Something new to think of? Anyone else dealt with this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Something new to think of? Anyone else dealt with this?

I've had a business paypal account for about 3 years now with great track record...never limited, high volume sales (300k+) a year...

now i bought out my partner whose name i originally used for the contact name...i faxed them the new contact information for contact name change (driver license, ssn, utility bill, letter head)...they said it takes about 10 days..

before reviewing that information i think my partner contacted paypal and told them he is no longer the account holder...

they limited my account, asking me to verify :

15-Mar-2016 Confirm your bank account

15-Mar-2016 Photo IDTo help confirm your identity, please send us a copy of your photo ID that shows your name and address.

15-Mar-2016 Proof of AddressTo confirm your address, please send us a copy of a bill that shows your name and address.

i called them and they said they got my faxed documents and need first to get the name changed then can do the verification...

anyone else deal with this? kinda scary if i lose my paypal, my business will hurt as i am mostly online seller...

what are my alternatives? Can i add another paypal account to my ebay accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2016

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Something new to think of? Anyone else dealt with this?

So its your PayPal account but you was using your partners name on the account is that correct?

But your partner you beleive has contacted PayPal to say he is no longer the account holder?

Who's name is on the account? your partners or yours??

What your have to do now as your account is only TEMPORARILY limited is to send PayPal what they want.. So send them the ID, Proof of address and confirm your bank.. quite straight forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
justanotherguy (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Can't you just get your partner to fax in the docs they need? Or are you two not on good terms now?
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
justanotherguy (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016
Threadstarter  

my partner's name is what i used for the paypal account when we first decided to get our business online...

last month i bought out my partner and took full ownership of the business...last week on march 7th i faxed them the contact name change with all the info on the name i wanted to put the paypal account under...

today (march 15th) they sent me a limitation email saying they just needed to verify the information...

when i called they hadn't reviewed the contact name change request and acknowledged they received the documents...they wouldn't talk to me about anything else saying that the name hadn't changed yet so they can't disclose anything...they said they have received the fax and will review it in the next couple of days...

so i have to sit and wait for that because when i call in the account is still on my ex partner's name so they won't talk to me about anything...

he said the name change docs should clear up the limitation as well since its basically all the same stuff i faxed them...

i don't know, i just feel like once you get limited its over...i don't sell risky items nor have i ever been penalized by paypal or ebay...

hope i get out of this...very stressful...

just curious when they ask for proof of address, they want the business name + address or account holder name + address? because all my utility bills and such come under my business name and address

thanks for the help
Old 03-15-2016
Threadstarter  

there is no use to get my partner to fax them...i mean i could if i wanted to...we are on okay terms...

but i've already faxed the contact name change under his name, as the fax cover sheet automatically inputs account holders name when you request contact name change (which he said was okay)..

i guess he went and tried to sign up for his own account and saw that the name change hadn't gone through, so he contacted paypal...

just wondering if this is going to be a straight forward thing since i am no risk to paypal...or its you never know until you know type of thing..
Old 03-15-2016
Threadstarter  

only thing i can't do is withdraw money...my ebay and paypal still running as normal...
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 47%

be careful with them buddy, paypal will take advantage of anyone and limit their money so they can collect interest on it. they are sitting on a lot of my money right now.
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 51%

No need to frighten the guy anymore then he is.

O.P - it could just be formality. If I was a financial association and someone told me they no longer owned the account, I'd also want proof of the person who now owns it.

I think your over worrying yourself here, I'm sure this will be cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
be careful with them buddy, paypal will take advantage of anyone and limit their money so they can collect interest on it. they are sitting on a lot of my money right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to spindoctor For This Useful Post:
samspalace (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016

It's an interesting post and interesting reply from yourself. It's a shame the PayPal account wasn't in your name to begin with as you wouldn't of had any problems in sending PayPal what they want as its not even a STEALTH account if I'm correct? It's actually a normal account with no limitations uptill now.

By the sound of your answer you've done everything your required to do now so it's best to just try and be patient and wait for the outcome.

Please let us know the outcome of your events.

If you ever create an account next time choose a name and just stick with it
Old 03-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
they make more off of me with the account running than the 2k that is sitting in there right now...

don't think that would be a deciding factor...only thing that might make them limit forever is if they think this is some sort of identity theft or fraud attempt and close me out...

if they accept the contact name change then i don't see why they wouldn't lift my limitations..

if they think the contact name change is in an attempt to commit fraud than i am screwed...

problem is i can't do or say anything since its on his name...they just told me to wait a couple of more days...
Old 03-15-2016

To answer your question when PayPal ask for proof of address it means they want a utility bill or bank statement and either one are the best documents to send them in my opinion.

PayPal just want matching documents which match your PayPal account.
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 51%

He's been told to wait a few days first, regarding the change of ownership of the account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
To answer your question when PayPal ask for proof of address it means they want a utility bill or bank statement and either one are the best documents to send them in my opinion.

PayPal just want matching documents which match your PayPal account.
Old 03-15-2016

It's all about the name change hopefully they will accept the name change for you.

Have you stopped selling on the eBay account? as you don't want to fill your PayPal account with even more money to then potentially find out that you can't withdrawal the funds as name wasn't accepted.

I am right in thinking you have already sent in your documents a long with name change and now waiting for PayPal to get back to you?

I hope it does get accepted for you.

Last edited by samspalace; 03-15-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
It's all about the name change hopefully they will accept the name change for you.

Have you stopped selling on the eBay account? as you don't want to fill your PayPal account with even more money to then potentially find out that you can't withdrawal the funds as name wasn't accepted.

I am right in thinking you have already sent in your documents a long with name change and now waiting for PayPal to get back to you?

I hope it does get accepted for you.
I sent them the documents to do a 'contact name change' march 7th, and they limited me today...when i called they said they received the fax but it takes upto 10 business days to get it done...when i login the name is still my ex-partners, so i can't fax them the three things they want for the limitation review because it would have to match my partners info...

they said in that case wait a few days for them to update the name and then call back or it may even resolve the issue...

the account is a business account, the contact name is the issue which is under my ex-business partner...

i have already faxed them a utility bill with my business name and address, business letter head, and ssn + license for the new contact name

we will see...

thanks for the support
Old 03-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

If youre on good terms with the partner, have him complete the turn over and clear up any issues...

You've not much else to lose at this point.
Hes either going to say yes or no.
Old 03-16-2016
Threadstarter  

still haven't got anything from them yet...no email, no name change...

don't know if i should call back in...
Old 03-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post

I would if I were you. You'll more than likely get a different explanation from every Paypal rep you speak with. They are notorious for not knowing what they're talking about.

You might get a rep today who says "oh ok, I'll change the name for you and unlimit the account." Crazier things have happened.

I'm assuming this Paypal is the primary source of income for your business. If that's the case I would be on the phone with someone at Paypal until the problem is resolved.
justanotherguy (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I would if I were you. You'll more than likely get a different explanation from every Paypal rep you speak with. They are notorious for not knowing what they're talking about.

You might get a rep today who says "oh ok, I'll change the name for you and unlimit the account." Crazier things have happened.

I'm assuming this Paypal is the primary source of income for your business. If that's the case I would be on the phone with someone at Paypal until the problem is resolved.

took your advice and went ahead and called them...a pleasant lady picked up, we chatted for a bit and said she understood the frustration...

she helped me by asking me if I had access to the account, at which point i said yes of course. she went on to tell me to 'add additional user' which would have been me, did that and then was able to talk to me about my account. said they received the fax and that should clear everything up within 24 hours...

again still not out of the clear 100%, but looks a little brighter...what you guys think..
Old 03-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

I think you're good to go now

If nothing happens in 24 hours call them back and be persistent. You aren't doing anything wrong (that you've mentioned) so you shouldn't be at much risk for losing the account.
justanotherguy (03-29-2016)
Old 03-25-2016

Longevity: 58%

Whatever happened with this?
The Following User Says Thank You to RichardCard82 For This Useful Post:
justanotherguy (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

sorry meant to come back and update...

so after the final post i called them again and they said none of my faxes came clear and they can't change my name or lift my ban..

they asked for signature card from bank, id again, and cover letter.

this time i didn't fax it and i scanned them at hi-res and uploaded all pdf files with images in them.

called in again and confirmed that they received it...they said yes...waited...next morning they sent me an email saying again they couldn't lift my ban....then sent me an email saying the name change was approved...

the name change and limitation were in two separate channels...called back in freaking out...finally they said yea the limitation review was before the name change acceptance, so they went back and finally got it all lifted...

was a week of stress and headaches...but man has made me open my eyes and seek other avenues to be more secure.

thanks and hope this is a lesson for others...be careful whose name you put your business under
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanotherguy For This Useful Post:
colt63 (03-29-2016), rsot (04-03-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
still haven't got anything from them yet...no email, no name change...

Rough to hear about the trouble :(
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Ikelpyep (03-31-2016)