Bringing an old account back from the dead.... 'no preset selling limits' - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Bringing an old account back from the dead.... 'no preset selling limits'

I called in to check on an old account, and found it to be in good standing, with no preset limits given its 16 years old, and according to the csr was set up before there were limits.

I only sold 1 item recently, but have over 200k lifetime sales.

Is it ok to just go in-it to win it and start with a couple thousand of items, until they set a limit or notify me otherwise?

My other account is limited, I'm bringing an old, surprisingly not linked in any way account with long standing history back to life.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-20-2016 at 10:14 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Bringing an old account back from the dead.... 'no preset selling limits'

I wouldnt rush things.
Start as if its new to selling (which in essence it is) and ;et it grow from there.
And make sure it doesnt get linked to the limited account you mentioned.
Old 05-20-2016
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Bringing an old account back from the dead.... 'no preset selling limits'

A 16 year old account with no present limits is a stealther's dream. Please don't blow it selling tons of high risk items if you have not sold anything for a long time.
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

My average item is only $50... so it won't be the type of item or price that gets me in trouble.... it's more the item count I meed to watch

In theory, even if it does need receipts, I have them... if it needs docs, I just got my license renewed to that address, whatever it needs I should be able to get myself out of... so long as it's not linked to my newer account.
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What about paypal?

What is happening there?

Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

For some reason there is no paypal tied to the account anymore, it is asking me to link a paypal and 'get started', and to add an automatic payment method to pay fees.

I created a paypal with my actual info... name and address matching that account, and renewed my drivers license to that old address incase i need to show proof of address.

I have not 'linked' them yet. Waiting on new bank account and debit card to put on file.

As of now.. I assume there is no link to my other acct at all, as my account is still above standard in all respects.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-21-2016 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Then the age of the ebay account matters little.

Your paypal is too new. It has to earn trust before being of benefit.

You may find you start from scratch with limits.

Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed08 View Post
My other account is limited, I'm bringing an old, surprisingly not linked in any way account with long standing history back to life.
Certain there are no links to the other limited account?

GB is correct about the paypal age so the "newness" of the paypal comes into play.
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

This is why I've been hesitant to add a new account before getting all of the information. Would it be better to use one of the email addresses linked to the old PayPal? And just ride it out for a few months until it gets manually reviewed?

As of now there are no limits, and I have sold one item, that stupidly went to the old connected PayPal. It doesn't seem to have linked, and the money from the new sale was not held like my other money was. That one sale did not create a permanantly linked paypal, as my eBay isn't limited, and it's still asking me to add a permanant paypal account.

The paypal email address was what I used to use all the time... they just un-linked somehow on their own after not being used for 2+ years. Given it could be manually reviewed and find a small link anyway, maybe I should just go back to that old paypal email address?

Last edited by stressed08; 05-21-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Man alive...

You are pushing stealth boundaries.

Settle down and pay more attention to the risks of linking accounts.

Just because it is still up, does not mean there may yet be a risk.

Please, please, proceed with more caution.

Best Wishes.

Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

I am... .this isn't stealth, this is an account I happen to have. I logged in and sold something before I ever found this site, knew linking, knew stealth.,

With that in mind... is it best to add an all new paypal, or use the additional paypal that will link me? I need to at least try to use this old account. I do not have time to screw with selling 5 items a month for several months.. I have bills to pay.

Besides, the old account shows promise if I can pull it off. Different names, addresses, dob, ssn, diff everything. And purchasing an all new device and isp to avoid mixing cookies

Last edited by stressed08; 05-21-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

In any case, I've asked these questions 50 different ways, nobody has given a clear answer, or answer at all. I bought and read Stealth Book, and read 50 pages deep into each forum section. Nobody has had quite my situation, or been able to answer what best to do. I know it's not *ideal* stealth, it's actually not stealth at all... It's my account. which is why I will be building a stealth in addition. I just need to get this old, well built, account ( or my limited account) back running to 50% what it was. Combined.

If it lasts 90 days cool.... That's more than I'll make in 9-12 months stealth. I'll blow it out in 90 days.... And build stealth up the most I can in the meanwhile.

Mind you again, this is my legit info, if I get in to it to far I can always call in with my legit info, supporting docs, bank account, receipts, whatever. I'm a real business seller just got screwed with returns.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-21-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

There's no definite answer, the account may already be linked to your suspended account, it sometimes takes minutes to months for the system to catch on.

Because it was not in use for years could be why it hasn't been suspended as result of a link.

That one sale you made with the old PayPal could of already started a clock on your account, but there's no way to be certain.

If the old PayPal was linked to a suspended eBay than I'd create a new PayPal account to connect with this eBay.

This is not a great situation and there is no time limit that can be given to you,

Also when using a new PayPal account u don't want to go to fast all at once

Just sell on this account and create new accounts, hopefully u can get 90 days or way more while u build more accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
stressed08 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the detailed post! I'm not suspended, I'm limited if that makes any difference. eBay actually told me it's fine to sell on my other account, not that it matters if it gets linked and shut down.
Old 05-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Get such "help" from ebay staff in writing.

Their spoken word too often differs from what becomes fact.
Old 05-22-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

Along the same lines really,an old paypal account that was limited four or five years ago and no info requested was submitted,would it be possible to get reinstated do you think?
Account was limited when ebay got MC'd,but not used since.Account owner moved to Europe just after it happened and is coming back to the UK in June and asked about using it?
Old 05-24-2016
Threadstarter  

^ totally different situation might want to make your own thread for best help

As for my situation.... would 50 items listed the first month be a big red flag? I know there's no right answer... but when you say start slow do you mean 5 items? 25? 50? The average item price will be between $25 and $65, used home items, nothing above $80 to start.
Old 05-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

25 items first two weeks. See how they move, then increase slowly as you get a grasp of how the account is going.

Be careful of the totals held in the paypal though.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
stressed08 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Like everyone else said, ebay is not going to be a problem most likely, it will be the fresh paypal.

It is very easy to get into the trap of listing a bunch of items, sell a couple thousand in a month and then have it limited with Photo ID and invoices and sometimes SS. Then after you submit everything get tax limited.

It may be better to start slow and spread sales across multiple accounts and see how this account goes.

Wish you luck!
Old 05-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks!!! This one is my real account, all docs match and are actual, and I have boxes and boxes of actual receipts. They'd have a heart attack if I faxed them all lol! I can be the eBay equivalent of the guy that pays his speeding tickets with pennies.

25 items every two weeks is very close to what I do anyway, so that shouldn't be too bad, either. Sometimes I forget people try to list hundreds. I rately have more than 100 items at one time even at my busiest times