3000+ 100% positive feedback and i get the boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default 3000+ 100% positive feedback and i get the boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boy did i get a surprise today! my account is suspended. i had over 3000 positive feedback on that account 100% positive! booted. i had a buyer id that i used to sell items that did not fit in my other account. turns out one of those items may have been ⊗⊗⊗⊗. so i'm booted. just like that! $10,000 in ebay fees paid for nothing!
ebay says i must first get that other account reinstated before they will reinstae my main user id. they want government id, tax and bank account records. what do i do. should i try to salvage this or just give it up?
one problem i have is the ip address change. my isp is static and wants to charge me another $60 am month to upgrade to a business account to be able to change the ip address. that does not sound right to me. it's a satellite company. where i live i can't get dsl or cable internet. say goodbye to "***" worked really hard on that. now have over $80,000 in inventory that i can do nothing with!!
any suggestions????
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2007

I read your profile and it looks like you provided a great service. I have no answer, but you definitely have my support.

BTW you got booted for one ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Usually it is two and then the final third strike, but I am learning quickly that the only thing uniform about ebay is their non-uniformity.
Old 08-16-2007

Default Give it up and start fresh

Yap! Ebay wants to know everything about you, including if you take fiber in the morning! Start fresh is my take on this. Very few people get reinstated after giving out all the information they are requesting. In fact the more info you give them, the less stealth you can be on ebay when you get back. Don't do it. As far as your IP being static, go DSL and most home computers are dynamic and will change if you do not use your computer for 1-8 hours, also with DSL unpluging and pluging in your computer after 15 to 20 seconds should give you a different IP.

Another advise go slow when getting back on. Read everything you can on this thread and invest a little more on ebook. I recommend ebayreplay. you'll find some good advice in there.

First order of business, open a new business account, change your IP, get new P.O. box (Use the physical address of your P.O. box company, wheather it's UPS mailbox or USPS) when signing back on ebay. I am thinking opening a joint account and using the name of your wife, or someone you trust to have on your checking bussiness account and then use their name when getting a new account on ebay can help in legitamizing getting back on in case in the future they ask for more information about you,you won't be exactly lieing about your details.(I would like to hear what others on this thread think about this) As money can be the root of all evil make sure the other person you place on your account needs your signature too in order to withdraw, that is why a trusted wife or close family member is a good idea.

Clean your computer out. Do not! open any e-mail from ebay without cleaning your history, and cookies before and after you visit their site. They can track you. Take off turbo lister, ebay's tool bar, anything ebay. "Ebay SAM" is watching you!

$80,000 is alot of inventory. Start moving it at Overstock.com, sell.com,e-crater.com etc Spread it out. Lot's of work, but that's the only way....Someone at trust and safety is a nazi! I doubt they will be there for too long. Ebay loosing $10,000 amonth in fees is not going to make the investors happy! Well, goodluck to ya! PLease do not rush to go back, you'll only be dissapointed when you get suspended again. Take your time and learn from others on this forum, before attempting to go back.
Old 08-16-2007

Only problem is I believe that he said that DSL is not an option for his location.

...might want to check into a proxy server for the IP issue.

You can start over, but make sure you do all of the research first so read and read some more...it's really not too difficult to figure out and almost everyong here is very helpful. I have learned alot in the two weeks since I found this site.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Well, if I were you I would try to get your account back. If all it takes is giving eBay some details about your other account, there is no harm in doing this. You paid your fees already, and if it doesn't work you can create a new account easy.

DSL and Cable ISP are a better choice then satellite. You must live outside a major city to start with satellite. I would probably choose Cable or DSL. DSL tends to have more issues with changing IPs. Don't get Comcast cable though; it's a bitch changing IPs.

But first things first, just try to get your other account back. And second, look for other ways to sell your inventory then just eBay. EBay is not reliable at all, as you can see.
Old 08-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I would probably choose Cable or DSL. DSL tends to have more issues with changing IPs. Don't get Comcast cable though; it's a bitch changing IPs.
I thought it was the other way around. I thought that cable modems had the IP embedded and DSL changed when the modem was reset.

Speaking from experience, after resetting my DSL modem (SBC) I did get a new IP...after reading all of the posts, I couldn't believe in my case it was so easy.
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

thanks for your support dogfacedboy!!
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

likwidate,

Don't just sit here and complain to us. Get up and do something about it. Call the news station, file a report at the BBB, and the IC3. You need to be heard. Many people who do put up a fight and call the news station usually gets there account back ASAP because ebay hates the shine light.
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

And also your not being to smart! your using your EBay user name as the same name in here?? Are you nuts? LOL better change your name and all other info in here quick. Ebay probably does read in here
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

aspkin, one small problem with trying to save my account. it used to be my mothers, she never used it so i took it over and started selling odds and ends there. they want me to fax in copies of the government issued id and bank statements related to that account. problem is i do not remember if i had ever changed it to my name and address or not. of course i can't log in and check because it's suspended. they seem to know it was me as they suspended my main account. probably through the ip tracking or whatever it's called. i did change the paypal address and email address to my own...
probably not a good idea to send them a copy of dear old mom's id and bank statements? if i send them mine and they don't match what they have on file i'm screwed, right? what do you think?
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

good point chris!! how do i change my name??? shoot!!!!
Old 08-16-2007
Banned

Don't think you can. All of your info is public now. You may have to ask Aspkin to erase/delete your post and change your name
Old 08-16-2007
Executive [VIP]

Probably too late, it's already in the search engines ...
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

oh well. there goes that idea. to be safe i will lay low and try to start up slow!
Old 08-16-2007

So, can't you use your mothers information, or does she live in a different state? I was not too clear on that. Well, do try to get back your account. My goodness they did not even give you a warning. Unusual for someone paying so much in fees. I think we need to send e-mails to Chris Henson on Dateline and ask him to investigate Paypal for holding on to peoples money. I am sure that there are millions of dollars that Paypal is using from suspended account to invest with. Just a thought. Also I read somewhere there are 220 million members on ebay so we are all just a drop in the bucket, unless the climate with publicity changes that ebay is not a good place to sell if you are in business because you could loose your shirt for a minor infraction if any. Ebay will implode someday....
Old 08-16-2007

Also another thing! Get your money out of paypal, if they have not already suspended your account. Transfer it out immediately. Once it gets to your bank, transfer it out one more time to another account that ebay nor paypal knows about just in case this gets ugly and you make them wait for anyother fees due to them.
Old 08-16-2007
Threadstarter  

yeah i got the money out and paid my fees right away. strange thing is i am still getting payments from ebay members on items they purchased before i was suspended. i shipped one out. as soon as i printed the label the guy put a hold on the paypal payment stating i was no longer a registered user.
mom is in the same state, just not sure what info i changed when i took over the account. ebay says it all has to match. worried about sending them a copy of my id and other info.
Old 08-16-2007

Oh wait....hehe....never mind....I need them to sell my wares.
Old 08-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Default making my list and checking it twice!!! just a couple more questions

alright guys i'm up, showered, shaved, and ready to get back to work!

ok i think i have my game plan down:

1. no luck with the ip address change so i am going to use an old laptop, plug in it's phone modem to use dial up. maybe use "flyswatter" for emails just in case. of course clear all the cookies and turbo lister off of that laptop.

2. get a ups store mail box. should work ok i think.

3. get a dba and open a checking checking account. will that work for opening a new paypal account also? and could i therefore link a new ebay account to that paypal account?

4. open a new ebay account using the dba name and a new email address. probably a gmail email as they are easier for me to create.

5. start out real slow. maybe someday i will be able to open another ebay store there.

6. i will start listing on other sites like ioffer maybe look into starting my real own website. no more putting all my eggs in the same basket.

7. stop smoking

8. increase my alcohol intake to cover the lack of nicotine.

any more suggestions?
Old 02-04-2008

Longevity: 94%

I wouldn't use a real checking account I just opened a paypal account with a netspend credit card it has the banking checking info also on it I think you could also use the info on it for ebay...any answers ?

if thats possible you could use the same credit card for ebay and paypal with the same banking info ...I dunno maybe the experts could give a hand on that one
Old 08-23-2011

Longevity: 73%

How did it go for you? Did you ever get your new account up and running?
Old 08-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Any reason you are reviving threads dated 2008?

That user has not graced the forum with his company for years. At least December 2007 when I last spoke to him.

Whe shared cigar stories