Customer CC declined by PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Customer CC declined by PayPal

I hope I'm posting in the right place because my problem is a bit different than the usual issues in this area.

I have an ecommerce website where I am selling different goods. I am using PayPal to process the payments. I have a verified business account in my real name.

I am losing like 50% of the potential orders because the customers' CC's are rejected by PayPal (I clearly see the number of cancelled orders because woocommerce still registers them as cancelled and it still shows that the customer tried to pay with CC).

I've googled the problem and found some information according to which PayPal is not processing payments from customers which have their credit cards linked to paypal account (existing or dumped, banned etc). they want people to login to their paypal accounts and pay with that card, which is already linked to the PP account.
But I've just talked to a customer and he assured me that he has never ever opened a PayPal account because he doesn't like them...he always finds the credit card payment much easier than using a PP account.

So, it looks like PayPal just doesn't want/ is not able to process some of the payments that the customers are trying to send directly with their credit cards.

Is there anything I could do in this situation (I know...find another payment processor...but the thing is that most of them are requiring me to provide the company documents...but I don't have a company yet...this business is new and I must see that it really is the case to start a company for it).

Is it something related to my PP account or is this an issue with the PayPal's processors?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Rufus; 07-11-2016 at 05:16 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-11-2016

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Customer CC declined by PayPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post

But I've just talked to a customer and he assured me that he has never ever opened a PayPal account because he doesn't like them...he always finds the credit card payment much easier than using a PP account.

Thanks guys!
This customer is maybe lieing, and sometimes people move to a new address, but their cc still registered at their old address, so when the input their new address to pay, the avs fail. sometimes, they just don't have enough money in their account ...
But if that's because they had an old banned pp account, just tell them to input a different name and address, only keep the number of the street and the zip code correct, and you should be fine. That's what I do, and that works for me
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
Rufus (07-12-2016)
Old 07-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Good idea. I wrote a message under the billing address fields and instructed the customers to use the billing address as it appears on their monthly bank statement. Let's see what happens next...

Also, I am bit worried about my PP account. I uploaded all the requested documents, verified the account with my credit card so it looks like it's fully verified.

But I cannot added 2 bank accounts and tried to verify them, as well, and I cannot see the micro deposits that PP made. I think the bank is not supporting this type of verification.

Could this be an issue?
Old 07-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Bank not supporting this verification? Have you looked at your transaction statements?
Old 07-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeap. No transaction appears on the bank statement.