On Etsy slow as on eBay or you can list 1st item brand name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default On Etsy slow as on eBay or you can list 1st item brand name?

Hello,

Two basic questions, cant find answer on forum:

Can you list brand name items as 1st item or you have to build account slowly as on eBay?. Brand items on ebay would cause many vero problems but dont know on etsy?.

Do you need paypal to receive payments or how else can it be done?. (saw something about direct payment on etsy webpage so not sure)

If you guys can shed some light thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: On Etsy slow as on eBay or you can list 1st item brand name?

ve.ro runs the exact same. et.sy is not a free-for-all
Old 02-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
ve.ro runs the exact same. et.sy is not a free-for-all
Hi! I see. Any general recommendation regarding feedback before listing brand item, like 10 feedback or something like that?. Like on ebay. Or the waiting X days before listing?.

(Im always talking about genuine stuff, nothing to do with foofoos)
Old 02-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

won't matter. et.sy can and will take you down no matter what if they receive complaints or if the IP owner requests your store be shut down. if you want to sell branded products, you better have permission to do so.

also, if your items are not handmade, you will be running in to more problems. i'm not so sure et.sy is for you from what you are describing.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Chadisencoat (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
won't matter. et.sy can and will take you down no matter what if they receive complaints or if the IP owner requests your store be shut down. if you want to sell branded products, you better have permission to do so.

also, if your items are not handmade, you will be running in to more problems. i'm not so sure et.sy is for you from what you are describing.
I see other sellers selling exactly what I would like to sell. Selling even with no proof of purchased from authorized retailer etc With hundreds of sales. I guess it is all like on e.bay etc either you lucky or you get a good amount of feedback that makes you somehow inmune or the ve.ro guy who reports listings likes you or I dont know.

Got a feeling my listings would be taken down before long. Not best positive approach right lol

Last edited by Chadisencoat; 02-22-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadisencoat View Post
I see other sellers selling exactly what I would like to sell. Selling even with no proof of purchased from authorized retailer etc With hundreds of sales. I guess it is all like on e.bay etc either you lucky or you get a good amount of feedback that makes you somehow inmune or the ve.ro guy who reports listings likes you or I dont know.

Got a feeling my listings would be taken down before long. Not best positive approach right lol
you are in the same boat as me. there is one seller pushing my exact same products who never goes down simply because they have a ton of other handmade products to cloud their store. it's exactly like EB in that sense so just be prepared with backups.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Chadisencoat (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Do you think different windows user is enough for a backup or et.sy will still link you from cookies?. There is a thread saying another user account is no good so I have my doubts right now.
Old 03-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadisencoat View Post
Do you think different windows user is enough for a backup or et.sy will still link you from cookies?. There is a thread saying another user account is no good so I have my doubts right now.
Et.sy and EB stea.lth work nearly identical. if you understand EB stea.lth, then you are fine.

please ignore those other posts. i know which ones you are talking about. when Aspkin first opened this et.sy subsection here on the forum, there were some n00bs who posted incorrect information here and now it has people confused.

new windows user account, IP address, email, etc. all of the same methods as EB stea.lth work perfect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Chadisencoat (03-06-2016), jackdrogba (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Et.sy and EB stea.lth work nearly identical. if you understand EB stea.lth, then you are fine.

please ignore those other posts. i know which ones you are talking about. when Aspkin first opened this et.sy subsection here on the forum, there were some n00bs who posted incorrect information here and now it has people confused.

new windows user account, IP address, email, etc. all of the same methods as EB stea.lth work perfect.
All new accounts will have to have Direct Checkout now in the USA, UK, Canada etc.. No more standalone paypal. Need to link a bank account and verify with part of ssn. Any ways to make steal account with standard Paypal payment?
Old 03-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

Forget paypal on etsy too much risk, direct checkout, with a new account number for your bank, establish a business name get EIN as a replacement for your SS open a small business account use that as a direct check out method, different IP use different browser you can also use your phone, get unlimited data
Old 03-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

I forgot ebsy will hold funds for a bit, if you have less than 20 sales, that sucks, I am going through that called them, they said that is what it is, following a seller performance review, I even told them I am a power seller on one of my 3 accounts, no matter. Eby stealth works differently than et.y since Dec they hired more people just to get rid of sellers that use 'brand names' you got to change the descriptions, for example a chanel bag, that is not 're al' which I would never ever sell, my items are hand made, but you can get around by saying french fashion quilted bag, and in the description say that u don't have serial numbers as you don't know if the item is real, better that than get a vero notice, do you know what I mean, I would never ever bother with the big brands Herm CC, Tiff because people that are searching for the real thing will report you in a new york minute because these are experts at ⊗⊗⊗⊗, same thing with electronics, like phones or whatever, anything that is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cannot be described or titled as the real thing you got to get creative, a lot of people will buy things that are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, because they can't afford the real thing, but better be 'honest' about them not being so.