Question about my Unverified PayPal Business account limits? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-01-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Question about my Unverified PayPal Business account limits?

Hello,

I'm new here and I have some questions, I hope its ok to ask. I've searched the forum but cannot find an answer to my specific situation. Forgive me for my newbie-ness lol.

Ok so I have a new PayPal business account. I don't have a bank account at the moment, due to having misplace important documents (ID, bc and ss card). I am in the process of looking for them.

My account is maybe 2-3 months old. I have 2 card linked in my real name and my SS#. I'm afraid to sell anything, because I fear that PayPal will limit my account for not linking a bank account.

In my business, I sell hand made realistic dolls (reborn dolls) which are expensive, and payments come in almost daily. I have a close friend who offered to have the payments sent to her and she has been sending them to me as "friends/family", but lately I've just been having her hold it because I'm afraid of PayPal catching on. My friend is verified, but I do still fear for her account as well and don't want her in a bad spot.

Can someone please tell me what my limits are for an unverified business account? and if PayPal will limit my account if I keep receiving the friends/family payments? I can't seem to find my account limits anywhere.

If I were to start selling on eBay, I know there will be a hold, but will they limit my account once the money starts coming in?

Is my account any safer with the cards and SS# attached than nothing at all? Would I be safer by just accepting the goods/services payments to my account and not the "gift" payments?

Would a VBA work for me? If so I would really like to purchase one, asap!

I'm just a stay at home mom and trying to make it by with my small business. I'm not doing anything illegal or crazy, all physical items with tracking.

I'm so sorry for all of the questions, and I really appreciate any advice or information you have to give.

Thank you,

Sara

I
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2016

Default Re: Question about my Unverified PayPal Business account limits?

To my experience less info like SS# And stuff you add less trouble you will encounter. In my opinion there should be no problem If you're not doing anything fishy and you dont link your bank. And vba work. I purchased one from someone here few days ago and so far i had no problem. But i dont think you will need it since your paypal is not really stealth, You can't withdraw money in ti anyway so it will be useless. Just cards you've linked should be fine.
And if ever you got limited, you just contact them and tell them whats up and they will lift your limit. paypal reps are very helpful with females (experience)
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Sistermoon For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much for your reply!

So far I've been ok, but have been receiving friend/family more than selling, but want to change that.

The babies I sell go for anywhere from $200 up to $500 each, so that is where my concern comes in, if I start selling from 0 to hundreds they will shut my ass down lol!

I've been trying to buy a VBA for the last few days, reaching out to sellers, but so far no response. Hopefully someone will contact me soon!
Old 07-03-2016

Longevity: 64%

Having 2 out of 3 verified (Bank, SSN, card) is a good start. But still, it's a good idea to go ahead and add and verify a bank too. You can open a bank account online at many banks without having to send in documents - just as long as you're a US citizen and don't have anything special on your credit report that would cause further review (like a fraud alert). If you still have difficulties opening a real bank account, then I would get a VBA immediately. It's pretty cheap to buy one, and then you'd have all 3 boxes checked. An account can't get any stronger than that.

But since this is your real account you should be very careful. If it gets permanently limited then there's no going back. You would be able to restart with a stealth account, but you'd never be able to use your SSN again, which takes away certain luxuries like being able to use Paypal's debit card.

One thing you should stop immediately is receiving too many friends/family payments. Eventually Paypal will limit you and ask questions and that's something you want to avoid. You want to get your bank account situation settled ASAP because you'll be able to have next day bank transfers once your account has some history.
Old 07-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply!

I definitely agree with the friends/family payments. I have stopped those and will continue to do so.

I've tried looking up banks online, do you know of any specifically that would let me open an account without uploading documents?

I'm still trying to find a seller to buy a VBA, still no replies unfortunately.

I know I do need to be careful, since they have my SSN, but I'm only selling my dolls and haven't been purchasing anything sketchy either. I'll be very careful from now on. I'm terrified of losing my account. I just want to do this right so I can get my business going.

If anyone else has any input about where I could find an online bank account OR a trusted seller who will sell me a VBA I would be very grateful!!

Sara
Old 07-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyMaker View Post
Thanks so much for your reply!

So far I've been ok, but have been receiving friend/family more than selling, but want to change that.

The babies I sell go for anywhere from $200 up to $500 each, so that is where my concern comes in, if I start selling from 0 to hundreds they will shut my ass down lol!

I've been trying to buy a VBA for the last few days, reaching out to sellers, but so far no response. Hopefully someone will contact me soon!
Are they like silicone dolls? 500 for each sounds like it.
Old 07-05-2016
MU

If you can't open a bank acct. cause you have bad credit Wells Fargo has checking accounts called opportunity checking, it's a second chance checking account for those who have been unable to open a checking account due to their prior credit or banking history.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackery For This Useful Post:
Sistermoon (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistermoon View Post
Are they like silicone dolls? 500 for each sounds like it.
The babies I make are vinyl reborns, similar to the popular silicones but MUCH less expensive. Here is one of my most recent babies (not like anyone here cares or anything LOL) but in case anyone is confused about what I do.

Each baby starts off as unpainted vinyl parts, and I try to make them look as real as I can.

Ok back on topic lol! So the issue I'm having is that my important documents are together and misplaced. If I can either purchase a VBA from a trusted member here, or if there is online checking that will work with PayPal and not require me faxing documents, I would definitely like to consider it. But I know its more difficult now with the online banks getting blacklisted if they are that simple to create. However I do have my real SSN and I will be using my real info. My PayPal account is not stealth, I am actually trying to avoid having to make a stealth account in the future!

Last edited by TheBabyMaker; 07-05-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: had to fix the photo link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBabyMaker For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-16-2016), RosieTosie (07-17-2016), rsot (07-17-2016)
Old 07-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

TBM!

I love these. There is so much work put into their creation by the artist to get the final outcome.

Thank you for the photo.

bit clucky now GB!

TheBabyMaker (07-17-2016)
Old 07-16-2016

Longevity: 47%

I would agree with the above comments.

1. Do not take payments from family/friends
2. Try your best to add a real bank account because you already gave paypal your ss

The worst that can happen is paypal asks you to verify a few things and since its not stealth and in your name, it'll be easy to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubaida For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
TBM!

I love these. There is so much work put into their creation by the artist to get the final outcome.

Thank you for the photo.

bit clucky now GB!

Thank you so much GreenBean!! I didn't see this until now!! :D

And also to Ubaida (I'm not sure how to quote 2 posters in one reply)

Thank you for your reply!

I will certainly not be taking anymore friends/family payments! Well, that's IF I can get my account restored, because as of now I am limited and most likely because of those FF payments :( I hadn't taken any for weeks and got my account verified, but I know sometimes these things take time and don't come up right away.
Old 07-17-2016

Longevity: 55%

Hey Baby Maker that is a super reborn doll!, I know exactly what you mean about them. I have a bag of parts for them that I bought quite cheaply online when I was thinking of getting into making them last year, before I realised how much effort goes into creating them and how difficult it can be to get enough people interested in buying them.

I guess there is a much bigger market for them in America than over here in the UK, I got some of the paints for them and hair and eyes. Great to see someone on this forum who is as accomplished at making them as you obviously are.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you RosieTosie!

There is an entire community of people who are into these dolls and I never knew about this little hidden world until I went searching for info about reborns. And there are many people from the UK who are part of the reborn community as well!

I started out just as you did about a year ago, bought a bunch of stuff and wasn't sure how it would go, and I just went for it. I sucked big time for a couple months but I kept going and didn't stop, and now I can't imagine myself doing anything else, I truly love it!!

I have a Facebook page I just created called where I have photos of my work. If you ever feel like giving it try and have any questions feel free to contact me if you'd like!

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 11-21-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

How much do babies sell for? Very scary how real they look. Never seen one til now.
Old 07-22-2016

Longevity: 55%

These babies sell for hundreds of £'s or $'s if they are the real expertly made deal! They are very complicated to make to the standard in that previous photo. There are easier ways to create them but they don't sell for as much, and make no mistake, the buyers prepared to pay good money can tell by looking at the pics exactly how they have been made and won't even bother to bid on them. The best ones will have many bids on them, pushing the price up to not far from £1,000!