"We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now." Never Had This Before? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-05-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default "We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now." Never Had This Before?

Hi there, I tried to make a first order via Paypal on a well known Chinese electronics e-tailer, originally it said "we need to check it's you, we'll call your phone number and give you a four digit PIN"....but I noticed it had my old phone number.

Updated the number to a mobile number under Home (phone number) on my Profile.

Now when I try to make a payment I get the error message "We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now. Return to merchant and try a different payment method."

The account is about ten years old, verified, has a CC linked, good balance, fully available, no limits to my knowledge (Paypal Premier account).

Ebay and other purchases still seem to work fine.

I did get hacked a few weeks ago (a weird purchase made from the Middle East for around $500 but I managed to get it refunded and spotted the transaction within 24 hours). I made sure my computer is clean before attempting any further online banking/payment activity.

Wonder if foreign transactions are causing some sort of flag as a precaution (payment is around £300), though it looked as though it would go through OK before the phone number verification popped up at Checkout?

No VPN has been used, I'm in the UK, was (trying to) use Paypal Balance.

Is there any way around this?

Last edited by patrice; 07-05-2016 at 08:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2016

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: "We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now." Never Had This Before?

Could be anything, not sure the uk,

But it can be you're receiving money too fast, and sending money too fast.
It could simply be a small review on your account
You could have open cases on PayPal pending PayPal review.

A huge number of reasons, some are just too stupid, but PayPal fears for the worst and has zero trust for users in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to mophie For This Useful Post:
patrice (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: "We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now." Never Had This Before?

Could be an issue with the seller's paypal - difficult to say for sure. You might have to try in a few hours or perhaps different browser.

Paypal can be glitchy at times...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
patrice (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies No pending Cases on Paypal. I tried the Chinese e-tailer a few nights ago (when I originally changed the verification phone number on Paypal) and it came up with the same error. Thought leaving it a few days might fix it, but it's still the same.

No unusual spending too fast/receiving too fast happening.

I know this particular error is a bit of a mystery, from reading around, nobody really knows what causes it.

Last edited by patrice; 07-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

From reading various other threads about this error/security prompt, my best guess is that there may be some "soft limit" to regain Paypal's trust, where big transactions/foreign transactions are concerned - after my being hacked. Can't see anyone else complaining about Geekbuying, so that's all I can think of.

Maybe after 90 days I might be given more leeway to spend more? Haven't tried spending £300 or so with a UK seller yet, my purchases post-hacking (just over a month ago) have been pretty modest.

I did see comments suggesting that continually seeing the "We're sorry but we can't send your payment right now" error might cause your account to be Limited, so to be careful I left it alone for a few days.

Just wonder if entering a mobile number under Home is a problem? I didn't input it as +44 (UK country code)...simply 07778xxxxxx (as an example)?

Also I can see (about a new stealth account where the member doesn't know its original phone number!) the reply "it will take a few months before they allow you to use that number to verify the account. Sorry but that's the only way. I learned this the hard way." http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...tml#post760055

Think the new number I've added will take a few months for me to use it as verification?

Last edited by patrice; 07-08-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2016

Longevity: 50%

many time get this problems you need found another trusted seller and PayPal allow send money or after little time they allow some time PayPal is ****