Previously Suspended. Will I Last? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Previously Suspended. Will I Last?

Hi..I am a newbie here obviously!

I have a question. I havent used ebay in a couple years since i tried once last march or so, and my ID got deleted fast for being linked to my old suspended ID which was due to my sons old account.. Tried dealing with them, but they were relentless...

Well I renewed today using a diff alternate name and completely different address..

I made a new Paypal Email on my paypal account I have had for almost 10 years......and registered with that when i went to list an item, it had me do the verification stuff.......

Will my account get suspended again???? I mean, it is the same paypal account but different email......my IP this year is also different..

I do have another bank account, but dont have another charge or debit card i could use to register for the pay..

I have listed my auction successfuly and everything is ok so far.. its only been 4 hrs or so since i registered.. Just wondering if there is something i should change before ebay catches on..

thanks in advance for any input!

-Max
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2009

Longevity: 94%

Don't use the same paypal account. They are linked and you will get suspended. New paypal account for new paypal account. Make a new paypal account before those listings end. don't let your customers pay you on that paypal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to siashay For This Useful Post:
maximumrock (02-20-2009)
Old 02-20-2009
Threadstarter  

ok thanks for the reply man!........but what confuses me is that they want a credit/debit card just before it would let me finish listing the item..

so the auction is now live.... i should go make a new paypal with a diff bank acct? wont ebay still want the credit/debit info?

thanks again!
Old 02-20-2009

Longevity: 88%

Heres what happen to me , got suspended on wednesday, because of a jerk buyer. So i set up a new acct this morning, went threw ebay searching for questions and all that looking like im new, everything is different except my pics , have new pics and new folder name, just sure if that did it. But as soon as i listed i had a limited acct. Told me to have them call me. they call and had me put in a code. That still didnt lift it. I had to call a live person so they could give me the third degree, and that still didnt lift it even though they said it would , had to call back again and go threw 3rd degree again, all for a 25 dollar auction. So what am i doing wrong, maybe should use photobucket or one of those sites?
Old 02-20-2009
Threadstarter  

My situation is a bit diff than yours since i went through all that. got the verification phone call and what not..I am now active..

But as for your question, maybe they are tracking u by IP address? Where were u hosting your pics at? on your own domain?? if so, that is likely your problem.. You can try photobucket or imageshack.us i suppose

as for me....My account is up... i am just wondering if my acct will get suspended again.....so waiting to see what else Siashay has to say to me

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-20-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It is probable that the account may go down. The use of the old paypal account has created a link (to the suspended ebay account) AND if you go back to the account to change particulars then there might be problems. Changing details can raise flags especially with a new account. That said all you can do is hope.
Old 02-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
It is probable that the account may go down. The use of the old paypal account has created a link (to the suspended ebay account) AND if you go back to the account to change particulars then there might be problems. Changing details can raise flags especially with a new account. That said all you can do is hope.
ohh ok... someone else mentioned that i should change info before auction ends?? I do have an ebay account thats been open for about a year but never used it.. only reason i didnt use that one today was cuz i was gonna be using that for work soon..

and wanted to use the account i made today, for personal stuff
Old 02-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

I did read sishay's reply. Just added some more info so you do not get too surprised. In that other thread I said that your older account is a bit of luck. Set that up correctly and you are back in the 'beat ebay game'. I do think your old account will have better use of that bank account. But I guess do that when it is time

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-21-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I did read sishay's reply. Just added some more info so you do not get too surprised. In that other thread I said that your older account is a bit of luck. Set that up correctly and you are back in the 'beat ebay game'. I do think your old account will have better use of that bank account. But I guess do that when it is time

ohh ok.... cool.. thanks!. I really would like to have one and just stick with it forever!

I did have one account about 3/4 yrs ago, stay active for about 10 months before it got suspended linking to another account... not sure what happened at that point to cause it to get linked finally.. That account to was attached to same paypal acct and diff new name..much like i did the one today....thx again for reply
Old 02-21-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by siashay View Post
Don't use the same paypal account. They are linked and you will get suspended. New paypal account for new paypal account. Make a new paypal account before those listings end. don't let your customers pay you on that paypal account.

Making a new PayPal account and adding to this Ebay account won't do any good. The Ebay account is already linked and soon will go down.

You need to make completely new accounts (PayPal and Ebay) using the Stealth Book techniques.

In the mean time you can use this account until the inevitable happens.
Old 02-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
Making a new PayPal account and adding to this Ebay account won't do any good. The Ebay account is already linked and soon will go down.

You need to make completely new accounts (PayPal and Ebay) using the Stealth Book techniques.

In the mean time you can use this account until the inevitable happens.
thanks for the reply! yeah, hopefully i can get this one auction done... and then will look into the other ebay account i already have thats a year old which i have never used.....
Old 03-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Ok. the one auction i had a couple weeks back, i ended early do to someone else outside of ebay wanting to pay double then it was listed for...So ending the auction early.....I have since made new paypal acct, thats never been used before....its tied to a new bank acct i made last year in a diff city...

So now. I have something else i want to list tonight. Should i change something on ebay to tie it to the new paypal acct i made? or will that raise any flags.. My auction stayed live for about 5 days before i ended it early.. someone said earlier in this thread that ebay may catch it after auction cuz i tied it to a previously paypal acct......

look for suggestions! thanks
Old 03-08-2009
Threadstarter  

anyone have any suggestion per my previous post??
Old 03-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

OK, recap time:
first listing was pulled early on a NEW account Yes/No?
thinking of listing another item on same account Yes/No?
thinking of changing current info by adding another paypal on same account Yes/No?

I see an account that has a bit too much activity going on for ebay to be happy. Reckon flags might fly. Sure that I mentioned in another post to leave that paypal/bank account for the old account you have. Why hurry? I think you are racing too fast. Let this account 'chill' and chill yourself.
Old 03-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK, recap time:
first listing was pulled early on a NEW account Yes/No?
thinking of listing another item on same account Yes/No?
thinking of changing current info by adding another paypal on same account Yes/No?

I see an account that has a bit too much activity going on for ebay to be happy. Reckon flags might fly. Sure that I mentioned in another post to leave that paypal/bank account for the old account you have. Why hurry? I think you are racing too fast. Let this account 'chill' and chill yourself.
I pulled the listing a few weeks ago on the new acct since i received a nice offer via email for it.....Yes. i am thinking bout listing something this week.... Racing too fast? I haven't been doing anything really.. Was just asking if i should change that paypal info since i never really had an auction close with it before... So far the account is a month old.. It has had one active auction, which which i just said was pulled by myself after it was active for 5 days...

thx for the reply!!
Old 03-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Don't take the huff. Pulling an auction raises flags. Unnecessary for a new account Amending details can raise flags. Unnecessary for a new account. It's your account and my thoughts, that's it. Hoping to help you not lose another account.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-09-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Don't take the huff. Pulling an auction raises flags. Unnecessary for a new account Amending details can raise flags. Unnecessary for a new account. It's your account and my thoughts, that's it. Hoping to help you not lose another account.
Ok cool.. appreciate the insight.....Will leave as is and hope for the best..