Buyer refusing to start Dispute -Sending me threats - Just Refund instead ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Question Buyer refusing to start Dispute -Sending me threats - Just Refund instead ?

Odd situation

Sold a website few weeks ago.

Also the domain along with it.

Buyer wanted me to handle the transfer for both.

I installed the website but then explained they would have to request the domain to be transferred to their domain registrar (its with a different registrar so they need to request it and pay around 6-7 dollars to transfer it)

They were angry that I wouldnt log in and use THIER credit card in their account.

When I was installing their web hosting I noticed they had a lot of adult/unsavory type of websites and didnt want to have anything to do with their account.

Fast forward and I checked in to see if they had gotten the domain transfer going.

Nope.

Instead they starting freaking out and were rude.

I checked the website I sold them and they replaced all the ads with how to grow pot ads !!!! (they're in a state where pot is legal so I guess its okay there)

My website is for health and beauty.

As the website was still on my nameservers I immediately removed all ads and then told them

to please start a paypal dispute and Ill refund them.

I told them they are covered under buyer protection.

Here's where it gets crazy.

Theyre refusing to dispute, downright ignoring my request.

Instead they are sending threats that I stole their money and that they'll have the authorities get me. lol

I reiterated that we completed this sale via Paypal and that's how they need to resolve it.
Why won't they start a dispute ? Why send me empty silly threats ?

Perhaps their Paypal account is negative ?

Should I just refund them ? Or insist they start a dispute ?

I think I am dealing with someone crazy.

TL:DR
Want to refund crazy buyer - They're refusing to start dispute - threatening me with 'authorities' instead
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Buyer refusing to start Dispute -Sending me threats - Just Refund instead ?

Until they file a dispute, don't do anything but save all the emails, conversations. They can threaten you with murder, in the end they need to file a dispute. What it looks like is that they want a refund and keep it the website.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
loveequality (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Buyer refusing to start Dispute -Sending me threats - Just Refund instead ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Until they file a dispute, don't do anything but save all the emails, conversations. They can threaten you with murder, in the end they need to file a dispute. What it looks like is that they want a refund and keep it the website.
All good advice. Thanks
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 46%

You'd think they'd be more mellow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shad0wd0wn For This Useful Post:
loveequality (08-12-2016), Ubaida (08-12-2016), UKGiftWarranty (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 68%

Does sound shady on their end.

Did they offer to give you there login information to request a domain transfer for them?

It is a pretty quick and cheap fix to the problem.

I have had to transfer domains for people who did not know how to do it.

They sound like a horrible customer tho, so depending on how much money the website sold for would probably determine if I wanted to save the sale or offer a refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to Con For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 47%

probably purchased from a stolen PP. If you refund the $$ will be lost to buyer.

If you can take the product back and refund, that's what I'd do to cover my you know what
The Following User Says Thank You to eulaclarke86 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wd0wn View Post
Good one shad0wd0wn.
Old 08-12-2016
Threadstarter  

What a nut. Buyer still sending threats and now they filed something with paypal finally.

"You can quickly resolve this problem by accepting the buyer's request.
Buyer's request: $x,xxx.00 USD partial refund, buyer keeps the item."

He wrote the full sale price as the partial refund price btw.

Haha, thanks for all the replies.

Everyone here called it. This loon thinks he can keep the item and get a refund.
I have escalated and stated I wanted him to be fully refunded but no he can't keep/use anything he has.

Anything else I should add ?
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveequality View Post
What a nut. Buyer still sending threats and now they filed something with paypal finally.

"You can quickly resolve this problem by accepting the buyer's request.
Buyer's request: $x,xxx.00 USD partial refund, buyer keeps the item."

He wrote the full sale price as the partial refund price btw.

Haha, thanks for all the replies.

Everyone here called it. This loon thinks he can keep the item and get a refund.
I have escalated and stated I wanted him to be fully refunded but no he can't keep/use anything he has.

Anything else I should add ?
Do you still have control of the domain? If so, now the PayPal claim is underway you should be changing the password on any accounts you gave them access too and removing any of the websites content from their servers.

Plenty of fraudulent buyers around for websites/domains and PayPal is easy pickings for recovering the sale price (if the account isn't stolen!) and ****ing off with the site/domain leaving you with nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to UKGiftWarranty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Red face Re: Buyer refusing to start Dispute -Sending me threats - Just Refund instead ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGiftWarranty View Post
Do you still have control of the domain? If so, now the PayPal claim is underway you should be changing the password on any accounts you gave them access too and removing any of the websites content from their servers.

Plenty of fraudulent buyers around for websites/domains and PayPal is easy pickings for recovering the sale price (if the account isn't stolen!) and ****ing off with the site/domain leaving you with nothing.

Hi, yes I still have control of the domain.
Otherwise I would be more freaked out than I already am.
Guess it's good that he is so baked all the time that he didn't understand that he doesn't have the domain still.
I escalated to a dispute and wrote that the buyer is 100% welcome to a full refund but aren't allowed to use any of the content, themes, plugins further.
I notice he is changing the whois on domains HE owns suddenly.
Anyway, I am in the midst of a heatwave here, time to just cool down and not stress. I am so wiped out I NEARLY clicked accept on the full refund/buyer keeps product !
I imagine that would have allowed him to chase me for the domain too.
Old 08-12-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wd0wn View Post
Care to let me in on the joke?

And out of curiosity what is the website?
Old 08-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

you should mail them a gift from this website as a token of your appreciation
https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/?...FQKNaQodxZkNuA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
camouflage (08-13-2016), loveequality (08-13-2016), tom191 (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016

Thank you so much for this website I can think of about ten people right off the top of my head I need to order this for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
you should mail them a gift from this website as a token of your appreciation
https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/?...FQKNaQodxZkNuA
Old 08-13-2016

I have had a very similar transaction in the past. In my case the "Clowns" (AKA the buyer) bought a product from me and paid via a paypal invoice that I sent.

A few weeks later they call with a bogus complaint and want me to mail them a check or they suggest they can come to my office and get cash. (They lived about an hour away from me)

So I told them the same thing you did - Go through the process via Paypal

For weeks this "Clown" kept harassing me and threatening to come to my office and kill me.

What I did was stupid and I wouldn't do it again or suggest it to you although it did work for me in this instance. I confronted this guy - dumb - dumb - dumb - don't do that.

But I tell you all this because what I found out was this "Clown" coned his friend into using her Paypal account and paying me on the promise that he would pay her back. So since he basically scammed her he couldn't open a paypal dispute and was not interested in me refunding the money via Paypal since it had no benefit for him.

I think in my case this was a complete shakedown to ultimately get the cash!

Don't know if its the same in your case but your buyer may not have access to that account.

I would block his number and send emails to spam and see if you ever get a Paypal dispute

Hope that adds to the conversation a little