Think I just killed Stealth by setting up ebay shipping payment with paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-31-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
Default Think I just killed Stealth by setting up ebay shipping payment with paypal

I think I just killed my new stealth account on my first sale. I went to print a label with ebay. The paypal has a pre-paid gift visa with no money on it and a VBA.

When I went to print the label there was no option to pay with paypal when funds become available. The only option was to set up payment with paypal. I searched through all the other links for a while before doing a hail mary and hoping it would give me the option while setting up the payment with paypal.

Long story short, it looks like its taking the money out of the VBA. So I'm ****ED...

It appears its best not to use the money off the pre-paid gift card and use that money for shipping the first package establishing the connection for payment to ebay from paypal for shipping.

Anyone else have experience with this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Think I just killed Stealth by setting up ebay shipping payment with paypal

You should be alright but only time will tell.
Old 07-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Think I just killed Stealth by setting up ebay shipping payment with paypal

Worst case scenario is the VBA get removed....

Choose pay pay later on accounts with 21 day holds.
Old 07-31-2016
Threadstarter  

The option to pay with paypal funds when they become available wasn't there for the initial shipping transaction. The only option was to connect to pay with paypal which ebay has automatically checked. Once I clicked to pay, it sent me to paypal to establish the connection from ebay shipping to paypal. When it brought me back to ebay the label had been purchased and was ready to print, the option for pay from funds when they become available was there after that but the damage had already been done. On my paypal account for the shipping transaction it says paid from bank account, with the VBA info.

When being "CHEAP" trying to save as much "bank account money" as possible by spending paypal funds, it ends up costing you more money and aggravation.

Should have just went with shipstation/stamps.com from day one. Problem solved...

For anyone else just starting out, I think if you leave the $20 on the pre-paid gift card instead of spending it on personal stuff. You might be alright to set up the initial connection to pay for shipping with paypal. I can't verify that, but I would think it would try to pull money from the card before the bank account.

I was planning on paying for shipping with paypal for the first 90 days while I got my account stable selling little bull**** items. If a buyer wanted a return I would have refunded them letting them keep the item.

The address on the account is a foreclosed house i have no access to. Once the account was ready to sell HIGH RISK items in 90 days and had a good amount of funds built up I would have went and rented a UPS Store type mom & pop box rental. I would have added the mail box to ebay for the ship to: and return shipping address leaving the primary address the address I have no access to...

This accounts purpose was to only sell and buy with paypal funds, NOT withdraw to a bank account. I'm in the process of setting up other account to use for withdrawals.
Old 07-31-2016

Longevity: 46%

I did this mistake before, it just removed my VBA so I had to buy another o.o
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shad0wd0wn For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-01-2016), nate (08-01-2016)
Old 07-31-2016

Had this happen before as well. They just remove the account in question. You can just add another afterwards. For all my stealth that I sell stuff from I always keep spare shipping money in that paypal account to pay for shipping, is that not the easiest solution? Works for me atleast.
Old 08-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

if it is your very first shipment, it will fail and then you will have the option
to "pay later" Your procedure is normal. Maybe considering adding the VBA after you print your first label in the future. That way your VCC fails and you just use Pay later option.
Old 08-01-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
if it is your very first shipment, it will fail and then you will have the option
to "pay later" Your procedure is normal. Maybe considering adding the VBA after you print your first label in the future. That way your VCC fails and you just use Pay later option.
My paypal account was 100% verified with gift card and VBA and ebay gave me a 5/500 limit. I cant be 100%, sure but I think that is the lowest limit I've got out of the 3 accounts I've made in the last 6 months.

Anyway my question is... When you only add a card does it give you lower limits than if you were 100% verified with both? From my understanding that is what the book insinuates.