PayPal Claim - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default PayPal Claim

So i do a little service with a couple internet friends of mine on a video game. Basically we help people with an objective and essentially "carry" them through it at the cost of some money via paypal. However, a person who sent money about 3 weeks ago just now filed a claim for "Unauthorized Use of PayPal Account or Transaction Error" and the only options I have to respond to this are to provide proof of refund, and to dispute it with proof that i delivered the service. None of these options are even suitable for me because It doesn't even give me an option to refund, nor could i give proof of service because what I do isn't a licensed business or product or anything. So what can I do with this claim? Just leave it as is? I have about 1k in my account and now im just afraid i will get limited because of this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: PayPal Claim

It is going to be very difficult to fight this off since you offer a service.

Not much you can do sadly, in an unauthorized use type of claim. Do you have any communication? Screenshots? Submit them. Maybe call up PP and speak to an agent to clarify
Old 02-20-2016

Longevity: 53%

Actually if someone claims unauthorized use, PP will check his acc for any evidences of that. So, if they see that the acc was always used from the same IP, same cookies, same everything, then they will refuse this claim and return you the money. But if they will see something that can be recognized as an unauthorized use, then they will refund, and it does not matter, what evidences will you provide.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-20-2016)
Old 02-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorizm View Post
So i do a little service with a couple internet friends of mine on a video game. Basically we help people with an objective and essentially "carry" them through it at the cost of some money via paypal. However, a person who sent money about 3 weeks ago just now filed a claim for "Unauthorized Use of PayPal Account or Transaction Error" and the only options I have to respond to this are to provide proof of refund, and to dispute it with proof that i delivered the service. None of these options are even suitable for me because It doesn't even give me an option to refund, nor could i give proof of service because what I do isn't a licensed business or product or anything. So what can I do with this claim? Just leave it as is? I have about 1k in my account and now im just afraid i will get limited because of this.
They probably won't limit you for one claim. When you are communicating with these buyers, is it through email or on the video game system? Can you take some screenshots of the communication with this person before or after the service? I had a buyer who tried to file a claim and she communicated with me on etsy. I took screen shots of the messages and they sided with me. Might be worth a try. Also, call paypal and see what they say.
Old 02-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I agree with chicago. In the future you need to start taking screenshots of your conversations with customers, and maybe even video captures of you providing your service. Having proof you provided a service will help you win cases.

As for the case you have open now, I would just refund the buyer and call it done. You should be able to refund them by looking up the original transaction on Paypals website (not mobile app). If not, a call to Paypal would quickly solve the problem.
Old 02-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Actually if someone claims unauthorized use, PP will check his acc for any evidences of that. So, if they see that the acc was always used from the same IP, same cookies, same everything, then they will refuse this claim and return you the money. But if they will see something that can be recognized as an unauthorized use, then they will refund, and it does not matter, what evidences will you provide.
Hopefully that is the case because this guy also filed a claim to my friends paypal where his money is also on hold. Maybe paypal will see that this guy obviously didn't make these transactions in error and is just trying to get his money back like a dick
Old 02-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
They probably won't limit you for one claim. When you are communicating with these buyers, is it through email or on the video game system? Can you take some screenshots of the communication with this person before or after the service? I had a buyer who tried to file a claim and she communicated with me on etsy. I took screen shots of the messages and they sided with me. Might be worth a try. Also, call paypal and see what they say.
Because it was 3 weeks ago, my ps4 deletes messages from that long ago so sadly I don't have any proof..
Old 02-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I agree with chicago. In the future you need to start taking screenshots of your conversations with customers, and maybe even video captures of you providing your service. Having proof you provided a service will help you win cases.

As for the case you have open now, I would just refund the buyer and call it done. You should be able to refund them by looking up the original transaction on Paypals website (not mobile app). If not, a call to Paypal would quickly solve the problem.
Will it be an issue calling Paypal as myself since I am using this paypal account under my mom's name. I made this account because my actual account got limited a few months ago. And i know when you call paypal they ask for your name, so should I just say a random name and that I am a family member receiving payments under my mom's paypal?
Old 02-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Will it be an issue calling Paypal as myself since I am using this paypal account under my mom's name. I made this account because my actual account got limited a few months ago. And i know when you call paypal they ask for your name, so should I just say a random name and that I am a family member receiving payments under my mom's paypal?
You must NOT say a random name and family member receiving payments....you are asking for big security trouble with PP
Old 02-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You must NOT say a random name and family member receiving payments....you are asking for big security trouble with PP
Ok, so since it is my mom's account, aren't they going to question the fact that my voice is deep and obviously sound like a man? they will know that i am not the account holder calling.
Old 02-21-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Ok, so since it is my mom's account, aren't they going to question the fact that my voice is deep and obviously sound like a man? they will know that i am not the account holder calling.
Some people just don't care-- they'll just call in with their normal manly voice even though the account is under a female... technically they're not even allowed to question you on it due to some kind of discrimination policy or something like that... but that doesn't mean it won't raise an eyebrow of that certain rep who may want more verification from you (without letting you know why).

If that option is uncomfortable then you can also...

Pitch your voice up-- watch a voice acting lesson on creating a female voice, probably a lot on youtube

Voice changer, there's a bunch of computer programs and cellphone apps that change your voice... I've never used one myself but I'm sure you can figure out a configuration that works for calling.
Old 02-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
Some people just don't care-- they'll just call in with their normal manly voice even though the account is under a female... technically they're not even allowed to question you on it due to some kind of discrimination policy or something like that... but that doesn't mean it won't raise an eyebrow of that certain rep who may want more verification from you (without letting you know why).

If that option is uncomfortable then you can also...

Pitch your voice up-- watch a voice acting lesson on creating a female voice, probably a lot on youtube

Voice changer, there's a bunch of computer programs and cellphone apps that change your voice... I've never used one myself but I'm sure you can figure out a configuration that works for calling.
That would seem kind of easy to detect. Would it really be questionable if I just said "Hi, im calling on behalf of my family member's account in which I did transaction with" and just say my name.
Old 02-21-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
That would seem kind of easy to detect. Would it really be questionable if I just said "Hi, im calling on behalf of my family member's account in which I did transaction with" and just say my name.
Not sure how that will play out, never attempted this or heard of a scenario like it... If I had to guess you'll have more verification problems than if you tried to pass yourself off as your mother. Have you ever heard an older woman who was a heavy smoker? Their voices go pretty deep... personally I'd be much more concerned trying to solve issues on an account on 'someone elses behalf' than pretending to be a member of the opposite sex.

Last edited by Mitsu; 02-21-2016 at 06:37 AM.