do you pay your fees? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default do you pay your fees?

my paypal got limited the same day my ebay was mc0111. well paypal gave me the 180 day hold on over 3k. now after 2 weeks ebay finally tells me my selling days are gone but of course i can keep buying. well they tried to pull almost 600 off my paypal but obviously weren't able to since the limit from them. Do you guys pay when your stealth accounts are busted or do you tell them to eat a dick?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: do you pay your fees?

I pay my fees - you used the service, you pay the fees - be a professional tatted
Old 08-02-2016
Threadstarter  

I'm just asking lol. i know some people on here run a lot of accounts, just curious if you get canned from ebay and paypal limits your account do you pay them right away with another source of payment or wait until paypal releases your money or do you just walk away from the account and not pay it at all. ive seen people talk about their accounts going down with over 20k in paypal, so they would owe ebay a few thousand in fees so just curious if you pay those fees or not. i personally cant pay mine at the moment because of the paypal limit and i don't even have enough cash on me to pay them if i wanted to.
Old 08-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Of course you would pay fees, your account can only go up so far without paying the fees. What's the likelihood you sell 25000 worth of stuff and not pay any fees along the way.
Old 08-02-2016
Threadstarter  

no I'm sorry i didn't mean not pay fees and keep selling. I'm saying after your account has been banned from selling do you pay that last fee or just say screw it. ebay just restricted me and i then told me i still owe fees. i cant pay them because paypal put the 180 day hold on my money.
Old 08-02-2016

Longevity: 50%

I usuaslly don't pay, and instead I give the money to someone who needs it more than ebay.
However, if the amount is too important, and if they have the law with them, I would be careful
Old 08-02-2016
Threadstarter  

i was just curious. i told paypal and ebay that i needed the money to be released because my lady is unemployed and due in December and we have bills due and they didn't care so i figure in 6 months when i finally get my money i shouldn't care that they want it lol. while my account is good i always paid, no issue with that at all. but when they tell me i cant sell anymore and then paypal wants to part ways and hold my money it puts me in a really bad spot and makes me not care to make that final payment.
Old 08-03-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

50/50. If they ban an account then no. But as long as account is in good standing I do.

I hate it when I pay fees and 2 days later account is suspended.
Old 08-03-2016

Longevity: 47%

I used their service so I do pay it.
Old 08-03-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

If the account is in genuine details + they are still letting you buy, its worth paying fees and saving the account. They may let you sell again at a later stage.
Old 08-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

why would you expect ebay to care about your domestic situation.....whats it got to do with them?

Generally, for stealth addresses, I dont see why you should pay for fees until you get your money back, as your fees are in there amongst it. I pay fees out of my balance, not from anywhere seperate, so if I do not have a part of my money, the fees pertaining to that part are not payable until it is all in my possession.

In your situation, with real details, I assume if you are buying from there, they might chase you for the fees, so delaying them may not be the best tactic. you could wait and see if the chase it, up to you...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-03-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

If the account is in your real details you are certainly risking getting yourself put into a collection agency, potentially harming your credit score, not to mention being called my debt collectors
Old 08-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattedupmike View Post
i was just curious. i told paypal and ebay that i needed the money to be released because my lady is unemployed and due in December and we have bills due and they didn't care so i figure in 6 months when i finally get my money i shouldn't care that they want it lol. while my account is good i always paid, no issue with that at all. but when they tell me i cant sell anymore and then paypal wants to part ways and hold my money it puts me in a really bad spot and makes me not care to make that final payment.
Sadly, pp doesnt give a rat's a$$ about personal situations...they have heard them all :(
Old 08-04-2016
Threadstarter  

this account was my first stealth account. can still buy buy selling has been indefinitely suspended. i was just courious if people pay their fees on their accounts that get shut down.
Old 08-04-2016

Longevity: 65%

I say it depends. Are you the reason why it got suspended....if so, then pay the fees.

However, if it's one of those times when EB has a stick up it's A$$, and you were doing everything you were supposed to then hell no. Keep it all when your PP money becomes available.
Old 08-06-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I pay my fees - you used the service, you pay the fees - be a professional tatted
If a mechanic is working on my car, and half way through the process, while I've been paying them, takes back their parts, and leaves me with an undrivable car, and still wants me to pay them for the work they've done, they can eat a big sack of bricks.

You think ebay would care if THEY caused a problem, and ruined your business? Would they bring you back to normal, and pay the bills that you had to incur because they made a mistake? Yeah, NO.

Yeah they provided a service, but without sellers, their service is worthless. If they don't give a **** about me, I don't give a **** about them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
bornlazy (08-07-2016), jeanbean0109 (08-06-2016), lithium (08-20-2016), yaBeh8ater (08-06-2016)
Old 08-06-2016
MU

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
If a mechanic is working on my car, and half way through the process, while I've been paying them, takes back their parts, and leaves me with an undrivable car, and still wants me to pay them for the work they've done, they can eat a big sack of bricks.

You think ebay would care if THEY caused a problem, and ruined your business? Would they bring you back to normal, and pay the bills that you had to incur because they made a mistake? Yeah, NO.

Yeah they provided a service, but without sellers, their service is worthless. If they don't give a **** about me, I don't give a **** about them.
FTW...best comment speaking the truth ever!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanbean0109 For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-06-2016)
Old 08-14-2016

Longevity: 60%

If I get banned for no reason or because a **** ass competitor got me suspended, then I don't pay my fees and if I feel extra salty, will go through paypal and open an item not received case on the fees I did pay to get them back.

I'm jaded though as ebay is becoming so cut throat with sellers messing up other's accounts for a few dollars.
Old 08-14-2016

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by irahs View Post
If I get banned for no reason or because a **** ass competitor got me suspended, then I don't pay my fees and if I feel extra salty, will go through paypal and open an item not received case on the fees I did pay to get them back.

I'm jaded though as ebay is becoming so cut throat with sellers messing up other's accounts for a few dollars.
Wouldn't your PayPal be locked anyways? o.o
Old 08-19-2016

The simple answer is yes, just get a prepaid card and load the amount needed on it then pay your fees and throw the card away or close it would be better.

But if ebay closed you for no reason then well.. maybe, but if you didn't use real info anyway then nothing will come of it, I never used my real info on ebay anyway... But if you're selling high ticket items $1000+ then yea you're probably going to get shot down quickly especially if you sell a lot of the same item (say it was a pre-order for example)
Old 08-20-2016

Longevity: 45%

Just know that if you don't pay those monopolists, noone is going to sleep hungry because of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to lithium For This Useful Post:
irahs (08-24-2016)
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

thank you sir for not being a puzzy.

would like to frame this and put it in my bedroom
The Following User Says Thank You to salemzaid1 For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-22-2016)