Quick Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 03-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Quick Question

My brother needs to create a paypal account, it won't be used for selling on Ebay, but rather to accept a payment from an item he sold. The problem is I used his name to create an account before and yes, it was limited. He lives in a different address now and has different IP, etc, only problem is bank account and his name. He's opening a new bank account, so my question is, should he just use his Middle name? (⊗⊗⊗⊗)example: John Manly Joes
He used John Joes on the account that was suspended, so should he just use John Manly in his new account? I already know that Paypal doesn't see your name from the bank account that you provide, but will it matter if you use a different name?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I've been out of it for a bit now. I gave up on ebay already. No sense in having all these headaches and bs from Ebay. Too many other things going on in my life.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

he can just alter a few letters i his name and he should be fine... If its a big payment, then maybe you guys should reconsider and use a legit person..

otherwise you should be fine...

new ip
new address
alter name just to be safe
new bank account
new card (just in case for verification purposes)
The Following User Says Thank You to yaw1800 For This Useful Post:
highwhey (03-10-2009)
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Any made-up name will work.

Otherwise just make sure the bank being used is one that will accept deposits in a different name.

Wamu, Chase, BoA...etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
highwhey (03-10-2009)
Old 03-10-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

Thanks guys. As for the payment, it's not too big, just a $500 payment. Nothing that will overly excite Paypal.
Old 03-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

When your brother sends the item, make sure he has it sgined for delivery and can be completely tracked. Worthwhile to pay the extra dollars since paypal is involved.
Old 03-14-2009

Longevity: 87%

Question along the same lines here. I would appreciate some help.

I am soon creating a new ebay account after having been recently suspended. I have the bank, the address, the IP address in order. I will need to be able to get an ebay account and paypal account going again. If I have everything else new, can I use my real name on my paypal / ebay accounts or will I get nailed?

I was going to make a minor variation in the first name such as going with Bill instead if William, or even even initials as a first name such as JR Russo. And in the last name was going to go with Russi changing a letter or two from Russo.

I figure this will make it easy to always be able to deposit money as it is close enough to the real thing the bank will accept it if things go wrong with paypal confirmation down the line. But I would love to go with my real name, but am afraid it is too risky.

Do I need to change both names? Just a first name? Help! lol
Old 03-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

its not just the name, its also the address you need to alter if you plan on buying as well..

for example

Jonathan Little
1420 bethlehem road

can be something like

jonthan litle
1420 betlehem rd

it would be enough to throw off the bots

As far as bank deposits go, you shouldnt have any problems.. most people have totally different names attached to the banks so that shouldnt be a problem (unless you're moving huge amounts of money)
Old 03-14-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
it would be enough to throw off the bots
^^^^^^^^^
I don't really agree with that tactic. Yes it might throw off the bots, but if the account every became under scrutiny for any reason with PayPal or T&S, even their dumbest employee will figure that out.
Old 03-14-2009

Thanks for the excellent guidance. I was going to rent an address from the UPS store or Post Office as I thought for sure my address would be recognizable. But variations on the address are a great idea, perhaps for my second account, when I get brave.

The bank though I was worried about as when I opened the new account they said they do not allow double endorsed checks, the check would have to be in my name or something reasonably similar. The name variations would definitely work, and your example is so helpful for me.

But a totally different name seems like it wouldn't. I have already created an ID with a different name, but didn't think I would be able to get the money out easily so have not proceeded. But if you know a way of depositing under a fictitious name I would appreciate it. I even asked about depositing into my business account stamping the "For Deposit Only" with the business name and they said that wouldn't work either. Are there some banks that are more lenient on this?

I think though with paypal I should be able to get a debit card in time as I will have a gift credit card in my name and a bank account I can get the deposits verified in. So having to get and deposit a check from paypal is simply ensuring the backup plan works and for until I get a debit card.

My items are inexpensively priced, so no Vero danger...

You people are so awesome, giving hope to good people victimized by ebay.
Old 03-14-2009

What wold you suggest Theygotmetoo? I think perhaps with the variation in name and a different rented address I might be ok? I was a high volume seller on ebay and hope to get to that again in time, so want to be as cautious as possible. I only want to live this nightmare once if possible, lol.
Old 03-14-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by now View Post
What wold you suggest Theygotmetoo?
What do I suggest?

1st and foremost...Get and READ the Stealth Book before you go any further on your account creation.
Old 03-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Alos to add to the great advice, banks have exchanged info with paypal so beaware of the chance of problems.
Old 03-14-2009

I most definitely plan on getting the Stealth Book in the next few days.

As far as banks sharing info is there a particular bank that is known to be safe? Am I better off just going with my real name and simply a different address and phone number and IP?

I have a merchant account and would be happy to not even do paypal. But it has my suspended name attached to it,so faxing in the statement would give me away. i guess I will never be able to add the merchant account unless someone has figured out a way around that.

I actually usually use one of the 3rd parties companies like Channel Advisor to push my auctions to ebay, and my merchant account is attached there. But without ebay getting that fax, I don't think that would work.

Before suspension I had a large number of auctions, and I shudder at having to create them all one by one again when they are already in this software. but is it safe to use?

God there are so many details to get right...
Old 03-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

So far i have used two different alteration sof my name with name and havent gotten linked to my old limited account..
If the bots cant pick it up, how can someone randomly know you've been limited in the past??

As for channel advisor, im not sure if they are similar to auctiva but i remember in aanother thread someone was saying something about changing username worked for them.. Then again it might be safe to start anew.. or go through a few trial and error experiments with them (try changing up some of the wording, pictures maybe?)
Old 03-15-2009
Administrator

^^^^^
Who said anything about random?
Old 03-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

You're not understanding me...

if the bot cant link the stealth account to a new one, then how would a person find out..
Old 03-15-2009
Administrator

Look...

I know this from personal experience, when an account of my parents was looked at by T&S because they (my parents) wanted to lift a selling limit on a "lot" of watches (just one lot), T&S scrutinized all accounts that were associated with theirs.

Thus 4 PERFECT Ebay accounts got suspended.

Here's my original 1st post when I joined this forum...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...html#post53143
Old 03-15-2009

My items are low cost so I don't think I would raise any flags. And I am trying not to make a technology mistake such as with IP. I just don't know any other solution.

Going with a totally different name I have no idea how I would get the money out of my paypal account. That was my initial plan. Going with my accurate real name seems just too easy to catch. Would that be foolish?

I have a relative who has the same name as me, and seems like an ace in the hole, but I am nervous there because of the exact same name. And don't want to burn that opportunity on a rookie mistake. So he is my last resort.

Thanks for letting me know the two altered names are working for you. Success stories are what I need and give confidence during this uncertain time.