Paypal prepaid card worth it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Question Paypal prepaid card worth it?

Is it worth it the prepaid card from paypal to hook up to your paypal account or no? I mean this for a legit account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Paypal prepaid card worth it?

Totally upto you. No harm in using them
Old 05-10-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
Is it worth it the prepaid card from paypal to hook up to your paypal account or no? I mean this for a legit account?
I have a genuine paypal account in my name, and have the paypal access card (UK version), US its called prepaid card.

So long as your using it for normal reasons, should be fine.

When I say normal, I mean, not sending payments from your stealth accounts to your legit account - thats asking for trouble.

Only issue I have had is the card failing a handful of times when at checkout (in shops), despite having sufficient balance. Had to resort to using a different bank card. So make sure to keep an alternative in your pocket to avoid embarrassment.
Old 05-10-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Do you really want to take that chance for Paypal to destroy your name? If you're banned from Paypal, you will never be able to use it for selling. I say only use Paypal for buying with your legit info. If I only knew ahead of time that stealth was possible, I would never have used my real info.
Old 05-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Do you really want to take that chance for Paypal to destroy your name? If you're banned from Paypal, you will never be able to use it for selling. I say only use Paypal for buying with your legit info. If I only knew ahead of time that stealth was possible, I would never have used my real info.
Partially good advice - OP, if you have an ebay account as well, avoid selling on that, ever.

Use stealth for selling.
Old 05-11-2016

Longevity: 58%

I have one that i use under my moms name and work address. you can call in and change the address real easy but the name on the paypal acct and paypal prepaid card must match not one thing must be off..

Trust.
Old 05-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
I think if you reread the post, astralman said it is a legit account.

I use mine for off ebay purchases.

Old 05-11-2016
Threadstarter  

I mean't for legit purposes, not stealth. Of course you can't use stealth because the prepaid card ask for a ssn, so c'mon guys read correctly, lol.
Old 05-11-2016

Quote:
I mean't for legit purposes, not stealth. Of course you can't use stealth because the prepaid card ask for a ssn, so c'mon guys read correctly, lol.
As I said, if your going to use it for normal purposes, its great.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 50%

Im guessing you wouldnt be able to use this card for a stealth account right?
Old 05-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik95 View Post
Seems highly unlikely based on the posts above and the way it is verified with real info.

I don't know how the UK PP cards work in terms of ID verification but perhaps other UK owners can clarify for you.
Old 05-13-2016

Quote:
They have offered me the Paypal access card (a lot more elite than the US prepaid card) on my stealth accounts. But its absolutely worthless considering there a caps and limitations on sending / withdrawal limits per year, limits which are so low I would end up hitting it straight away. You wouldnt be able to lift these limits either as the documents you submit wont be reviewed by paypal, but rather the agency that supplies paypal the cards.
Old 05-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
They have offered me the Paypal access card (a lot more elite than the US prepaid card) on my stealth accounts. But its absolutely worthless considering there a caps and limitations on sending / withdrawal limits per year, limits which are so low I would end up hitting it straight away. You wouldnt be able to lift these limits either as the documents you submit wont be reviewed by paypal, but rather the agency that supplies paypal the cards.
It's getting tougher each year, lol sucks to be as an ant.
Old 05-13-2016

Quote:
It's getting tougher each year, lol sucks to be as an ant.
I would of thought its easier as my stealth accounts which are only about 6 months old have been offered it. Just establish trust with Paypal by using your account properly. No funky business.
Old 05-14-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
oh right i havent been offered it yet just wondering if it was possible. How would you go about getting one if offered as they sent the card to your home address which im guessing they think that address would be the address on your paypal account

i only want this so i can use it here and there and use my paypal balance then the money in my bank
Old 05-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
oh right i havent been offered it yet just wondering if it was possible. How would you go about getting one if offered as they sent the card to your home address which im guessing they think that address would be the address on your paypal account

i only want this so i can use it here and there and use my paypal balance then the money in my bank
Stealth accounts do not work for UK
Old 05-14-2016

Quote:

They will send it to the address on Paypal. The spending cap I think is £500 a year, I just didnt think it was worth the hassle. You wont be able to raise this limit without real verification. They carry out a credit check I believe, and because it fails, they send it out with this restricted amount. I also have one from my genuine paypal, and they sent it out completely unrestricted in terms of how much I can spend etc., so clearly credit check passed on that one.