Account suspended!! Running true stealth, ADDED EIN number too!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Account suspended!! Running true stealth, ADDED EIN number too!!!

Hello all,

I have been running eBay Stealth on one of my accounts for some time now. Full stealth: Dedicated VPN/IP with its own Windows User ID.

Ebay account has been running fine for about 2 months now. Sales was doing pretty well and before I knew it, PayPal was asking for an EIN number.

Maybe all of this could have been avoided if I put an EIN number in advance but I actually waited till Ebay/PayPal asked for this information. I didn't even meet the 200 transactions or 20,000 volume yet but I was close to it.
Looking back now, I really wish I just put an EIN#.... Dammit.

Anyways, I called Paypal and they gave me the "Catch 22" conversation stating they required an EIN# and I needed to upgrade my PayPal account to a business account but bc there was a hold on I couldn't do it online.

I was transferred to a rep. and worked with him over the phone, and we were able to apply the EIN# to the account.

WHALLA PayPal account was approved and Ebay account was reinstated.
Now, even though I was able to get the PayPal account approved with a EIN# it was still asking me to register a Social security against the PayPal Account. It only asked for the last 4 of the social, so while doing this over the phone with the rep, I just put the last 4 of the EIN#. The rep was vigilant and did notice and said that one day eventually I would to update this info.

I also want to mention this account was purchased from the marketplace here. The user account details was in a different state the registered EIN# that was submitted.
Although I did think this could raise some eyebrows, I didn't think it would have been anything to cause a ban.

Business continued on Ebay fine for a few days but then I logged into my Ebay account and saw a indefinitely suspended notice with no reason.
My heart sank as I saw this since I just burned through an EIN# for this account....

I gathered my information together and gave Ebay a call. The first rep I talked to said that Ebay would call or email me back in a few days as they were unsure/could not release the details of my suspension over the phone. I told the rep that I changed my cell number and email would be best.

I then talked to someone in the "trust and safety"dept. This rep said that there would no chance for appeal and reason for suspension could not be release over the phone due to their regulations.

I am confused now. I will check my email for any updates and update everyone here but has anyone experienced anything of this nature?
Should I have just put the EIN# before it was asked for?
Is it bc the Ebay address and EIN address was too much of a difference?
What do you guys think my chances for reinstatement is?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Account suspended!! Running true stealth, ADDED EIN number too!!!

You will never get a real reason from a rep, they dont even know and just read from scripted text.

I doubt this had anythjng to do with the EIN

Now without knowing and im not asking either,, the details of your business, im just going from experience it seems this could of been to moving too fast on a new account with the items you are selling.

Also u did it right , dont add an EIN till the account is running well, but be prepared with it.

I like to sell lightly on accounts the first 3 months , no more than $500 each month in sales. Starting slow works the best for me , everyone will have their own techniques.

After 3 months and at this time the account has received 3+ auto increases and meets the criteria for ebay to lift its holds is when i increase sales, than by month 5 if things are running well i convert paypal to business and add EIN before asked.

Once u get established accounts running and have an income comming in, than this slow technique works really well and i get nice limit accounts and have little problems
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
n0shadowkick (07-20-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't know if you know and I don't know what your sales looked like. But unless you passed 200 and $20,000, Paypal won't issue a 1099 for your EIN.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't know if you know and I don't know what your sales looked like. But unless you passed 200 and $20,000, Paypal won't issue a 1099 for your EIN.
They base it on if you are on pace to go over the limit , i usually get asked at 150/$6000
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
They base it on if you are on pace to go over the limit , i usually get asked at 150/$6000
Yeah, me too.

But that's not what I was talking about, lol.

If you hit 200 items or $20k in sales, they require a tax ID. But they don't send a 1099 to the IRS unless you pass both 200 and $20,000. Trust me, I know from experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2016

Oh yea, u wont get a 1099 unless u actually go over, but whether u receive it or not once u enter the EIN it is verfied in the system
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yeah, me too.

But that's not what I was talking about, lol.

If you hit 200 items or $20k in sales, they require a tax ID. But they don't send a 1099 to the IRS unless you pass both 200 and $20,000. Trust me, I know from experience.
Thing is this fact is not understood by majority of users.

Hence the importance if knowing the system correctly.
phaz0rz (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016

Longevity: 47%

It seems like you might have been selling too fast. I hope they give you a reason so you learn from the mistake to not repeat it unknowingly.
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Was the number on ebay active?
Fast sales especially in certain categories and inactive numbers get permanent ban.

If the number was active and ebay called would you have answered it? If the answer is no, this causes a review and if they did not like the name/address combo= permanent ban.

Last question is VPN. What was the service used?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (07-18-2016), n0shadowkick (07-20-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaida View Post
It seems like you might have been selling too fast. I hope they give you a reason so you learn from the mistake to not repeat it unknowingly.
Go back and read Post 2.

The very experienced Poster advises it is totally unlikely more info would be given.

Many have been in this case, and sought the reasons without success.

Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

The only way you will get any reason of any meaning is if you call many many many times and demand it. Eventually you will be put on hold for a while and someone will say, Linked to multiple accounts, or ebay did not like account creation(bad name/address/phone combos) or they did not like how or what you are selling. You have to be pretty demanding and call many times to get this info. Good phone skills are a huge help. Ultimately it is a waste of time though.

Other than that, they say someone will call or email in a few days read from a script by a nice lady in the Philippines.
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

After 3 months and at this time the account has received 3+ auto increases and meets the criteria for ebay to lift its holds is when i increase sales, than by month 5 if things are running well i convert paypal to business and add EIN before asked.

Once u get established accounts running and have an income comming in, than this slow technique works really well and i get nice limit accounts and have little problems
Thanks for the advice. Do you dedicate an IP to each account too? That can get a little pricy, although I guess in the long run it pays for itself. For auto increases do you just sell close the limits and Ebay will auto determine the increase?
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Was the number on ebay active?
Fast sales especially in certain categories and inactive numbers get permanent ban.

If the number was active and ebay called would you have answered it? If the answer is no, this causes a review and if they did not like the name/address combo= permanent ban.

Last question is VPN. What was the service used?
I use 24vc. I hear they are good.

Wow I did not know this. I wish I knew this, in advance. The number could have been activated. Well, now I know...
What if I call back from that number and try to appeal?
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
The only way you will get any reason of any meaning is if you call many many many times and demand it. Eventually you will be put on hold for a while and someone will say, Linked to multiple accounts, or ebay did not like account creation(bad name/address/phone combos) or they did not like how or what you are selling. You have to be pretty demanding and call many times to get this info. Good phone skills are a huge help. Ultimately it is a waste of time though.

Other than that, they say someone will call or email in a few days read from a script by a nice lady in the Philippines.
I didn't make multiple calls but requested help from different departments during the call.
Yeah, I'm not going to pursue the reason, just be more careful in the future and spread out my accounts even more now.
LOL, there does seem too be lots of Phillipino Ebay phone reps. Cheaper labor costs.
Old 07-21-2016
Threadstarter  

This means the EIN# that I used for this Ebay account would also be suspended/not able to be used?
Old 07-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0shadowkick View Post
This means the EIN# that I used for this Ebay account would also be suspended/not able to be used?
Yes. If the paypal is not limitted you can use it for other things also. Like wholesale buyers/sending payments to suppliers, off ebay sales etc....

Still good for amazon, groupon, barnes and noble, etc.....
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
n0shadowkick (07-21-2016)
Old 07-25-2016

Longevity: 62%

What details have to match your eBay when you make an EIN? I recently got hit with paypal asking for an EIN, someone please help!!!
Old 07-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zishan786110 View Post
What details have to match your eBay when you make an EIN? I recently got hit with paypal asking for an EIN, someone please help!!!
Non at all. No relationship exists between your COMPANY(EIN) and details on ebay accounts.
Old 08-06-2016

Longevity: 89%

If you want to add an EIN to paypal do you have to upgrade to business account?
Old 08-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah74 View Post
If you want to add an EIN to paypal do you have to upgrade to business account?
Yes you upgrade to business.
Old 08-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Someone asked if you need a different VPN for each account. YES. Running multiple eBay accounts from the same IP address (especially when you street address is different) will kill accounts. The IP address should also be fresh and dedicated.

Each stealth account also needs it's own Windows (or Mac) user account.

It was not the EIN that did you in.