Tips For New Ebay Stealth Heros - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Tips For New Ebay Stealth Heros

Hidiho!

My name is Danny, I'm very Dutch and been a stealth Ebayer for 3 months now.

Being a devoted Catholic and regular chinese food eater I thought; why not share some of my experiences with you all. You don't have to make the mistakes I did right.

The 10 commandments for eBay Stealth; let's go.

Rule nr. 1: THOU SHALT NOT DISPAIR.

Ebay kicked you off? Pick a number. You are finding yourelf in a large pool of sobbing dispair, accompanied by thousands. When you are being kicked off, it hurts. Go get your favorite Ben n Jerries icecream (I picked rocky road for my time of grief) and eat the whole thing in 12 minutes or less. After this thou shalt feel better. (anything with large amounts of chocolate will do too)

Rule nr. 2: THOU SHALT REJOICE

Icecream finished, brainfrosted and asperine at hand. Fabulous, you have gratudated to Rooky stage.
Rejoice in Ebay, because even though you could bomb their headquarters right now, hope is litteraly 72 hours away. There is an tremendous offer of eBay Stealth stores just waiting for you to get back into action.

Rule nr. 3. THOU SHALT NOT ANNOY EBAY

You got kicked off eventhough you have 6000+ positive feedback? (really happens, read some forums) Did Ebay smack you in the face for a reason you don't understand? Unless you had a gigantic store and making a permanent living off off it, in gerneral (does not always apply) don't bother to email Ebay. When I got shunned I was celebarting my wonderful sales in Las Vegas. While my 21 was being busted by another dealer blackjack, this message pops up in my phone.

"Item removed from Ebay: 2300."

If it wasn't for the fact that a 400 pound waitress was standing next to me to suffer the blow, I might not have been able to tell the tale.

Franticly I stormed into my room to email Ebay. Long stuff short: you might as well talk to the hand, cause Ebay don't care.

Reason: there was a strike on in Germany postal services at the time.
1 customer had placed 8 different - seperate - (!) orders over a 2 week period. The customer had to wait too long and gave me 8 times negative feedback.

In the real world, you are actually allowed to make mistakes, but Ebay will chop you head off and will laugh while doing it. Ok I'm calm now.

Bottomline: don't rely on Ebay too much too settle your case.
If the Ebay parameters say 'no good' it's a lost case basically.

Rule #4, THOU SHALT DO RESEARCH

You are now ready to start again. Do not remove any inventory from your attacked account, we will need it again.

You go to Google and type in 'eBay Stealth' which will always prompt you to Aspkin in all cases as a top 3 result. It's becasue they're good.

Here you find a large selection of extremely catholic, law obiding chinese food lovers that sell eBay Stealth stores.Check their feedback and you know exactly what you're dealing with. Go and start a conversation with one that you feel is the most appropriate for you. Get a feel for the response rate and general type of response.

Is the person fast? That important because now you're running out of icecream and need to get back up and running.
Good feedback? Pricing? What payment does he offer (some only accept bitcoin) do they have a website too? Only accepting WesternUnion? not good.

Know your stuff before making any commitment, this should only take a few hours, use common sense. Offer too good to be true? Move on, there's lots on offer.

RULE #5 THOU ARE CERTAINLY GOING TO BUY A STEALTH STORE

Well done, you have made a wise decision, you're at stage 'Novice' my friend. Make a descision what store is applicable for you. Want to get high volume? Get a 1000 items store. Start slow? Get one with only 10 items.
Bare in mind that a 10 item store can take a very long time (obviously) to get a good reputation. Ebay will increase your sales on all accounts over time, but with 10 items this can take well over a year, unless you are doing auction style only.

Things to bare in mind

- All stores on offer still have the 21 day delay on PayPal releasing funds.
Keep some money in your pocket, as you will have to wait for the funds to be released.
- Make sure you pick a store with EVERYTHING VERIFIED. Oh brother is this important!

When you are a novice, you don't want to mess around with paperwork yourself, which is giving you a real chance of some s*cumbag d*ouceb*g low life middle aged overweight smelly sock eating Ok I'm calm now.

Bottomline: the guys here know their stuff, let them handle it. Do not mess around trying to invent the wheel again. The work is already done for you.
Make sure everyting is VERIFIED - PayPal and Ebay.

- IP. Make sure to ONLY use a Dedicated IP adress. Do not ever in any case, I don't care what you grandma says use a random (oftentimes free) IP generator. You IP is being shuffeled and changed everytime you log into you new account. Ebay isnt stupid (in some areas), you will get banned within 3 weeks. DEDICATED IPS ONLY my precious.

Just type in online 'Dedicated IP' - about 12 gazillion search results should come you way. Never pay more than 20 buck a month, you can get them as low as 5 buck. No sweat.

RULE #6 CHECKLISTING THOU SHALT

- Everything verified PayPal and Ebay store?
- IP adress dedicated?
- Did you create a new account on your computer?

Example: do not use your own computer account, create a brand new one on your device. This is for cookies. You can create as many as you want.

Just for good measure, remove ALL cookies/history/all files that contain 'Ebay' Also Ebay TurboLister.

If Ebay picks up that you are using a stealth account but is finding old chocolate chip cookies on your computer, you're toast. But you are using a new account, so you are good. But just for good measure, in case you do login to your old account, remove all just to be sure.

RULE#6 CHILLING THOU SHALT

When you get your new account, you want to spend the next 48 hours with blood drenched eyes posting as much of you stuff as you can.

Don't my lovelies.

- The 1st item you post is a LOW RISK item. A book, eyeliner , a used toiletrole.

Ebay will manually check your first item. If you start off by putting your band new Iphone in the box new with tags, you're out. No high priced item, no well known brands, no phones or any electronics for that matter. Make it used and make a real picture of it. Do not snatch something off Google, even that Ebay can tell sometimes.

Write the description of your item like a 5 year old. The sillier the better.
Don't try to come across as a multinational doing business in 5 continents.

You are Betty McWaffles and just want to sell your petrock for 5 bucks.

Sell it or don't, it doesnt matter. The point is that Ebay will establish you geolocation and browsing history for the first days.

Therefore you also are going to browse the first day at least.
Make Ebay known that you are highly interested in melon cutters, leather briefcases and that used toupet born by Dr Dré.

Point: browse the first day for anything low risk. Ebay needs to get new cookies from you in order to know what you are interested in.

RULE#7 there is no rule #7

RULE #8 THOU SHALT SPREAD RISK

You're taking it slow, weither youre back up as a professional seller or occasional one.

If you want to push a lot of good (I sell over 5000 item at this point) you do NOT put everything in 1 store.
Spread the risk! Ow yes, spread em!

Put 300 items (depending on your needs) in one store, and 200 in another.
Yes, it does take an investment, but it's woth it. God forbid you get banned again, at least you have that other store going.

- TIPSY 1: something I did not know; cancelling a transacton for whatever reason counts heavily towards you grading.

I have to say without joking, Ebay's regulations are extremely tight. Error are being dealt with like....I can't think of a funny methaphore right now, but it's not pretty.

- TIPSY 2: sometimes you do get negative feedback, it happens to us all.
Solution: send an email that is dripping with apologies, sorrow and more apologies. And offer 2 buck if they are willing to chage the feedback. Works every time. You send them the Ebay form 'request feedback change' (you should be able to find it within the Ebay library within 60 minutes of searching) and send it to you for ever gratefull buyer.

TIPSY 3: When withdrawing funds from you account, always leave 10%.
God knows why (probably because they make interest on funds) but PayPal does not like it if you withdraw all of your funds 100% all of the time. Leave about 10% in your account at all times. This is also usefull for you, because you may have to repay a customer during you 21 days holding period and for many other reasons.

RULE #9 & 10: HAVE FUN!!

Your gloomy days are over, you are back in the saddle and you have wholehardedly forgiven Ebay for their lousy, moronic, low life, Ok im calm now. You have gratuted to 'super pro ebay-in-your-face dude'

You can be back in action with 3 days. No problem at all.

So buckle up, get to work and contact one of these highly professional good looking guys here for a store today.

Happy selling!!!

Last edited by aspkin; 05-20-2016 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danielemmen112 For This Useful Post:
bogafufla (05-25-2016), helpme1 (05-25-2016), Themav (05-20-2016), wayamber (08-29-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Tips For New Ebay Stealth Heros

Great post,couple of questions.
What would you recommend shop wise to get up and running as a pro seller asap??
What do you mean any cancellations for any reason count badly against you?I thought it was only out of stock ones?
Thanks
Old 05-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Wow, someone had a lot of time on their hands. I laughed both times you said "regular chinese food eater."

@bigdave - you are right about the cancellations. If cancelled at the buyers request, no harm is done.
Old 05-20-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Nice! I like it.
Old 05-20-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

Thanks phaz thought that but find out new stuff every day.
Old 05-20-2016

Longevity: 66%

Great read - enjoyable !
Old 05-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
Great post,couple of questions.
What would you recommend shop wise to get up and running as a pro seller asap??
What do you mean any cancellations for any reason count badly against you?I thought it was only out of stock ones?
Thanks
No problem

Start with anything low risk. I started out with cosmetics. Sells extremely fast with some reasonable profits too. This only applies for the FIRST ad you place. This will be checked manually, After 48 hours you're good. Still, don't place high risk stuff untill you have estalblished a good reputation.
Books are also good, coins sell fast, collecatbles are low risk.

If you cancel a transaction in PayPal for being 'out of stock' this counts very heavily towards your negative side of selling, you can;t have that, stealth or regular user. I found this out recently and Im still repairing the damage.
If you want to cancel a transaction, go outside of PayPal and send the custmer a private message, Do not ever cancel through PayPal.

Hope that helps ! God Bless
Old 05-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Wow, someone had a lot of time on their hands. I laughed both times you said "regular chinese food eater."

@bigdave - you are right about the cancellations. If cancelled at the buyers request, no harm is done.
Thank you so much, I appreciate that!
Yes, cancellations from you as a buyer is shockingly bad apparently.
I had to do it 3 times within 500 item sales and I was very close to getting 'below average' on my account. I had to post a bunch of auctions to straighten this out.

Thank you! Danny
Old 05-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themav View Post
Great read - enjoyable !

Thank you very much, appreciate it
Old 05-20-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

OMG, that's why I got suspended, I honestly didn't know either and the only reason why I canceled was because after the auction ended the people would not pay and i did message them and message them causing me to lose the bidder below them because they already bought one. So I put it was my fault just in case they decided to pay a week later or whenever they saw fit and I happened to be out of it because my items need to go, they have an expiration date, besides that, I want the money.

Last edited by foolishheart; 05-20-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielemmen112 View Post
No problem

Start with anything low risk. I started out with cosmetics. Sells extremely fast with some reasonable profits too. This only applies for the FIRST ad you place. This will be checked manually, After 48 hours you're good. Still, don't place high risk stuff untill you have estalblished a good reputation.

If you cancel a transaction in PayPal for being 'out of stock' this counts very heavily towards your negative side of selling, you can;t have that, stealth or regular user. I found this out recently and Im still repairing the damage.
If you want to cancel a transaction, go outside of PayPal and send the custmer a private message, Do not ever cancel through PayPal.

So how do you cancel outside of Paypal, and I don't mean like canceling, I'm talking like a refund if somebody had a problem?
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielemmen112 View Post
No problem

Be careful about how you advise fellow stealthers. I hope you don't take this offensively, but much of what you said in this post is incorrect.

Cosmetics are one of the most highly scrutinized categories on Ebay because 95% of the cosmetics on Ebay are counterfeit. I have successfully started accounts with makeup before, but I've also had accounts shut down for starting out with makeup. Ideally you want your first couple of listings to be something that IS NOT commonly counterfeited.

I also don't know what you mean by "cancel through Paypal." Cancelling transactions hurts your EBAY metrics when you cancel for being out of stock. If the buyer requests cancellation and when cancelling you select "the buyer requested, or there is a problem with the buyers address", no harm is done to your account. Your metrics only take a hit if the seller is at fault for the cancellation, and the buyer did not want to cancel. I don't know of any way to cancel a transaction in Paypal, other than just sending the customer a refund. But if you refund the buyer in Paypal without cancelling the order in Ebay, your Ebay metrics will suffer.