How to run 2 etsy accounts with same details? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-16-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Exclamation How to run 2 etsy accounts with same details?

I've been posting a few times today with no success yet so heres another question. Hopefully someone has some advice.

I haven't been banned or restricted from etsy but I want to open a 2nd account. I know you are allowed to do this as long as you sell different items (which I am) but I don't want either shop ever being linked incase one does happen to get taken down.

I tried to open another account today using a new ip address, new computer, new name, new bank account, new address. However I instantly got a message after entering my made up address that they were having trouble identifying me - I used the address of an old house thats been on the market for ages near me. I think it could be because the name on my bank account didn't match the made up name I was setting up my account with? But I'm not 100% sure because I was told they can't see your bank account info?

I honestly didn't expect it to be so difficult, I have come across so many people on etsy that run several shop accounts and its usually pretty easy to spot them, so I have no idea how they are able to make up so many accounts.

So heres my question:

If I make a new etsy still using a different IP address, different computer, new bank account but still had the account registered to my real name and address (same name and address as on my first account) will that be a problem? Remember I'm not banned so its not like my name/address is on their system as banned but I don't know if that will cause problems using the same address as my first account?

I wish I could ask these people on etsy with several account how they are doing it
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2016

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: How to run 2 etsy accounts with same details?

If you use real name and address and one of your stores gets banned, it's just a matter of time they they will link the accounts.
Old 04-05-2016

Longevity: 51%

I have been told you can have two accounts under the same details, as long as you make it clear to Et.sy that you own both. But as above, if one gets banned the other is going down with it, they will want nothing to do with you. Which is why we stealth with alternative details.
Old 04-05-2016

Longevity: 48%

Yes, you can have two stores, as long as they are from different selling areas. It's on their rules. In my case for example, I had two. They shutdown one of them and a couple of days later the other one too. Completely different business areas.
Old 10-21-2016

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellix View Post
Yes, you can have two stores, as long as they are from different selling areas. It's on their rules. In my case for example, I had two. They shutdown one of them and a couple of days later the other one too. Completely different business areas.
May I know how long it takes them to shutdown your other stores. Mine is still there after one store has been closed for 4 days.