Money Orders As Payments!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Question Money Orders As Payments!!!

Good Morning, I need some help I signed up using my mothers info and I do not have a merchant account set up yet but I did say I am accepting visa/mastercard, when they ask how to make payment I will jus tell them my merchant account is not set up yet and have them mail me a USPS Money order (which you can take right to the post office to cash) The only problem is I have to give them my real info and my real address and I really do not want to post they via messageing on email so I will have to get there email address to send them the info.. What does everyone think of this idea??? Someone please reply.. I have about four listing and one is going to sell in 2 days....

I am having problems setting up a merchant account because of my operating system, I am working on a mac 0s 9.2 , with internet explorer 5.1 I cannot upgrade because of my computer being older...

tyandlayne
View Public Profile
Send a private message to tyandlayne
Find More Posts by tyandlayne
Add tyandlayne to Your Buddy List
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Don't you have less sells because of only accepting money orders? I'm actually looking for a good merchant account too, anyone recommend one?
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

No so far it looks like I am getting alot of watchers on my items I do list That I accept Visa/Mastercard but When they ask how to pay I tell them I need them to send a money order because of me being new my merchant account is not set up yet... The only thing I am afraid of is I have to give me REAL INFO to the Buyers Because I need to cash the Money order, So I am hoping everything goes ok... What do you think?
Old 08-14-2007
Administrator

I don't think that would be a problem.
Old 08-14-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Don't you have less sells because of only accepting money orders? I'm actually looking for a good merchant account too, anyone recommend one?
if anyone need a good merchant account , please visit this one. I have had an account here for about 6 months and its going strong.

https://support.merchantplus.com/par...te.php?id=1040
Old 08-15-2007
Threadstarter  

What is the merchant? Is it compatible with mac os 9.2 and internet explorer 5.1
Old 08-15-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
if anyone need a good merchant account , please visit this one. I have had an account here for about 6 months and its going strong.

https://support.merchantplus.com/par...te.php?id=1040
Chris is says you must have a business website when signing up for this merchant of course I do not have one because its ebay.. what do we do for this quesion and they ask for a tax id number Could you please help me on this... Also do they people that get the invoice do they see your real info, because of course we do not want them to see that... PLEASE REPLY
Old 08-15-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandlayne View Post
What is the merchant? Is it compatible with mac os 9.2 and internet explorer 5.1
Its called a merchant account, and a merchant account is what stores and brick and motar business use when they accepet your credit card.
Old 08-15-2007
Banned

Quote:
Chris is says you must have a business website when signing up for this merchant of course I do not have one because its ebay.. what do we do for this question and they ask for a tax id number Could you please help me on this... Also do they people that get the invoice do they see your real info, because of course we do not want them to see that... PLEASE REPLY
I never gave them a website. I skipped that question. Also your tax Id is your SSN#

The buyers will see your DBA name which if you dont have one yet, they will probably see your name on the receipt.

My name shows up on the receipt, but it hasnt interfered with my Ebay business yet and I have this merchant account working with 3 different Ebay Accounts
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I never gave them a website. I skipped that question. Also your tax Id is your SSN#

The buyers will see your DBA name which if you dont have one yet, they will probably see your name on the receipt.

My name shows up on the receipt, but it hasnt interfered with my Ebay business yet and I have this merchant account working with 3 different Ebay Accounts

Does your money get deposited into your checking account? And when people pay for there items on ebay do they have to sign up for this merchant account and does it cost them money?
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Chris have you tried any other merchant programs for eBay? Any others work well for you or is it just merchantplus?
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Chris - Merchant Plus

Chris went to sign up for the $19.95 account and it is asking for a Website and Primary Business Reference for them to contact...
Am I doing something wrong? Please Reply???
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Quote:
Does your money get deposited into your checking account? And when people pay for there items on ebay do they have to sign up for this merchant account and does it cost them money?
it gets deposited right into my checking account within 3 days or so and the buyers can pay with ebay checkout. I integrated it into Ebay..The buyers wont know a thing nor do they have to sign up. All they have to do is whip out the credit card and type in the numbers...
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Chris have you tried any other merchant programs for eBay? Any others work well for you or is it just merchantplus?
Well I have 3 different Merchant Accounts with 3 different providers all running through Authorize.net and they all work well for me except for Merchant Plus but that because of what I sell
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Quote:
Chris went to sign up for the $19.95 account and it is asking for a Website and Primary Business Reference for them to contact...
Am I doing something wrong? Please Reply???

"""Please include your primary business reference. This *must* be a supplier or trade-related reference. Family members, employees, etc., are not accepted as references. If you do not have any suppliers, please provide a previous customer we may contact."""

make something up. Sign up for a free phone number and make some stuff up. They don't call anyways. A trade-related reference can be anyone
Old 08-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well I have 3 different Merchant Accounts with 3 different providers all running through Authorize.net and they all work well for me except for Merchant Plus but that because of what I sell
I looked into Authorize.net and this is what it said:
If you are looking for a merchant account and/or payment gateway to process transactions, please call us at 866-437-0476 (Monday - Friday, 6 AM - 5 PM Pacific time) or fill out the form below.
I filled out the form but I am not sure if I am filling it out correctly.. Please reply.. Thankns
Old 08-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, What website do I put because it is saying you need a website?

For the other info I am putting in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, is that ok? Please reply...
Old 08-28-2007
Banned

My credit was bad when I signed up for merchant plus until when I restored with the new business I'm doing. I do credit restoration right now. My credit was only like 500 when I signed up but now my credit is 650 and climbing.

I think you told them to high of monthly sales. You have to have proven documents to let them know you serious about the sales you do per month..