Monthly Payment Release (Business Account) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Monthly Payment Release (Business Account)

Account is a business account. There is a "monthly payment release" limit on the account of $500. Actually I have a few different accounts with different release limits but we will use the $500 one as an example.

The FIRST $500 EACH MONTH is available immediately...anything after that is held for 21 days. Doesn't matter if the item is delivered or not, it's held for 21 days. Period. After 21 days, the remainder is released to you.

For example, if you sell $600...the first $500 is available immediately. The remaining $100 is available in 21 days.

Now, with that said, Paypal states "the first $500 each month". So does that mean it "resets" on the 1st of each month? Or is it every 30 days? I would THINK it resets on the 1st of each month, but I'm not 100% sure...since it's Paypal we are talking about here.

So in essence...say you sell something today for $500 and the money is available immediately. You sell something on March 1st for $500....would that money be available immediately, since it would be the first $500 of the month? OR would that "first $500 of the month" be 30 days after your last payment was received?

Does the question make sense?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2016

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Monthly Payment Release (Business Account)

Is this a new policy on new accounts?

I've never heard of this. Crappy policy if its for new business accounts.
Old 02-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Is this a new policy on new accounts?

I've never heard of this. Crappy policy if its for new business accounts.
Not new at all. I've had multiple different business accounts and some start with a $500 monthly release and some higher. I've had as high as $200,000 monthly release and as low as $500. Also, some accounts never say there is a release amount....if you have a monthly release amount, you'll know it because it will give you a notification when you create the account and there is a graph that shows how much you've made for that month.

Since you didn't know about this "policy", I will assume you don't know the answer to my question either.
Old 02-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Since you didn't know about this "policy", I will assume you don't know the answer to my question either.
LOL, you got me.

I've only "upgraded to business" and haven't noticed that limit. Seems like bullsh1t to limit an account to $500 per month because that's sorta what it sounds like.

Having to actually WAIT 21 days sounds crazy. You actually do this? I would just ditch ANY account that had any limit under 5K. Especially since you had to (i'm assuming) add a EIN.
Old 02-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Starting out as a business account is different than upgrading to one. On the accounts that I have a $500 limit on, I don't waste my time with them. I will sell up to the limit and forget it the rest of the month. You can request for a release increase every 30 days...but if you are working with bullsh*t ebay selling limits, then forget it because they want to see a lot of sales history before bumping you up.

However, enough of that....I just want an answer to my question. Since I rotate accounts, I never consecutively deal with the limit and seeing if it resets on the 1st of the month or what.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

So nobody has encountered this?
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 68%

I had the same question last week. Still waiting for an answer.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I had the same question last week. Still waiting for an answer.
Old 02-26-2016

Quote:
I just made a new account and got a $100 release amount...WTF am I supposed to do with that?
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I just made a new account and got a $100 release amount...WTF am I supposed to do with that?
Jack sh*t. My lowest one is $500....these release amounts are BS. And every time I call pp, they dont know what I am talking about in regard to the release amount. And when I email them, I get completely different answers. So my original question remains unanswered.
Old 02-26-2016

Quote:
Jack sh*t. My lowest one is $500....these release amounts are BS. And every time I call pp, they dont know what I am talking about in regard to the release amount. And when I email them, I get completely different answers. So my original question remains unanswered.
PM me if you know how to get higher release limits from the get go.
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

@Breakthecycle2 - Release limits are calculated by Paypal based on how risky they deem you based on your early selling activity. They have never done the standard 21 day hold on new business accounts because having all payments held makes it difficult to run a legit business. If you started your business Paypal with completely legit info and start out selling very low-risk stuff you will get higher release amounts. It's no big secret. When you sign up for a business account the terms clearly outline what a "release amount/limit" is, how it is calculated, and how it works.

@OP - I'm fairly certain the release amount is rolling and does not reset at the first of the month, but correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't dealt with a new business Paypal is a while. If your first sale ever was for a $500 item you would get that money instantly. But if you've already had sales and that $500 would cause you to go over your release amount, the money would be held.
Old 02-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@Breakthecycle2 - Release limits are calculated by Paypal based on how risky they deem you based on your early selling activity. They have never done the standard 21 day hold on new business accounts because having all payments held makes it difficult to run a legit business. If you started your business Paypal with completely legit info and start out selling very low-risk stuff you will get higher release amounts. It's no big secret. When you sign up for a business account the terms clearly outline what a "release amount/limit" is, how it is calculated, and how it works.

@OP - I'm fairly certain the release amount is rolling and does not reset at the first of the month, but correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't dealt with a new business Paypal is a while. If your first sale ever was for a $500 item you would get that money instantly. But if you've already had sales and that $500 would cause you to go over your release amount, the money would be held.
Some of that is not true. I have gotten new release limits on brand new accounts from $100-$7500 - all payments being available, even on brand new 1 day old accounts. At one point, even business payments were being held under the 21 day hold guidelines. The release limits would pop up once in awhile, now more often.
Old 02-26-2016

Anyone know if the release amount is higher when you upgrade compared to starting it from scratch?

Also how does one check the actual release amount???
Old 02-26-2016

Quote:
Anyone know if the release amount is higher when you upgrade compared to starting it from scratch?

Sometimes when you first create the account and sometimes not until you get a payment.
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

This is wrong. The release amount is already set from the moment you make the account, before you ever sell an item, before you ever even get the chance to add your bank account or anything else. Even with legit info / SSN attached upon creation, you get a release limit. You do NOT have to sell anything for this to pop up. There was thread a few months back on this and it got sent to the subscribed members area, which I dont have access to right now. It was alllll about release limits and this certain member even showed screenshots. It is apparent that nobody in this thread knows exactly what I am talking about, aside from breakthecycle
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

There is a special link that you go to and it has a graph and tells all about your release limit, if you have one. If you do NOT have a release limit, it will take you to the main activity page.
Old 02-29-2016

Longevity: 96%

Now with all that said is there a difference between business accounts with an EIN and business accounts without?

I wouldn't mind having a few accounts that released $500+ per month of my initial sales. I would just have enough to get fast capital and then use regular accounts in conjunction with those to maintain consistent cashflow.

I could use some help with these please if someone could help. Breakthecycle2 or wtfebay you guys open to starting a mentorship program? I'd be your first mentee.
Old 02-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgattison View Post
Now with all that said is there a difference between business accounts with an EIN and business accounts without?

I wouldn't mind having a few accounts that released $500+ per month of my initial sales. I would just have enough to get fast capital and then use regular accounts in conjunction with those to maintain consistent cashflow.

I could use some help with these please if someone could help. Breakthecycle2 or wtfebay you guys open to starting a mentorship program? I'd be your first mentee.
As of late, all business accounts appear to have a monthly release limit or no limit, at least initially. The $500 "starter" amount is not guaranteed. I have got them from $100 all the way up to $7500.
Old 03-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgattison View Post

You can't open a business account these days without DOB AND last 4 SSN. There is a method to not use the last 4 SSN, but I don't think everyone knows about it. And it doesn't involve using phony made up numbers. I have had to do the trial and error myself over many years, and still new things pop up and I have to figure out...like my original question that has still yet to be answered. I would say it's up to you to do your own trial and error and see what works for you.