Getting back on ebay as a bidder/buyer? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 04-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Getting back on ebay as a bidder/buyer?

Hello All

Being a victim of the 2014 ebay hacking with someone else apparently listing potentially infringing items under my account, without leaving any evidence that I could see, but ebays systems apparently seeing the items and subsequently banning me for life.

This all started with a suspension email sent to me from out of the blue requesting proof of identity documents, which I emailed them (mistake I know, but I didn’t know any better at the time). Everything was then reinstated and I carried on as normal not thinking anything more about the incident.

Then about a month later the final death nail email arrived which was a real shocker when you consider I have Only ever been a bidder/buyer (never a seller):

Thank you for contacting us regarding the suspension of your account.
I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our decision not to reinstate your account. I can understand why you're disappointed, but I'm afraid we always have to act in the best interests of the eBay community.
We've had another thorough look into the history of your account, and we have decided not to change our original decision.
Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely because you breached the terms of your reinstatement agreement. Because you continued to list potentially infringing items on eBay, we cannot permit further use of this account.
As your account is suspended, you may not use eBay in any way, including registering under a new account name or using someone else's account.
I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm afraid this is our final decision and we won't be able to do anything else to help.
Kind Regards,
eBay Trust and Safety

Two weeks later the news went out that ebay had been hacked. (June 2014)

I’ve laid low now for over two years and not had anything to do with ebay since the ban but would now like to get back on ebay as a ‘bidder/buyer’ again (no selling required) and have a few questions:
  • Which guide has the best information for ‘bidder/buyers’ getting back on ebay – ‘eBay stealth guide’ or ‘Back On Ebay Manual’?
  • How do you best deal with a new different ‘delivery’ address for your won/purchased items to be sent to? (They used to go to my home and work address)

I would bid on 4 to 5 items a month, max, so my usage of ebay was always very light and would continue this way.

Cheers for any help and guidance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2016
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Getting back on ebay as a bidder/buyer?

Shouldn't have a problem really. eBay is a lot more lax on buyer accounts than seller accounts. You could even just use your own details again.

Can't hurt to try really. The system won't let you use the same card or bank account but the rest of it should be good.
Old 08-13-2016

Longevity: 49%

Just like most people here I've been banned and I still use an account in my name for buying things without any issues. Weirdos even let me open another paypal to pay for things using the exact same info. This was 3 years ago and I didn't care since I was just buying things, but it's still going strong - as a buyers. I would never convert it to a sellers account though.
Old 08-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

Getting back on ebay as a buyer is ridiculously easy, you can be good to go within minutes
Old 04-11-2017

Longevity: 40%

yeah buying is easy, even under linked details!