Suspended - Trying to sort out - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Suspended - Trying to sort out - "FPA Notice . . . Abusing ebay"

I followed the directions and got back on ebay for about two weeks. No feedback was given yet, but I had $1400 in sales. I had about 20 - 30 active listings. I had a bidder retract/cancel a bid about 3 hours before my suspension. (It was a wholesale lot of toys and she wanted a mix of more variety x then y. May have complained or stated in retraction that header was misleading just a guess.) There was no suspension explanation and no reference to previous accounts.

Here is the Notice I got:

FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - Abusing eBay

Dear blank,

Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

--------------
Any ideas what caused this? I am waiting to hear back from ebay to relist so I do not screw up. I also had a former fast moving item with a 3 5 and 7 day listing. Did that hurt?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2007
Threadstarter  

Some additional items, i use a Verizion wireless card so my ip is always changing. Also, I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone #.
Old 08-20-2007

What a bunch of crap!!!
I wish there was some way we all could just walk away from eBay.
Unfortunately, they just boot you off without explanation.

I have always followed their rules (except for VeRO, before I knew everything). In the past 2-3 years under 3 different accounts, first one got hijacked and they did nothing about it, second one got banned for VeRo violations and the third just got banned for being associated with the second one which has been dead for a year.
This arbitrary banning crap is really starting to piss me off to the point of setting up accounts every month and sticking them with the bill, until they find another way to prevent that.
I just want to get back on and make a nice suplemental income by selling honest goods to people without EB crapping on me and shutting me down and offering no proof of why.
Old 08-20-2007
Threadstarter  

Here is the e-mail eBay sent my customers:

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (eBay Security Center: FAQ - Item Not Received Process)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (eBay - Page Not Found.
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: Purchase Protection Programs - PayPal. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Old 08-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoebay View Post
Here is the e-mail eBay sent my customers:

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Privacy concerns my A$$, they don't want to tip their hand as to their suspension policies. Probably because they can't go on record about what the policies are because they don't even know and they are changing every minute. The totally contradict themselves and selectively enforce their policies.

Of course there will be no response if you reply to this email, just like every other contact you try to make with ebay. Try to get an account back that has been hijacked sometime.

The only time they contact you is to tell you that you are gone and then after you appeal it and they shoot you down without even reading it they will send you a follow-up email asking your experience with ebay customer service
Old 08-20-2007
Threadstarter  

This is so irritating. I had some guy offering to buy off ebay. I heard him out (via e-mail) and told him to bid. I wonder if listening to an off ebay overture got we wacked. I also let a buyer use my google checkout account. We communicated outside of ebay, but could they detect a cookie?

What a sham.

My last account got shut down after 3 bad feedbacks but 120 in a row positive.

The only thing I used the same was the city. I wonder if they did not pick up the mailing address I typed on the invoices each time.

Is it ok to get back on tomorrow? Or do I need to let things cool?
Old 08-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoebay View Post
This is so irritating. I had some guy offering to buy off ebay. I heard him out (via e-mail) and told him to bid. I wonder if listening to an off ebay overture got we wacked. I also let a buyer use my google checkout account. We communicated outside of ebay, but could they detect a cookie?

What a sham.

My last account got shut down after 3 bad feedbacks but 120 in a row positive.

The only thing I used the same was the city. I wonder if they did not pick up the mailing address I typed on the invoices each time.

Is it ok to get back on tomorrow? Or do I need to let things cool?
My advice (and I am no expert...yet) is to get back in, but have no similarities in any of your registration info...especially similar emails.
If they clobber you again, then wait a little while and do a lot of reading here to assure you get back on and stay on...at least for a while.

I guess just like people that own real store have to plan for (and expect) some shoplifting, setting up new EB accounts to have waiting in the wings and losing FB is a cost that we have to bear if we want to do business on EB>
Old 08-21-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It could be a number of reasons why your new account was suspended after two weeks. I recommend just reading through the eBay suspensions guide and getting started with a new account.
Old 08-21-2007

Longevity: 97%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Privacy concerns my A$$, they don't want to tip their hand as to their suspension policies. Probably because they can't go on record about what the policies are because they don't even know and they are changing every minute. The totally contradict themselves and selectively enforce their policies.
Fact is ...the employees at eBay do not actually do the suspending. The Computer Security System they use weighs a ton of information about your account and activities and when it goes in the red ...the flag goes up and you get suspended. The security system does not specify what or why...so no one @ eBay can tell you the reasons. They just do as the computer system tells them too...thats the depth of their understanding.

The guide for getting back on eBay here at Aspkin is very informative and good ...you can also learn a lot more from the ebook eBay Replay I know eBooks get alot of slack...but I used it and have had no problems since getting back on. You know what they say "Knowledge is power". Get all you can get!!