MC011 Temporarily Restricted HELP! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default MC011 Temporarily Restricted HELP!

Hi, Was wondering if anyone could help as to why i got this email and what i should do. I have been selling with no problems, positive feedback and adding tracking to everything i sold on the day it was dispatched. So i don't know how i can add tracking when its all already there?!?

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

To learn more about eBay's User Agreement, go to:
eBay User Agreement

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:
-- Provide proof of delivery for all of the items sold on your eBay account. This may be in the form of feedback left from buyers. If you prefer, you can submit tracking numbers for each of the items posted. This will help show buyers more of your selling history and will also allow us to confirm that your items have been posted.

To upload tracking to my eBay:
1. Go to My eBay. You may need to sign in.
2. In the "Activity" tab, click the "Sold" link.
3. Select the item(s) for uploading.
4. Click the "Add tracking number" button. You'll be redirected to the Add/Edit/Delete Tracking number page, where you can enter tracking numbers for the selected carrier.
5. Enter the tracking information.

If you use Selling Manager Pro to manage your orders:
1. Go to Selling Manager Pro > Sold.
2. Select the appropriate item(s).
3. Click the "Add Tracking Number" button.

When you submit the tracking number, it will be displayed below the item in My eBay "Sold" (for the seller), My eBay "Won" (for the buyer), and the View Order Details page (for both seller and buyer).

If you'd like to fax the tracking information, send it here:
eBay
Attention: SRM Appeals
(801) 880-7018

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: MC011 Temporarily Restricted HELP!

As far as MC011's go, this one seems relatively mild.

Have you tried calling Ebay and explaining that all of your orders shipped with tracking and you haven't had any complaints?

Was this a newish account? Usually MC011's are triggered by selling too fast on a new account.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeah its only a few months old. And i started selling slow and gradually building up. Haven't rang them as i have read ringing ebay is one of the worst things to do. lol I have replied stating that all my items already have tracking provided, i just don't understand why they want it when its already there?
Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Surely this was an automated suspension. I highly doubt a rep would have chosen to manually suspend your account for this reason when it's clearly evident you've shipped everything with tracking. That's why I suggested calling in. Any good customer service rep would quickly realize this suspension isn't justified and would likely reinstate your account.

If you aren't comfortable calling in you can try emailing them explaining your side. Personally I've never had any problems calling Ebay with stealth accounts. You just need to make sure you call in using the number the account was created with.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

im concerned that they might ask questions regarding where i get my stock??
Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

It's possible they may, but given the reason for your suspension I'd say it's unlikely. If they had requested your supplier invoices as one of the reinstatement terms then you would have something to worry about.

Either way you're going to have to contact them somehow, or there's no chance of getting this account back. I've been able to have an MC011 account reinstated before by telling Ebay I was selling stuff from around home.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

I think i'll try to email them again before i risk the call, i feel better knowing it was probably just automated, i really don't want to have to start another stealth account as its so slow to build up. Any idea on how long it takes for them to get back to you on this sort of thing?
Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Honestly with me being a USA seller I wouldn't be qualified to give you an accurate answer on that one. I would assume that's the type of thing which is reviewed relatively quickly since Ebay has hundreds of full time employees, but that's purely speculation. I know UK Paypal can take weeks/months to review documents you send in to them, so the case may be the same with UK Ebay.

It may help to go ahead and fax them all of the tracking numbers they are requesting. That would at least bring your situation to someone's attention at Ebay.

When calling in these limitations are usually removed within 5 minutes if Ebay isn't requesting supplier invoices.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your help. Will see how it goes, might have to give them a call then.
The Following User Says Thank You to racewilder519 For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (07-28-2016)
Old 07-22-2016
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by racewilder519 View Post
Thanks for your help. Will see how it goes, might have to give them a call then.

This happen to me also
have you call them what is their answer..?
Old 07-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi madridreal,

Yes i called them yesterday on the freephone number which was a nightmare to find. As it didn't give a call option on the website for this issue.

I explained to the girl that i had already provided the tracking for all my items and she looked over the account.

She agreed that it didn't make any sense and that my account was in good standing 100% feedback and no open cases.

She then asked did i reply to the initial email, which obviously i had. And told me that this wasn't her department but she could now contact that department and 'bump' me to the top of the que as they usually take up to 72hrs to read their emails!!

She told me she would ring me back and let me know what was happening.

She did ring yesterday evening and told me they were working on it for me but its still restricted and im no further forward.
Old 07-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

I'm glad to hear you mustered up the courage to call in!

Her response should give you hope, but you may still need to push them to get your account reinstated. Even though she said she's "bumped" you to the front of the line it's very doubtful she actually did anything. She was more than likely just trying to get you off the phone.

I recommend calling back Monday if you still aren't reinstated. You now know how easy calling in is so hopefully it won't be so nerve wracking if you do need to call in again!
Old 07-28-2016

Longevity: 81%

I would try to do the appeals, but just move on and create a new one in the meanwhile. Just in case it doesn't workout. Use a new VM environment, Static IP, and get the stealth guide. You need to do the works. eBay is ran by incompetent Philippine/Indian personnel who are worst than the ones at Amazon. No wonder the stock price is so crappy. When eBay gives you lemons. Make lemonade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk