Seems Etsy is impossible now. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 07-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Seems Etsy is impossible now.

Looking at etsy thread now the posts are becoming less and less after the new Direct Checkout merge with paypal. Getting a VBA seems impossible without proper verification of addresses etc. So what do you etsy sellers do now ? Move to own website and or career change? I operate own website which is generating (more then etsy actually) but.... I believe if i got back on etsy i would be able to take the knowledge i've learned doing my own site and make it better. Unfortunately can't get back on. I'm sure there are loopholes but seems like its getting slimmer and slimmer since corporations seems to always have 1up in the end.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Seems Etsy is impossible now.

There's more than 1 way to skin a cat.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeah i know theres always a way. But just saying its getting more tighter. I just wanna know when I had a account few months back that had paypal as preferred payment (direct checkout wasn't required for Canada.. but I was living in USA .lol) are they required to sign over to Direct checkout now? Or able to just have there account current with just paypal. I wouldn't know because i got the boot few months after due to orders not being shipped quick as possible (I operate two own domains right now which is generating which is why i didn't pay much attention but now i regret it).
Old 07-27-2016

Longevity: 51%

I really wish you wouldn't post negative threads like this unless they are actually useful, you made me so nervous about opening my latest stealth I honestly thought there was something new they had brought in lol.
Old 07-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I really wish you wouldn't post negative threads like this unless they are actually useful, you made me so nervous about opening my latest stealth I honestly thought there was something new they had brought in lol.
Something people need to understand, not all rules apply to different Countries. Etsy USA probably is going to have different rules than Etsy UK and so forth.
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
It's not negative thread. It's just bringing awareness that certain areas are blockaded now. When there's a will there's a way. I've actually opened up shot outside of etsy and encourage to do the same. Will take work but the benefits outweigh in the long run.
Old 09-03-2016

Longevity: 44%

Sorry but i have a question, i am setting up a new account with new name new address, new user on comp, dongle for new ip address, new email address and new bank details (same name as previous closed account but registered to new address), my question is does it matter if the registered address on the bank info will be different to the address im going to use for the new account?
Thanks
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Sorry but i have a question, i am setting up a new account with new name new address, new user on comp, dongle for new ip address, new email address and new bank details (same name as previous closed account but registered to new address), my question is does it matter if the registered address on the bank info will be different to the address im going to use for the new account?
Thanks
The address for the bank account should not matter, only the address for the identity of the Et.sy account owner and the vcc. Not sure if I've miss understood but make sure its a new bank account that Et.sy has not seen before, not the same bank account but with a new address
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
It's not negative thread. It's just bringing awareness that certain areas are blockaded now. When there's a will there's a way. I've actually opened up shot outside of etsy and encourage to do the same. Will take work but the benefits outweigh in the long run.
It did seem negative when you said "seems impossible" and "unfortunately can't get back on" I see your post was a point about not relying on Et.sy in case this becomes a thing in the future, but you really did make me nervous for opening my next stealth thinking it was no longer going to work!

Has your site outside Et.sy brought you much luck? I've never been good at SEO or the social media side for mine so need to really poor some time into it to make it better than my Et.sy sales.