Can you believe this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-16-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Can you believe this?

I was looking at my eBay messages in an account that I haven't checked in a while, and I came across this:

We're writing to tell you about an important announcement we've made about eBay standards for seller performance. eBay is taking steps to protect the interests of good sellers like you and the consumer's overall experience on eBay.

First of all, we assure you that your current level of performance meets the standards.

Sellers are expected to perform in a manner resulting in a consistently high level of buyer satisfaction. If, over a 90-day period, a seller's interactions with buyers result in greater than a 5% level of buyer dissatisfaction as evidenced by negative/neutral feedback and/or Item Not Received complaints, that seller will be considered in violation of eBay's Seller Non-Performance policy. Note, we're currently not including Detailed Seller Ratings in the enforcement of the policy since they are so new to the marketplace.

Violations of Seller Non-Performance policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Selling fee schedule adjustments
* Loss of PowerSeller status
* Referral to law enforcement

As you know, buyer satisfaction is vital to your continued success -- and the continued success of eBay. We encourage you to follow best practices including prompt delivery, secure packaging, accurate representation of your items, and good communication with your buyers.

Thank you for your continued commitment to eBay. We are confident that enforcing this policy will go a long way to keeping eBay a great place to buy and sell for you and for all our users.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

Referral to Law Enforcement? Hah!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

eBay should go to jail for what they do. Screw eBay.
Old 08-16-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

As I already mentioned in a similar thread this is such BS!!!
I would say that almost everyone here that has gotten booted had well over 95% positive feedback, most probably had 100%. But that has no bearing on EB evaluating the situation.
I had one dissatisfied customer who wanted me to take a return on a watch box that she bought after viewing the actual picture of the item. I eventually took it back after she lied to PP and said I misrepresented it...how could I misrepresent something that was pictured? The truth was that she was not familiar with the item and once it arrived in her opinion it wasn't as nice as it looked in the picture.

My point is, that her complaint was baseless and it would only take 1 out of every 20 customers to reach this 5% dissatisfaction rate. I would be all for this if EB ever bothered to investigate issues and get to the truth, but they just don't care. It is as if a Doctor only treated people who weren't sick because getting people well was just too much work and if they died they might not be able to pay the bill.

The final joke is going to be on them when they contact law enforcement to have to swear out warrants for Charlie Brown, Mickey Mouse or whatever other alias we've been forced to use because of their arbitrary enforcement of arbitrary policies.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
The final joke is going to be on them when they contact law enforcement to have to swear out warrants for Charlie Brown, Mickey Mouse or whatever other alias we've been forced to use because of their arbitrary enforcement of arbitrary policies.
Lol, they most likely won't do anything unless you own them tons of money. Just remember to change your IP address often.