add a bank account, despite sending in my ID. I got a dickhead of a when i called up he was so rude and told me to send paypal a court order to get my money out faster. I have a Canadian account so i can't request a cheque either. So when the 180 expire which will be in july or so what do i do?

im going to call up again sometime this week and hope to get a better person and see if they can release my money sooner.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2016

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: paypal limited with 35k

One tip I can give you on this is call around the time they open up... for all you know the last guy you talked to just dealt with an abusive caller and was still pissed off from it... call early to reduce that chance and get someone fresh.

Also I don't think you can get funds released earlier on the phone, but they should be able to help you with getting a bank account on the account for when they're released.

Some folks have gotten their funds released earlier by sending letters to certain emails I think-- no experience here but maybe someone can help you out... there's a few threads on this if you search around.

GL
Old 02-15-2016
Threadstarter  

im gonna call up later this week and tell them i need the money for a family emergency. You think that will do the trick?
Old 02-15-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
im gonna call up later this week and tell them i need the money for a family emergency. You think that will do the trick?
It's more to do with the level 1 call guys don't have the power or authorization to do such a thing, you would have to talk your way up to more powerful employee/department for it to even be possible, and even if you got there I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only method I've heard that worked in getting someone their money earlier than 180 days is writing letters, and the gist of these letters were legal threats.
Old 02-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
It's more to do with the level 1 call guys don't have the power or authorization to do such a thing, you would have to talk your way up to more powerful employee/department for it to even be possible, and even if you got there I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only method I've heard that worked in getting someone their money earlier than 180 days is writing letters, and the gist of these letters were legal threats.
Does anyone here have any real experience with this?
Old 02-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
No. Because they get bull dust by everyone.

Here is my advice:

Calm down before you even consider calling into paypal, anywhere, any time.

What happened with that first account that was limited?

Certain methods are need to approach paypal to have issues resolved. Getting annoyed with lower paid employees is never one.

Old 02-15-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

35k stuck for 180days wow, i would be depressed...
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
No. Because they get bull dust by everyone.

Here is my advice:

Calm down before you even consider calling into paypal, anywhere, any time.

What happened with that first account that was limited?

Certain methods are need to approach paypal to have issues resolved. Getting annoyed with lower paid employees is never one.

First account i did too many refunds of large amounts 4-5k multiple times.
Old 02-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
35k stuck for 180days wow, i would be depressed...
i am depressed LOL. paypal is a crook of a company and con artists.
The Following User Says Thank You to rakesh For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Your story is pretty vague in all honesty- You mention that you have 35k in there, but everything else is wishy-washy and doesn't make sense. For a person who has a legit company and income, its surprising that you leave 35k in there to begin with. Then add the once limited account, removal of bank account and reason for limitation: too many payments from friends and family.

Take advice from people before me: calm down and chill, you will not solve this problem quikly and if you want any success with the 35k you need patience.
Old 02-16-2016
Threadstarter  

how should i get it back. i have a website and thats also how they linked the two accounts.
Old 02-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

In the US, some people have had their funds released before the 180 days were up by filing a complaint with the BBB. That is the only way I have heard of it happening.

Sob stories will do no good, PayPal has heard them before.

The reason the chose 180 days is because that is when the chargeback period ends. This is how PayPal protects themselves from losing money.

You said yourself, you had many refunds in the past. Plus you removed a bank account, because you planned to get a new one??? Most people would add the new account and then delete the old account. You have $35,000 in the account, which is not an insignificant amount of money. You had a limited account in the past and the 2 got linked. And you were receiving a number of "friends and family" payments - I'm guessing - to save money on the fees...

There are SO MANY reasons in there for PayPal to limit you, I don't know where to start! But what is done is done. We cannot turn back time. And I'm sure the OP is hurting over this. Many small businesses when faced with their cash being locked up for six months end up shutting down.

I see two possible solutions here. The first would be to file a complaint with the Canadian equivalent of the BBB. The second is to hire an attorney and see if they can convince PayPal to release your money earlier.

I would choose the second option, because I don't think, given the history you gave us, there is any possibility of PayPal voluntarily releasing the funds sooner. On the bright side, this is your REAL account and your business IS legitimate. So, the chances of you actually LOSING the money is very small. You will just have to wait for the 180 days and see if an attorney can pry it loose sooner.
Old 02-17-2016
Threadstarter  

I've taken a loan from my friend for the time being, i can make make it through 6 months, but after that would need the money. I should be able to add a bank at that time to get the money right? will they re add one of the old bank accounts i had on file?