Sending to Unverified addresses gets your payments held? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-05-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Sending to Unverified addresses gets your payments held?

Hi guys, I used to be banned before the new policies, though now I'm using my moms account, no problems.

I have a general question about PayPal and the new hold policy. Today I got my first 21 day hold. Basically it was an item, 14.95 + shipping, total 27.95, as a buy it now. Woman that bough the item has unverified paypal account, but otherwise her feedback was perfect. Item was coffee related, and I sold those before, but not with a buy it now.

My question is, was this hold due to me using BuyItNow or it was due to her Unverified PayPal account status?

Another thing. Should I only sell to those that are have PayPal verified addresses? I believe those are the once that have added their bank account, and paypal gives you more seller protection.

If the answer is yes, how to go about to telling people to verify their paypal? I mean, they could get annoyed and leave a neg.

P.S. Ebay's new listing policy rocks, 35 cents for 30 days lol. But that 12 percent final value is killing me. I'm adding that to handling charges.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-05-2009 at 06:02 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjokey View Post
My question is, was this hold due to me using BuyItNow or it was due to her Unverified PayPal account status?
You will find that the 21 day hold will be applied to about 90% of your sales.

You will not have to deal with that anymore after you get a 20 on your DSR score.
Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjokey View Post

Another thing. Should I only sell to those that are have PayPal verified addresses? I believe those are the once that have added their bank account, and paypal gives you more seller protection.
It is neither of those things Discjokey,
Below you will find out the reason paypal do these things. This is from Paypal's site.
I hope this helps you answer your questions.

BooMer

What is a payment hold for an eBay item?
It’s when PayPal temporarily holds a payment you receive for an item you sold on eBay. The amounts held will appear as Pending in your PayPal account until we release the funds. You still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.
When will PayPal release the payment hold for an eBay item?
Your funds will be released after 21 days. We may release funds earlier when one of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay
* 3 days pass after we confirm the item was delivered*

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the eBay item hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved, even if the claim, chargeback, or reversal occurs after the hold is released.
Why would PayPal hold one of my payments?
To increase marketplace safety, we may hold payments that seem risky. Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

* You have been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
* You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100, and you sell an item for more than $100, or
* You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** 5% or greater than 5%, or
* You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5, or
* You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months, or
* You are listing your item in a high-risk category such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics.

PayPal doesn’t hold payments for eBay items if you meet the following:

* You have been an eBay member for 6-months or more, and
* Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater, and
* Your Buyer dissatisfaction percentage** is less than 5%.

Or

* Your average DSR is 4.5 or greater and
* Your have received 20 or more DSRs in the last 12-months
* Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%

How can I avoid receiving an eBay item hold?

Here are some things you can do:

* Improve your DSR feedback rating
* Follow the PayPal best practices to reduce buyer disputes, claims and chargebacks
* Resolve all disputes, claims, and chargebacks quickly

I’m a new seller. Will payments I receive be held?

If you are a seller with an eBay feedback score lower than 100, but you have a record of good performance, you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases.
Old 02-06-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Ok, now I think somebody left a bad DSR rating for me or something. We'll see.

Another question, is it a good idea to only ship to those that are verified with PayPal? If yes then how do I proceed with that?