Legal long term solution for PayPal ban in Turkey - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Question Legal long term solution for PayPal ban in Turkey

Hello guys,

As most of you might already know PayPal operations have been halted for two weeks in Turkey because financial regulator of the country claims that the requirements of keep PayPal running are not met.I have seen that you already discussed in some topics if there could be a way for any sort of work around to deal with the situation however as far as i seen, there is no permanent solution for now.

I am searching for a long term success solution, not a quick trick to save the day but live with a fear each day if my account got limited or not.I have one old ebay account and i don't look for a way to use multiple ebay accounts or have wish for that since i am very well reputed with this account and has tons of feedback.

With this account i was making 10000-15000$ turnover per month.Now what i want is keep using this account or not at all. How can i make this come true ?

Establishing LLC or Corportation in US through a service like stripe/atlas or any other alternative will work ? Having a company and tax id in Dalaware will be enough to register business PayPal account in US and fully verified ? And use this account through VDS / Remote Desktop ?
I can't relocate in another country because i have to operate the business myself in Turkey.I need legal long term solution to use PayPal through another country. I have heard also register a business in HK can be an alternative way for that but to open a bank account in HK, shall we need to go to HK in person ?

I not avoid any expenses to make this work as how been, your suggestions and help will be highly appreciated since we are all ruined for two weeks.

Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to orient For This Useful Post:
brlk (06-20-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2016

Default Re: Legal long term solution for PayPal ban in Turkey

Thank you so much orient for the thread. You've summarized the topic well. We are on the same boat. My turnover, too, was around 10K, and I was earning a living with ebay business. And for 2 weeks, there is no sale!

I'm sure about that you are not the only one trying to find the answers of these questions. Let's wait for the experienced members to guide us, and then we can discuss about how to move.
The Following User Says Thank You to brlk For This Useful Post:
orient (06-20-2016)
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

The only problem or obstacle I see with Operating an Account in the US is the Bank portion. Using a Payment Processor other than PayPal will be slow and difficult. People trust PayPal and are only willing to use that as a Payment option....and I mean the Majority of people but not all.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by orient View Post
I need legal long term solution to use PayPal through another country. I have heard also register a business in HK can be an alternative way for that but to open a bank account in HK, shall we need to go to HK in person
You basically stated the issue there - you need access to the country IP (not hard to do these days with VPS/VPN) but for WITHDRAWAL, you need bank or credit card (some paypals allow this based on country)
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

orient and blk,

Although there are issues at the moment with the regulators, the Turkish banking system itself has quite a number of banks that may be of benefit to you if you decide to trade on ebay US.

If either of you are based in Istanbul or Ankara, the international banks have branches you could visit in person to open accounts.

May I also suggest, at this point, not going to the expense of using USA based companies to open business accounts? You are going to pay too much.

I will post up the foreign banks thay might be possible to use AFTER I check their status.

Correctly approached you both may be able to see a way around this issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
brlk (06-20-2016), orient (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
orient and blk,

Although there are issues at the moment with the regulators, the Turkish banking system itself has quite a number of banks that may be of benefit to you if you decide to trade on ebay US.

If either of you are based in Istanbul or Ankara, the international banks have branches you could visit in person to open accounts.

May I also suggest, at this point, not going to the expense of using USA based companies to open business accounts? You are going to pay too much.

I will post up the foreign banks thay might be possible to use AFTER I check their status.

Correctly approached you both may be able to see a way around this issue.
thank you very much for your answer.

I am not permanently based in Istanbul however visit often so going there is not an issue for me.

However the problem is not having bank account only.I can open bank account in Germany or Georgia as well on my name but we are stucked when PayPal asks for documents such as SSN, address confirmation, EIN, ITIN etc in all countries, only the document names are called differently in each country.

Last edited by orient; 06-20-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

orient,

With careful planing, you should be able to deal with these issues.

At this point, I am working on the fact of the accounts being used by both you & brlk as "real" not stealth accounts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
brlk (06-20-2016), orient (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016

Yes dear GreenBean. The accounts must be real, so we can feel safe even if paypal restricts the account.

I also think about creating foreign paypal accounts with the names of my friends living abroad (can be called semi-stealth? , but I don't feel it safe for my friends if they get into trouble with tax issues.

Thank you again for your guidance.
Old 06-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Whilst GreenBean helps you, very nice of her! -

If I am correct, ebay still works in Turkey? So what are other ebay members in Turkey accepting as payment method as of this moment?

I have a feeling you guys might have a new payment processor other than PayPal to fill in the void.
Old 06-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlk View Post
Yes dear GreenBean. The accounts must be real, so we can feel safe even if paypal restricts the account.

I also think about creating foreign paypal accounts with the names of my friends living abroad (can be called semi-stealth? , but I don't feel it safe for my friends if they get into trouble with tax issues.

Thank you again for your guidance.
My main advice would be to totally avoid "friends" and business.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
orient (06-20-2016)
Old 06-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Whilst GreenBean helps you, very nice of her! -

If I am correct, ebay still works in Turkey? So what are other ebay members in Turkey accepting as payment method as of this moment?

I have a feeling you guys might have a new payment processor other than PayPal to fill in the void.
Now none is able to buy from eBay in Turkey unless the seller accepts direct credit card through merchant services but not PayPal.

Some sellers from Turkey are still able to sell and accept PayPal through PayPal account of their friends or relatives who lives in abroad but it is very possible they will cause their friends/relatives having very serious tax problems soon in the countries they living in.In Germany many people got penalised for example just because failed to explain the source of the income and not declare income to the Finanzamt (Ministry of Finance)