Hello All! Little bit complicated!Help needed bit bored of Paypals shenanigans :) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 08-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Unhappy Hello All! Little bit complicated!Help needed bit bored of Paypals shenanigans :)

I run an online jewellery store based in the uk. Our business has been increasing fairly rapidly to the point we began turning over 15-19k per month around 500 transactions. Only using paypal (we also have a paypal merchant loan to the value of 14k which was halfway paid off and due to finish in October) in the early part of June after 2 years of successful trade with a new stealth account we had about 10-12 cases opened. It was my fault and I had unexpected delays with stock and we changed our site which caused some problems with customer addresses. I explained this to paypal they requested several documents- all for what must only be for their entertainment because it became crystal clear when they sent there thanks but no thanks pack your bags and we`re keeping the money for 180 days email.

Anyway that aside since then I have opened 5 new accounts. The first was an old account which I opened in 2003 and have no idea what info I provided back then and as it approached the eu limit I received a limitation requesting ID I provided that info 4 times as each time they said it was not accepted and then received the thanks but no thanks.

One account I opened to use with a completely different site only in preparation and sent of the id to have the limits etc removed in anticipation however after a month I received an email from paypal saying account limited and lets part ways arghhhhh.....and not one transaction had gone through the account!

The last 2 are approaching the eu limits and Im a bit worried about sending any documentation as it seems they are looking closely at this info these days?

Will paypal continue to kill all accounts that I use on my website is there any way around this? its just really sad that a whole successful business could effectively be destroyed by paypal :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Hello All! Little bit complicated!Help needed bit bored of Paypals shenanigans :)

Welcome to the forums OP - all the best as you learn stealth
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Charmed (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Hello All! Little bit complicated!Help needed bit bored of Paypals shenanigans :)

is it the goods? eg. any chance of paypal thinking there are copyright issues, you know like pandora style etc?

Have you thought of trying a different payment processor?
Charmed (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Welcome aboard!
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
Charmed (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Charmed (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016

Longevity: 47%

Welcome aboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubaida For This Useful Post:
Charmed (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No we dont sell anything at all like the pandora, we do sell sterling silver but we dont sell any replicas.

I have currently switched to stripe so we are using both stripe and paypal.....but after reading so many horror stories about them Im nervous I could encounter the same problems.

I am hoping the domain wont be linked.....but if paypal will limit accounts with the same details such as name/address/a phone number/ a bank account etc....its incredibly unlikely they will let a domain slip through right?
Old 08-09-2016

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
No we dont sell anything at all like the pandora, we do sell sterling silver but we dont sell any replicas.

I have currently switched to stripe so we are using both stripe and paypal.....but after reading so many horror stories about them Im nervous I could encounter the same problems.

I am hoping the domain wont be linked.....but if paypal will limit accounts with the same details such as name/address/a phone number/ a bank account etc....its incredibly unlikely they will let a domain slip through right?
I got asked by PP to remove any trace of them from one of my websites a few years ago. I've been using Stripe for years. No issues whatsoever. What is it you are worried about?

Last edited by cool customer; 08-09-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well that gives me some hope it was so stupid paypal limited the account and even removed the refund function so I had no way of issuing refunds, I also have a merchant loan with them.....with no way of repaying it....and that was the second loan too in less than 2 months after issuing a big merchant loan they decided actually lets part ways! after 2 years with no issues. The one thing I am allowed to do is leave there logo on the site???!!

Im afraid that the same thing could happen with stripe, they could freeze accounts, randomly issue parting of ways? we have had probably around 5 chargebacks in 2 years and refund maybe once a month if that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charmed For This Useful Post:
cool customer (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

Im afraid that the same thing could happen with stripe, they could freeze accounts, randomly issue parting of ways? we have had probably around 5 chargebacks in 2 years and refund maybe once a month if that.
Hopefully this will give you a little more confidence still.

Every now and then I have a flurry of people buying tons of stuff with stolen credit cards. If I don't notice and refund the payments myself they normally come back as a chargeback when the card owner realises they have been rinsed. This is a simple process, with a fee each time it happens (£20 odd I think from memory - the cost of doing business, so I just suck it up and leave crying about it for other people to do!).

Also, despite being very clear about it on my sites, you always get one cheese that clicks 'submit payment' twice and end up paying twice. I just refund the duplicate payment and they are none the wiser that they paid twice as the money has never left their account so does not appear on any statement.

Refunds happen so don't go worrying about that

Stripe are good guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to cool customer For This Useful Post:
Charmed (08-11-2016)