What is the term for this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 02-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default What is the term for this?

I found a company that makes a grip that sells good on ebay
I emailed asking if i could dropship
And they said, no sorry we already have suppliers selling on ebay

I dont know much on dropshipping

If i ask them to let me fill a different shipping adress every time i buy from their site would that still be "dropshipping"?

What would the term for that be?

I dont know why but for some reason i have this idea that i can sell on ebay and log into aliexpress.com buy the item and ship to ebayers adress.

I know i cant do that but i think a manufacturer would let me.

Is that all just junk in my head?

I have never dropshipped and read lots on it and sooo confused on it.

When i ask a company if they dropship, in my head im asking them if i can sell it- order and they ship. Do they need a special system to handle dropship orders?

I live in mexico and have this fantasty selling on ebay
And dropshipping is my only option for now

I think i know how it works then rrealize i dont know anything on dropshpping. Then i give up on thr whole idea. I then give it another shot when i define dropshippig in my head: sell , order , company mails to my customer . And then loops back.

My mind is sooooooo whipped on this "dropshipping" idea

When i talk to a supplier if they do not dropship, can i suggest anything to them to buy 1 by 1 and send to my ebayers

I hope whoever reads this can understand what im asking

Last edited by TGMT²; 02-21-2016 at 12:59 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: What is the term for this?

What if you buy the products, have them shipped to you....and then you sell them and ship them?
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 47%

I think he is looking for something that has no out of cost to him. Because he will be paid by paypal via eBay. he will have the persons money, in which he can order from Alibaba, etc.

In theory this will work bud. I can assure you, no one selling on Alibaba is going to care where they are shipping, they just want paid.

Here is your problem. You need to list on your eBay auctions, where the item is actually shipping from. Also you have no control over the shipping handling. With out this control, you are just a middle man trying to make this work.

Can it work? Sure, people do this all the time. I had a friend reselling items off Walmart online. eBay item sold for 30$ he would pay $10 from walmart. make 15 or so dollars just putting in an order.

Best of luck. Again the only downfall doing this, is that you have no control over the logistics.
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 51%

Generally with drop shipping you need to use a company that can send an order without their logo on it.

Some companies are set up for this, to the point where they will send packing notes and invoices with your logo on.

The company you asked probably wont let you sell their product because they are tied into a deal with their sellers, or some companies do not want to lessen the value of their product by letting just anyone be a seller. They have a brand reputation to maintain.

When you have people flood a market undercutting each other all the time, it makes your product look worthless, and can destroy a brand or industry.
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I would not recommend drop shipping from overseas, but can be done from mainland. However, there are still issues like quality control and out of stock items.
Old 03-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I would not recommend drop shipping from overseas, but can be done from mainland. However, there are still issues like quality control and out of stock items.
Agreed, just google "never buy online" and look through the images, some are hilarious.
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 47%

Yes you're better of drop shipping from big retailers, than off aliexpress.

The time it will take to get to them is important and this can never be relied on when importing from china, especially. with china post, some other direct shipping methods could work but only with expensive orders.

Aliexpress and other work better when you buy in bulk yourself and then ship them out.
Old 03-31-2016

Longevity: 53%

I sell stuff on ebay ALL the time and then flip over to aliexpress and order and have it shipped to them. Never say a word to the seller. Also sell a ton of stuff on ebay and then buy on ebay and have it shipped to the customer. So I make $3-5 for a couple of seconds of click click.
Old 03-31-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
I sell stuff on ebay ALL the time and then flip over to aliexpress and order and have it shipped to them. Never say a word to the seller. Also sell a ton of stuff on ebay and then buy on ebay and have it shipped to the customer. So I make $3-5 for a couple of seconds of click click.
It could work but not an ideal business plan. Especially with the new account rating system relying heavily on orders being delivered on time and orders being fulfilled , i can see this as a disaster for accounts.

Also with holds on funds, if your plan is to sell and use the buyers payment to make the purchase your plan will die there
Old 04-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
Agreed, just google "never buy online" and look through the images, some are hilarious.
I just did that, out of curiosity. The top results were mostly women who were mad that they were fatter than the models in the pictures of their clothing. LOL.
Old 05-06-2016

Longevity: 46%
Send a message via Skype™ to lixing

yes it is drop shipping, in a certain period of time this operatioin is very popular in the whole chinese trading market. but the main problem is that your account (whatever you do this in ebay or amazon) will be high risk. coz the once the product has some defect, it would be much more difficult for you to solve it than in the scenario that you have the products your own.