CC payments via "Donation" button - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default CC payments via "Donation" button

Hi, the situation- from time to time i get a gift cards which works as mastercards and can be used anywhere. But as long as it is not a real card, you can not see a balance, no pin and no real plastic card. You know what im talking about. PP accepts them as a payment method (unfortunately they can not be used for pp verification) and you can buy something with them but this is not what im looking for.

I need to withdraw money from them somehow. So i created PP account (personal. Not business.) and made it ready to withdraw funds.
Then i created a "DONATION" button on my website. Tested it and it looks like it accepts credit cards payments. So as you already got the pint, the plan is im going to donate myself.

But the big question- how long and how high i can go with these donations and personal account there???

Or any other way how to get the money out of these giftcards? I also was looking for any payment procesor like google wallet (unfortunately not able to use in my country) where i could add my real CC and a gift card and to transfer the money between cards.

Any help please..

Last edited by icecolder; 07-22-2016 at 03:31 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: CC payments via "Donation" button

I cannot see any issue with donate, especially on an established paypal with mixed transactions.

you could use the cards to fund ebay purchases too via paypal.

you can pay them in to another payment processor, but you get hit with fees.

the only problem is that giftcards often need at least a zipcode match, so you need an online giftcard account to add/amend the address.

Have you added and used these giftcards in any capacity online? if you post the name of the giftcard, someone might be able to tell you for sure.
Old 07-22-2016
Threadstarter  

I use some of them on ebay, aliexpress and few online stores and they are acceptable everywhere where mastercards are acceptable. I know about purchases, no big deal there, i use some of them for this, but i want to cash out about a half of them. And the only easy option i found is paypal donation button, but not sure this is the best option.
Anyway, waiting for more opinions there
Old 07-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Be aware that paypal will look at the transaction (s). Too many others do this and it is not always well received.

Ensure your account has a variety of types of payments as well.

Good Luck.
Old 07-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Done several transactions and pp is full of bugs as always. CC payments needs to be repeated few times to go through donation button. Some cards are not accepted anyway but they are ok on other websites who do not use paypal. Trying to withdraw funds and it drops error "internal server error". Its third withdraw. First and second times had to call them and they fixed it and ensured it will not repeat again. Its so full of bugs...

Anyone could offer a better payment processor to get the money out of CC and to withdraw them to personal account or CC ???