Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout. - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout.

I cannot comment on macbook's situation.

What I have done always works for myself and for others. All you need is a card that can pass a zip code check when you sign up to sell.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (02-18-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
Not to bring up an old thread.... But you must have a unique pp per stealth Ets.y - When the payment completes thru PP your merchant token is revealed to Ets.y - this token is unique to your ACCOUNT. Thus, using the same PP account will link your Ets.y accounts.

This is tried and true and for certain.
That was not my experience when I sold on Etsy. I didn't leave because they found out my ste.alth and booted me but because I found a better venue and was sick of their ish. I still have accounts that are in perfectly good standing....both from the same PP just different emails.
Old 02-19-2015

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
prepaid cards and multiple emails from one PP account is fine. it's all i have ever done for over a year now.
Interesting. Its been years since I tried it, but a few years ago they caught onto me really quickly when using the same account. Maybe things have changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to macbook For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
Interesting. Its been years since I tried it, but a few years ago they caught onto me really quickly when using the same account. Maybe things have changed.
If you tried to pay the bill from there, that would be the case. I don't know though maybe I was just lucky. I am certainly no expert!
Old 03-08-2016

Longevity: 47%

What is the best formula for getting back on etsy and passing the DC without using genuine details?
Old 03-10-2016

Longevity: 51%

I recently tried to open my next stealth E--y and found that they only wanted direct checkout and no paypal this time. I panicked a bit tbh, E--y for my business has the best customers and the highest sale rate, but like many of us I got singled out by my competitors and reported for intellectual property rights. I really do find it shocking that sellers on there have the time to do that! Your product must be awful if you have free time to take down competitors.

Anyway, I figured screw it. I'm going to try it out since the worst that can happen is I get declined, and once I do I'll know its no longer an option. And so far, about 24 hours later, I have my confirmation to say my new E--y shop is open. I remember when I first tried to reopen I would get found out and shut down in 24 hours of putting on my first product (before I knew about stealth) so this looks promising.

In a way if this is successful, its sort of nice in that I wont have to get a VCC or a stealth PP for future shops unless I want to move those product to eB**.

I'll give it a bit longer before I start adding in more product, there's nothing worse than wasting time on a shop that just gets shut down.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
SWORDFISH497 (04-04-2018)
Old 03-11-2016

Zenohki, are you able to give me some vague pointers on what needs to be done to successfully open Etsy with Direct Checkout, i'm in the same boat and etsy was a great platform for my products and really enjoyed the communication between buyer sellers, maybe not so much the competitors who really do spend alot of time bitching and reporting. lol
Old 03-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtproducts View Post
Zenohki, are you able to give me some vague pointers on what needs to be done to successfully open Etsy with Direct Checkout, i'm in the same boat and etsy was a great platform for my products and really enjoyed the communication between buyer sellers, maybe not so much the competitors who really do spend alot of time bitching and reporting. lol
I'm afraid I can't PM at the moment as I have too few posts on the forum, and I don't want to spam just for the sake of PMing! But basically everything you need is in the Stealth Book if you have it?

It seems that in terms of identity, the same applies to E--y now as does with PP. So your new bank account has to be your real self, but then you need a new identity. (Turns out you do need the VCC) Some people are reluctant when it comes to this step, they don't like the idea of creating a brand new person, but unless you have a relative or friend who's identity you can borrow, there is no other option from what I can see .
Old 03-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

Use DC with etsy, use a different name for the store, not even remotely similar, get an EIN I would use someone that you know, remind them ety will not send anything they just want to see another State if your things look similar, your competition is throwing you under the bus, one report from them and they ets starts snooping around, they visit these forums as well, get this EIN from another state if you can just using the address from a friend in another state like I said, when you get that use it as a SS and use the name of your business, open a new account under the ein a checking account, the name is irrelevant, so is the address of the bank, the bank does not disclose nor does et s has the power to get it from a bank (YET) Most importantly new IP, and new pictures that are NOT store in your computer or any other site. Just download directly from your camera, change descriptions on everything try to change the colors of the items if they are hand made, never go to the forums.
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I recently tried to open my next stealth E--y and found that they only wanted direct checkout and no paypal this time. I panicked a bit tbh, E--y for my business has the best customers and the highest sale rate, but like many of us I got singled out by my competitors and reported for intellectual property rights. I really do find it shocking that sellers on there have the time to do that! Your product must be awful if you have free time to take down competitors.

Anyway, I figured screw it. I'm going to try it out since the worst that can happen is I get declined, and once I do I'll know its no longer an option. And so far, about 24 hours later, I have my confirmation to say my new E--y shop is open. I remember when I first tried to reopen I would get found out and shut down in 24 hours of putting on my first product (before I knew about stealth) so this looks promising.

In a way if this is successful, its sort of nice in that I wont have to get a VCC or a stealth PP for future shops unless I want to move those product to eB**.

I'll give it a bit longer before I start adding in more product, there's nothing worse than wasting time on a shop that just gets shut down.
I am currently trying to open a new etsy account. I already have one that is up and running fine but I want a back up to sell different items. I was hoping you could help me with a few things. Is your etsy account still up and running fine? I'm mostly worried about them asking to confirm my identity so what do you do when they ask for that?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2016

the new account I made seems to be fine, though I haven't really populated it yet. (just waiting on photography for items) my test items seem to have finally hit the search and started getting likes, I'll have to give an update when items start to sell, see what happens. But so far it looks successful.

Simple answer HAHlala, you have to be prepared to provide an identity, just one that isn't linked to any previously banned accounts. Some people ask friends or family if they can provide details (personally I couldn't ask my family as I was living with them when I first started E--y, so addresses would match up)

The alternative is listed in the stealth handbook, if you have the skills you can do it yourself (and I mean skills, don't just botch it) if you don't have skills there are people on the forum who sell the service.
Lemondrops (06-11-2016)
Old 03-16-2016

Quote:
the new account I made seems to be fine, though I haven't really populated it yet. (just waiting on photography for items) my test items seem to have finally hit the search and started getting likes, I'll have to give an update when items start to sell, see what happens. But so far it looks successful.

Simple answer HAHlala, you have to be prepared to provide an identity, just one that isn't linked to any previously banned accounts. Some people ask friends or family if they can provide details (personally I couldn't ask my family as I was living with them when I first started E--y, so addresses would match up)

The alternative is listed in the stealth handbook, if you have the skills you can do it yourself (and I mean skills, don't just botch it) if you don't have skills there are people on the forum who sell the service.
Is it common for them to ask for identity? I've never had that with my accounts. I created a new account just under a month ago, I've made over 300 sales and have not been asked for ID yet? This account has my real details and everything so I'm fine.

I want to create a second account that won't be linked to my original but I can't borrow anyones ID. So your saying if I make another etsy I can make up a name and address and someone can make me an ID with that info on it? I could borrow my familys ID but they live with me so the address would be the same.

I know etsy let you have 2 seller accounts as long as you sell different items and write on your profile that you own both account but am I right in thinking if one account got taken down they would just take the other account down even if it had no problems?

I was hoping you could help with someone else also.. I have a new bank card to use on my 2nd etsy account but it obviously has my real name etc so can etsy see my bank/credit card details? and if they ask me to provide proof of ID won't they ask why the name on my bank card is different to the name on my ID if I get a made up one?
Old 03-16-2016

Oh and forgot to mention I have never had an etsy account suspended or banned I'm just making a second one incase.
Old 03-16-2016

It seems that this is now the way E--y wants to work. So yes they will be asking for ID in future for all accounts. You're in the same position as me, I made a new one last year and did my verification through paypal, now it just goes direct through E--y.

From what I can tell if you have two shops linked to the same details and one goes down, the other is going with it. They have a zero tolerance policy.

I personally have not used the services of the people selling docs on the forums, so I can't advise on how to go forward with this option. You may want to inquire just in case, as I wonder if they need to generate the details for you.

From what I can tell E--y can't check your personal details from your bank account details, much like PP can't. But after you verify your identity they do ask for a credit card to be put on the account, to be safe I went with a stealth VCC.
SWORDFISH497 (04-04-2018)
Old 03-16-2016

Quote:
It seems that this is now the way E--y wants to work. So yes they will be asking for ID in future for all accounts. You're in the same position as me, I made a new one last year and did my verification through paypal, now it just goes direct through E--y.

From what I can tell if you have two shops linked to the same details and one goes down, the other is going with it. They have a zero tolerance policy.

I personally have not used the services of the people selling docs on the forums, so I can't advise on how to go forward with this option. You may want to inquire just in case, as I wonder if they need to generate the details for you.

From what I can tell E--y can't check your personal details from your bank account details, much like PP can't. But after you verify your identity they do ask for a credit card to be put on the account, to be safe I went with a stealth VCC.
I have never used a VCC before are they easy enough to get? And do you just top them up?

I am going to create the new etsy today. I have recently got a new computer so will be making it on that and got a dongle for IP. I am just going to make up a name and address and add my new credit card to the account. Can you think of anything I'm missing out on? Like I said I've never been banned so its not going to be hard for me to make this account but just don't want the accounts linked in any way incase one does go down in the future.
Old 03-16-2016

I'm so confused.. I just tried to open a new etsy account (keep in mind I've never been banned but just wanted a second account). But it wouldn't allow me to. Heres the steps I took:

-Just got a new computer so no past sign ins on etsy.
-Got a dongle for new IP address
-New phone number
-New bank card

Everything was fine then I got to the 'set up how you want to receive your payments' page. I entered my new bank card sort code and account number. It also asks for the name on the card so I entered the name which is just my first initial and last name. That got accepted and was fine.

Then on the same page it asks for your address, so as someone suggested to me I checked for local houses for sale (I found a really old house that looked like it had been on the market for a while). I entered the address of that house. Entered a new name and new phone number.

I then got a message when I clicked confirm saying 'We are having trouble confirming your identity. I changed the name slightly - same again. After a few tries it went to new page and asked me to upload by ID as they were having trouble identifying me.

What would be the cause of this? Is it because the name on my card is different from the name I was trying to sign up with? So how do you get passed this then?
Old 03-16-2016

I'd also really appreciate some help getting back on with direct checkout, as a lot of the post are related to US, and would really love to here from some of the 'kings of et-sy' MM78 and unkown5454.

I'd really like to understand every step before wasting a bank account... i've opened up too many this year as it is, hope i'll understand enough about ;-

Creating a new identity and best way to do this.
Creating a new address which work for verification.
How these then work with direct checkout and adding Bank Account.

Could some link me to some of the best forum pages to read? or give hints and tip to these, i've read so many hours now and still can't understand exactly what points to follow and how each step work with each other.
Old 03-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtproducts View Post
I'd also really appreciate some help getting back on with direct checkout, as a lot of the post are related to US, and would really love to here from some of the 'kings of et-sy' MM78 and unkown5454.

I'd really like to understand every step before wasting a bank account... i've opened up too many this year as it is, hope i'll understand enough about ;-

Creating a new identity and best way to do this.
Creating a new address which work for verification.
How these then work with direct checkout and adding Bank Account.

Could some link me to some of the best forum pages to read? or give hints and tip to these, i've read so many hours now and still can't understand exactly what points to follow and how each step work with each other.
I second that, I'm finding it hard to find enough information especially regarding UK etsy accounts. A lot of people say different thing and there isn't really any clear steps on how to do it. I would really appreciate any help anyone had especially if they have done it themselves.
Old 03-17-2016

I'd love to PM you both but my account still doesn't have enough posts. So all I can say for now is if you both have the Stealth Book, a good read and a little time to think about your plan in detail and you should have all the information you need.
Old 04-05-2016

Longevity: 48%

Browse around the forum, there's a lot of information available to start with.

As for the bank accounts, do not waste them on direct checkout. I personally use pay.pal for receiving payments and make my payment with VCC.
Old 04-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellix View Post
Browse around the forum, there's a lot of information available to start with.

As for the bank accounts, do not waste them on direct checkout. I personally use pay.pal for receiving payments and make my payment with VCC.
As mentioned this is no longer an option, Et.sy have updated so that you can only use direct checkout. You can receive pay.pal payments, but they go to your direct checkout. There is no longer an option to put in pay.pal details for receiving payments.
Old 04-05-2016

Longevity: 48%

So I believe this is quite recent because I've opened a store on mid January this year and that's the only payment option that I have.

Might be related to the country you're at? Might be. I'm not sure.