EBay Update Seller Standards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-15-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default EBay Update Seller Standards

Ebay has now updated the " Seller Performance Standards" Bla Bla Bla..lol

Dear Michelle,

We're writing to tell you about an important announcement we've made about eBay standards for seller performance. eBay is taking steps to protect the interests of good sellers like you and the consumer's overall experience on eBay.

First of all, we assure you that your current level of performance meets the standards.

Sellers are expected to perform in a manner resulting in a consistently high level of buyer satisfaction. If, over a 90-day period, a seller's interactions with buyers result in greater than a 5% level of buyer dissatisfaction as evidenced by negative/neutral feedback and/or Item Not Received complaints, that seller will be considered in violation of eBay's Seller Non-Performance policy. Note, we're currently not including Detailed Seller Ratings in the enforcement of the policy since they are so new to the marketplace.

Violations of Seller Non-Performance policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Selling fee schedule adjustments
* Loss of PowerSeller status
* Referral to law enforcement

As you know, buyer satisfaction is vital to your continued success -- and the continued success of eBay. We encourage you to follow best practices including prompt delivery, secure packaging, accurate representation of your items, and good communication with your buyers.

Thank you for your continued commitment to eBay. We are confident that enforcing this policy will go a long way to keeping eBay a great place to buy and sell for you and for all our users.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2007

Longevity: 96%

What a crock!!!
They act like they care about customer satisfaction, but how many of us here got suspended with 100% feedback ratings?
Old 08-16-2007

Default here too!

i got suspended with 3000+ feedback and a rating of 100% positive. what a crock. i used to be proud to be an ebay seller. now i feel like a criminal!!!!!!!

check it out user id *edited
Old 08-16-2007

You know I think at the slightest sign of impropriety they throw the baby out with the bathwater. Kind of like cancelling the picnic at the sign of the first ant...
but why not, like lemmings there are thousands more (new ebayers) just waiting to jump off of the cliff.

They run a monopoly and they treat just as such.

likwidate, if you don't mind me asking, what was the lame reason that they gave for running you?
Old 08-16-2007

they got me for being linked to a suspended account. sold a used wallet that turned out to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ according to ebay. even though i got a positive feedback for that sale. i opened the account and listed it right away. they say i have to get that account unsuspended before they will fix my other account. problem is, there is no way to get that account fixed. good old catch22 run about. at this time i am very disgusted with ebay but need it to survive.
Old 08-16-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Damn man, you dont need ebay to survive. You shouldn't think like that
Old 08-17-2007

your probably right mr hanson. just having trouble dealing with change. ebay was good but it's time to start my own website. no more feebay that way!
hate the tought of having to get a "real job" just to cover the bills in the meantime. real job? yuck!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007

Default Seller Performance Standards = All that Good Feedback Ain't Worth Nuthin!

Seller Performance Standards = All that Good Feedback Ain't Worth Nuthin!

First off . . . Holy! Moly! Look what my eBay "screw you seller" message said:

First of all, we assure you that your current level of performance exceeds the standards. Congratulations and thank you.

That's right . . . this eBay seller EXCEEDS their high, though meaningless standards. So when I receive the message throwing my ass off eBay, it will be a little nicer and bit less condescending.

Just when a person thinks that those arrogant reprobates in San Jose can't come up with another degrading high handed scummy scheme, one more rears it's ugly head. It took three times reading that Seller Performance Standards eBay blurb to realize how cynical and underhanded is this policy.

Since 1999, I've been selling and buying on eBay. Most of my selling activity in the past couple or so years have been sporadic. Will sometimes go for several weeks without running an auction. Fact is, the buyers are not there as they were in times past. Also, it seems now that every time I go onto the ebay site, something pisses me off again. Those obnoxious eBay toads come across as patronizing and contemptuous.

It doesn't take much complex math to figure out how these new (so-called) Seller Performance Standards can and will negatively effect small-time eBay sellers. Until now, those of us with some solid positive feedback and perhaps a 99.5% or better overall rating had at least some protection from those time to time screwball or deadbeat buyers. That's gone!

With this Seller Performance Standards swindle, my 2,689 in positive Feedback, built up over the past eight-years gets wiped out by some crap that happens in the next few weeks.

As I see it . . An eBay seller has 19 completed auctions within a 90-day period. Among those is a buyer with a user name of "newbieanalretent" who complains that his item took too long to arrive and at once starts calling me a thief demanding money be retured. This sociopath creep drops a negative FB at once and files a gripe with the suckBay weasels. . . oooops . . . meant to say eBay. Quick figuring shows that with 19 auction sales in the magical 90-day period and this one sour deal makes for a higher than 5 % CUSTOMER DIS-SATISFACTION rating. Down comes the duck! You're busted!

Then comes the nasty-gram from eBay handing out proper punishment per eBay's Seller Performance Standards of which I am in VIOLATION. Of course, the eBay inquisition message will be signed by some standard eBay flunky named Todd or Crystal. Notice that they all have those stupid contrived names?

Either this "updated" Seller Performance Standards thing is more lame garbage from the usual suspect miscreants at eBay or maybe part of a far more sinister plot. It could be a scheme to finally get rid of small time mom and pop sellers.

Whatever the outcome, it is my intention to cut back my selling on eBay. As Mother said, "Never go or stay where you're not wanted.
Old 08-17-2007

Like I said before, if they cared about customer satisfaction why would they shoot from the hip on so many of these suspensions with sellers with 99% and above feedbacks