Can bank see your paypal name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-29-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Can bank see your paypal name?

I'm not asking about if paypal can see your bank name.

What I am asking is, when you withdraw money, can the receiving bank see your paypal name?

If your bank account constantly receives money withdrawn from paypal under different names, won't your bank likely to file a report on you? And the tax agency will be alerted and do an audit on you.

And what about paypal business account? If I have a personal bank account, but have a business paypal, and I withdraw, will the bank see the paypal business name?

I'm surprised there hasn't been many threads about this. You think paypal is bad? IRS is the real thing that will **** your life for good.

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Can bank see your paypal name?

I doubt that they see your PP name. And even if they did -- why should they care if bank doesn't receive any complaints from "stealth name" or etc.

If it was a big issue with banks and IRS -- I think we would have a lot of threads like this.

But let's wait for more experienced members.
Old 03-29-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Banks can see the name on the incoming funds.

That's why you need to use a bank that accepts mismatch names. Most have no issue with this.

Use the search function to see what banks are suitable.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Sorry I think I wasn't being clear. I meant the name you withdraw to.

For me, I cannot change my withdraw name, it's the same as my paypal business name (a company name). So the bank will see the withdraw is for ABC Ltd. , but my bank account is in my own personal name.
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Banks can see the name on the incoming funds.

That's why you need to use a bank that accepts mismatch names. Most have no issue with this.

Use the search function to see what banks are suitable.
That's right. I think it's called Third Party Deposits or something.

What I'm worried about is bank filing suspicious transaction reports. If you get certain number of reports in a year, IRS will surely look into you, and will make you explain your income.

That's why I am concerned. Withdrawls addressed to totally different person, and yet the funds are to my account. Won't the bank find this suspicious? They might think these are scam victims or something. Either way it's not a good thing.
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 61%

Bank DOES see the name. If you log in to your bank and click on the paypal transaction it will show something like PAYPAL DES:TRANSFER ID:59S7777776 INDN:Joe Shlomoni CO ID:PAYPALSD6 PPD . However, I've been doing transfers like this for years and had no problems whatsoever. They honestly don't care about the name. Just because there is a different name, doesn't necessarily mean it's you. It can be your business partner making those transactions to your account.
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell007 View Post
Just because there is a different name, doesn't necessarily mean it's you. It can be your business partner making those transactions to your account.
What do you mean by that?
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 61%

I mean, You might have a friend/relative/business partner/dog who has a paypal account with your bank account linked to it who withdraws money to it.
Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell007 View Post
Bank DOES see the name. If you log in to your bank and click on the paypal transaction it will show something like PAYPAL DES:TRANSFER ID:59S7777776 INDN:Joe Shlomoni CO ID:PAYPALSD6 PPD . However, I've been doing transfers like this for years and had no problems whatsoever. They honestly don't care about the name. Just because there is a different name, doesn't necessarily mean it's you. It can be your business partner making those transactions to your account.
Right. but Banks don't like it when you have deposits coming in from a business partner, they will say; that such person should be added to your account.

ACH departments can see electronics slips, these have the name of the person, that's why they call people to verify account activity or even close accounts. Just don't over do it, one day PayPal will send you a huge amount and your bank will just place your account on hold and boom! Money gone. They also don't mail you a check when such thing happens.
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I think the bank can see it, b/c when I do withdraws, the description has my paypal name in it. The bank and easily see this in the statement.
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Banks do see the same but it's very rare for a bank account to be closed based solely on mismatched deposits.

My BoA account was flagged for review because of suspicious activity, and the mismatched deposits were the nail in my coffin. Once they saw that I was done. But as I've stated in other threads I deserved that account closure. The only transactions were paypal deposits and cash withdrawals, so it looked really fishy. Just keep your banking activity looking normal and you shouldn't have problems.
Old 04-02-2016

Longevity: 85%

Most banks they don't even care
Old 04-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooliceman View Post
Most banks they don't even care
Stop trolling answers. Banks do care, if not they get fined.
Old 04-03-2016

Longevity: 54%

Most banks or savers have in their T&C's that the accounts is for the sole use of the person named in it. Sometimes even if a bank 'accepts' mismatched names it still may get in touch with you to verify the mismatched name payments entering your account are from you. Had letters myself recently because of this.