If amazon linked me, Im sure ebay will too...help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-22-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default If amazon linked me, Im sure ebay will too...help

Hey guys,
I dont know what I did wrong but I went thru a lot of effort to start a new amazon acct only to have it shut down two days later. How did they catch me? I cleared cookies, went thru aol (proxy), used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address, new email, a simon gift card, and a new checking acct, and bought a tracphone for a new number to use. What could I have done wrong?! The only thing I can think of is Im in the same city (which is very large), and put up a few things for sell and they were the same as I was selling before. But Im worried that if amazon linked me in 2 days, the same will be happening with ebay. Help! :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm not an Amazon expert but did you use the same auctions from another account? What about your email address, was it from a personal domain? What excuses did Amazon give you for shutting you down?
Old 08-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I'm not an Amazon expert but did you use the same auctions from another account? What about your email address, was it from a personal domain? What excuses did Amazon give you for shutting you down?

I cant figure it out for the life of me. Maybe I should use a different city or list completely different merchandise/titles? Or maybe the aol proxy isnt working? I notice when I check my ip address it will come up as unable to confirm/unknown as what others would see, but the proxy address is the same at all times, even when I log out and log back in. But I never used it when I was on there before. My email address was an aol address. I didnt list any auctions, I only list so that people can buy it according to price.

I refunded because the info was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so I wouldnt be getting paid anyway. Im glad I didnt ship yet (was going to today). My original acct has 1k in it that is on hold for 120 days from the date of my last transaction...that one has my real info so I expect to get that money.

this is the message:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

This message is to inform you that we have blocked your Amazon.com Auctions, zShops and Marketplace account. Your open listings have been cancelled and you are no longer able to sell on our site.

We have taken this action because it has come to our attention that this account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for violations of our Community Rules.

While we do not provide detailed information on how we link related accounts, we have thoroughly reviewed our records and confirmed that we have significant evidence that this account is related to another account previously closed for community rules violations.

If you still have items to ship, please take appropriate steps to resolve your pending sales. Your Seller Account will remain accessible and you are encouraged to refund or ship pending orders.

Your funds are on temporary hold for 90 days from the date of your final sale. After 90 days, the funds will be disbursed, provided we do not receive chargebacks or A-to-Z Guarantee claims against your sales. If you have further questions about your disbursement, please email payments-funds@amazon.com.

While we appreciate your interest, please understand that the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

Regards,

Item and Seller Quality
Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Old 08-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Default hmm

wait...I think I figured it out! I just remembered I had an old amazon account under my real name (same name as the banned one)...I never sold on that one but I used to buy on that account and I used the same credit card number or bank account to purchase with that I just registed with to sell. I just logged into the old account I used to use to buy from and its still there.

Is this most likely how I was linked?
Old 08-22-2007

Makes sense.
At least it looks like from the letter you received they at least let you access your account enough so that you can clear thing up with your buyers.
EB just freezes you and if you had a bunch of sales and buyers already sent payment, at that point those buyers would have no recourse if you decided to stiff them

EB comes off as being so high and mighty and looking out for the safety of its members, but they can kick someone off who has dozens of ended auctions, with payment already sent who says WTF I'm not going to get any neg feedback f**k it I'll keep the merchandise.

Luckily that didn't happen to me. I got booted after paying for an item ($150) and if the seller hasn't been honest could have stiffed me. I could have filed a complaint with PP and froze his acct until it was resolved, but if he had little $ in it and had acces to other PP accounts to use I'd have been SOL.

I'm sorry, but EB is so two-faced, they are just plain sleazy
Old 08-22-2007

Longevity: 99%

Les--I know you're probably not the most supportive of Amazon right now but--what has been your experience with them sales-wise? I'm not an expert on them either so am wondering if they're worth looking into as an alternate source or not. Are they better for buy it now or auction? And how is their auction traffic? Thanks
Old 08-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Les--I know you're probably not the most supportive of Amazon right now but--what has been your experience with them sales-wise? I'm not an expert on them either so am wondering if they're worth looking into as an alternate source or not. Are they better for buy it now or auction? And how is their auction traffic? Thanks
Are you selling media? If so it is good for that. I dont mess with the auctions. I was a total newbie and sold a couple of grand in a few weeks (refunded half bc I was dealing with a shady dropshipper--which was why I got banned--the high refund rate, didnt know giving ppl their money back was bad!).
I looked at the auctions and they dont seem popular. Anyway, the one and a half day I was back on before I sold all three things I had put up. Then they whacked me (again).

Dusting myself off to try again!
Old 08-22-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

You have mail! LES

Do you get paid right away with Amazon or do you have to wait until check arrives?
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 99%

I have a wide inventory to sell. Some more expensive than others. I might try it out. As Aspkin says, don't keep all your eggs in one basket. As for media, I have some, but the majority I steer clear of--way too many bootlegs and I'm a purist myself so I tend to think others will feel the same way.