PayPal and multiple ebay accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default PayPal and multiple ebay accounts

Great site, tons of valuable information here. I generally get it all, but I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask for clarification:

1. If you link your old paypal to your new ebay acct in my ebay, that's bad. I get that. But if you are using turbolister, and for the paypal email address for the buyers to send payments, if you use your new email address that you have set up in your old paypal account, is that cool? Will buyers still be able to check out like normal through ebay automatically, and it would be cool?

2. Setting up a seller's account seems to be well covered beyond my question above. But, I would also like to set up a buring account. Obviously, I don't want a buying account with an address that is different than my paypal address, since I would like to get my stuff most of the time! I realize I could email sellers and get them to send stuff to my paypal address, but I would like to know how much scrutiny a buyer's account would get if it is just used for buying, even though it would be linked to my other selling account due to my IP? If I use a similar name, with a similar address on my buying account as my banned address, would this be a huge tipoff if the account is used for buying only and then cause my selling account to be banned? Any suggestions on this?

Thanks all!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

1. Yes that's okay, adding your paypal email (the same you're using on both eBay and Paypal) is okay to add to your turbolister auctions. This will allow a user to checkout as normal and have the payments reach you.

2. I'm not a 100% on this, but for a fact eBay will link the accounts, but that should be about it. They most likely won't do anything else just based on your address. But if one account is suspended, you'll lose the other as well. It almost doubles your chances for a suspension if you think about it.

As for your address, you can simply add St or Drive at the end of your address, and you should be okay on that.
Old 02-15-2007
Threadstarter  

With regards to listing PayPal as the only payment option in turbolister, I assume this would still fly ok if you list your items as Buy It Now's with immediate payment required (requiring a paypal account)? You don't think that would raise flags or get your paypal and ebay account linked?
Old 02-16-2007
Administrator

No, that's fine as well. It's the best option selling wise.
Old 02-16-2007

One problem with that immediate payment though is if you encounter another fellow suspended user. From personal experience I can tell you I won't buy any of those "paypal account required" auctions because it requires you to have a linked ebay account--something none of us will do if we want to stick around very long. So you might lose on some potential buyers. Just something to consider.
Old 02-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Good comment, I never thought of that, cause before the whole suspension thing, I was buying with a linked paypal account and it didn't matter to me.

Now, if I go back on as a buyer, I need to be aware of that. Now, if you want to buy an "immediate payment required" auction and your paypal account isn't linked, will ebay tell you that explicitly that you must link your paypal account, or will it let you just check out normally and whichever paypal account you pay with gets linked up? That would be a serious trap that many would/could fall into without thinking if thats the case.
Old 02-16-2007

This almost happened to me last week actually. I clicked to bid and got as far as the confirm bid stage before I realized the problem. Luckily ebay did give a message saying "this user has special bid requirements. You must confirm your account through paypal" or something like that. Basically yeah, it asks you to link the accounts, it just doesn't come right out and say that. Bells went off, and I got out of there fast.
Old 02-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Now that is some sneaky ass ****.

There oughta be a law.
Old 04-25-2007

Longevity: 98%
Default Please advice about paypal

Can i have
2 paypal account with 1 Ebay account
or
2 Ebay account with 1 Paypal account

I want to use my friend's Ebay account but can i add to my new Paypal account
Thanks for your advice
Old 04-26-2007

Whoa whoa... are you guys saying that I cannot have a brand new buyer's and seller's account at the same time that uses the same paypal account that I have used previously?

I too want a buyer and a seller account.

Wait... if that's true, doesn't that mean we can't buy on ebay using our paypal account?
Old 04-27-2007

Question Paypal

I had (2) ebay accounts and (2) paypal accounts. I had 1 of my ebay accounts suspended 2 1/2 weeks ago. My other ebay account is still alive and well. Both of my paypal accounts are alive and well. Both of my ebay and paypal accounts have different everything (address, IP, CC, and bank). Is it ok to send money back and fourth between my two paypal accounts? Or will ebay discover that i am the same person if I do this?? and suspend my other ebay account??
Old 04-27-2007
Administrator

No you'll be okay doing that. I do it all the time.
Old 04-28-2007

One other question. When you list an item are you or arent you susposed to put your PP e-mail address into the box that says "pp payment will goto"
Old 06-30-2007

Longevity: 97%

I have a problem with PP:
I have 3 ebay accounts and use 1 PP account. After 1 week of sale, I now want to send the money to my bank (added to PP just the same time I transferred my money), but few hours laters, PP limits my account and does a verification.They asked of id, confirm of address, phone number ...I do not link my 3 ebay accounts to PP, and I accidentally added 1 email that was suspended by Ebay awhile ago (Important: PP does not allow you to remove email when they limit your account). Will PP notice that eventhough I did not link my Ebay accounts with PP. Any idea ?? I am still waiting for them to answer (I have a couple thousand stuck in PP for now)
Old 08-15-2007

Longevity: 97%

This is Great Info.. I will definitly use it...
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayphobia View Post
I have a problem with PP:
I have 3 ebay accounts and use 1 PP account. After 1 week of sale, I now want to send the money to my bank (added to PP just the same time I transferred my money), but few hours laters, PP limits my account and does a verification.They asked of id, confirm of address, phone number ...I do not link my 3 ebay accounts to PP, and I accidentally added 1 email that was suspended by Ebay awhile ago (Important: PP does not allow you to remove email when they limit your account). Will PP notice that eventhough I did not link my Ebay accounts with PP. Any idea ?? I am still waiting for them to answer (I have a couple thousand stuck in PP for now)
Surprisingly unless your accounts are linked, eBay and Paypal, you won't have a problem with suspended emails on your Paypal account. I at one time had a whole list of emails mixed with registered and suspended accounts and nothing happened. Good stuff!

In the future though, it's probably not a good idea to leave these emails listed.
Old 08-16-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quick question while we are on the topic.
A year ago I had 2 EB accounts and one Premier, verified PP account. I had 2emails registered at PP, a separate one for each EB account. A year ago one of the EB accounts got suspended for my 3rd VeRO violation. No big deal, I just started using the other EB account and eventually worked it up to 100+ with 100%. I of course never used the old PP email that was used with the suspended EB account, but it was still registered with PP.

A couple of weeks ago I went to go to my ebay and there was a page up saying that it was unavailable, because I was temporarily suspended due to non-payment of fees. This had never happened, because if my payment wasn't made on time, EB would just deduct it from PP and I would get an email notifying me of the transaction. Well, I didn't want to cause any problems, so I just hit the PP button on the "temporarily suspended" page and authorized the transaction.
I went to get back into "my ebay" and now was notified that my account was suspended due to being "associated". I am not certain, but I believe that I might have inadvertantly logged in under the email registered with the first suspended account and ebay got the notice of payment saying it came from [myemail@yahoo.com] rather than the clean [myemail@gmail.com] that was registered to the second account. I am almost certain that I accidentially tipped my hand to them.

I have since removed the first email address from my PP account to avoid this from ever happening again, should I be re-instated.

My question (finally, hope I haven't been too confusing so far) is. Can I add the new email (the one that I just registered the new EB account to my PP account and get going buying and selling?

As long as the 2 EB accounts are seperate and using 2 different PP addresses can I get back up and running with the newly created EB account without jeopardizing either or both of the EB accounts?

I really want to get back up and running.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you're able to separate these accounts by IP very well and you don't mess up when you're sending payments to eBay you'll okay. It's hard though. For people starting out in this crazy world of eBay suspensions, one account is usually more then enough for them handle.
Old 08-17-2007

I could do business on 2 separate computers with different IPs.
I really don't plan on actively using both EB accounts for selling. For now I would like to start using the newly created account to sell and accept payments through PP and possibly pay my seller fees to EB. I would like to add the email that I used to creat the new EB account to PP.

This worked the last time I had to set up a new EB account, but since I am not sure how I was recently discovered to have been associated ( I am reasonably sure I logged in under the "banned" email to pay the "good" account, therefore giving myself up to them). I think if EB and PP had been actively involved in cross-referencing email addresses I would have gotten banned a long time ago.
So rather than to try to set up a brand new phantom PP account or to limit myself to no PP has anyone else tried this with any level of sucess? I don't know if someone having tried this and getting booted necessarily proves that this is the reason, since EB never discloses why they choose to kick most people off.
Old 08-22-2007
Executive [VIP]

Hm I just use 2 accounts and have money come to me. Thinking of doing a third now too ^^'
Old 08-28-2007

Aspkin

what u mean to add St or Drive at the end of address? it is for ebay register new address, or of new paypal account register address?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
1. Yes that's okay, adding your paypal email (the same you're using on both eBay and Paypal) is okay to add to your turbolister auctions. This will allow a user to checkout as normal and have the payments reach you.

2. I'm not a 100% on this, but for a fact eBay will link the accounts, but that should be about it. They most likely won't do anything else just based on your address. But if one account is suspended, you'll lose the other as well. It almost doubles your chances for a suspension if you think about it.

As for your address, you can simply add St or Drive at the end of your address, and you should be okay on that.
Old 09-03-2007

like 123 maple ave st ???