Paypal changed my billing zipcode for debit mastercard? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-25-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Paypal changed my billing zipcode for debit mastercard?

Weird experience at the gas pump today, I entered my zip on file two times, the one I always enter, and it didn't work. On my third attempt, I entered another zip, and it worked.

I recently moved, and have been having some stuff shipped to a new zip code... That's the zip I entered and it approved. Very weird paypal knew I moved, and assumed that's the address I am living at to change my billing zipcode without my permission.

Not only that, but I received confirmation email that it authorized my card three separate times for the standard $1 each... All separate transaction numbers at the same time (all 5:16), despite only swiping the card one time. It's as if both failed attempts went through, as did the incorrect (correct?) zip. So it's like it recognized both numbers. Almost like trying to confirm my information through the gas pump, as crazy as that sounds.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-25-2016 at 07:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Thumbs down Re: Paypal changed my billing zipcode for debit mastercard?

Why would paypal change my billing zip code and address? Without any change of address on my end, or information request on theirs? Sorry, to clarify, this is on a real info, actual account... I have a debit card I can swipe at gas pumps to spend my paypal balance. I understand you stealth guys don't...so it may be out of your expertise. The interesting thing was it continued business as usual, letting me buy gas and go about my day acquiring inventory. So why the forced change of address?

This obviously also has application to stealth guys that want to purchase items, and send to a real address. The question is why it happened. Paypal put together a pattern after a month of shipping to a new address. And changed it on my behalf.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-25-2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-26-2016

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Paypal changed my billing zipcode for debit mastercard?

New address stuff shipped without adding new address to paypal? Paypal debit card requires ssn so if you moved they can have access to credit report. Under debit card settings is new address anywhere?
Old 05-26-2016
Threadstarter  

PayPal locked me out all together today. Couldn't use debit card at pump, couldn't withdraw cash from the ATM

I hesitantly called.... They were actually really nice and confirmed something really weird happened, when it authorized my card three times. Also had no idea why it didn't recognize my correct zip code when it was entered. Nor why it approved the incorrect zip on the third try and let me keep spending for the next two hours using that incorrect zip.

They were able to unlock my card and account without me providing any address or documentation at all.... so no idea what happened but all is good

One thing this ordeal taught me, is my actual social is on file afterall, since it confirmed by my last 4. I guess I will need an EIN for the new setup afterall, so it was a blessing in disguise. I would have been linked fairly quickly!

Last edited by stressed08; 05-26-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Update: After working yesterday, I was locked out again today at the worst time! Called again, she did confirm that it was confusing my zip code on file with the zip code I was having packages sent to. I knew I wasn't crazy! She updated everything to the new address as it was the easiest way to fix the discrepancies. I didn't want to change it... But having packages sent to the new zip triggered all this.

The only place I entered the different shipping address was on eBay, but paypal is watching and sensed a pattern. If I was stealth id be linked....

Last edited by stressed08; 05-27-2016 at 10:23 AM.