PayPal limitation BS - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default PayPal limitation BS

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I've only just discovered this forum and thought I'd sign up since I'm open to get some help..

Over the last time (summer '15 - now) I've bought and sold things via forums.
Now after I've received the latest payment from a sale (gift), PayPal has put my account to limitation. (I don't know how limited, how can I find out?)

Both the buyer and me want to refund the money to him.
The goods have been shipped out by me prior to receiving payment from him since I've known him for a longer time there is enough trust from us both so that is all good.

I guess if I hit the 'refund' button on the full details page of the transaction, the money will not be refunded due to the limitation on my account, am I right with this one?

PayPal is also asking a lot of stuff from me which seems like utter nonsense to me since I'm a totally private seller with no intention to be a business seller.

The things they want from me are:

Business information - I'm not a business?
Provide proof of delivery - my buyer will let PayPal know about delivery (should be Wednesday)
Provide invoices - I don't have any, since I buy the stuff from forums, you don't get invoices through that logically..
Supplier Contact Info - I don't have a supplier either
Vendor / Supplier information - same rules as above apply
Provide informations about your products - it varies, whatever I have up for sale since I'm not a shop
Provide more information about payments - latest three when I click on that I can do that but it seems odd to me too.

I've already called them up but as most of the time PayPal Ads ain't a big help lol.

How do we get the refund to take place? Does it work if I clicked the refund option button in the detailed transactions?
Will it take place once I've confirmed that the sold goods have arrived back at me safely?

Questions over questions I know but this is really pissing me off..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: PayPal limitation BS

Well if you're constantly selling something for profits and receiving payments as gifts (!!) -- paypal doesn't care what you intend to do.

You either provide them details they're asking or you can forget the account and create a new one.
Old 02-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums.
Receiving gift payments is always a red flag for paypal and will always end in a limitation. Youre basically 'robbing' them of their fees and they dont like that.
As for the refund - have you actually tried to click on that refund button? because I believe you might actually be able to send refunds. try it. If not then call in and have them do it manually.
Worse case scenario - if you trust the sender 100% then ask him to file a dispute for that payment. He will need to do it as an unauthorized payment. it will most likely then be reversed.
Old 02-29-2016

Longevity: 51%

You'd be able to call in and get a PayPal employee to refund it manually, they'd have no problems with that.