quick question about address and paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-16-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default quick question about address and paypal

I have a new confirmed account... added bank info this morning,,, and things are going well so far... PP has put a hold on most of the payments I recieved, which is good news to me because they release the hold as soon as they get delivery confirmation and positive feedback on ebay... this is something that didnt happen last time and they flagged my account ...

Anyhow , I bought a few hundred dollars worth of thigns on ebay this week, and one of the sellers sent me an email and said my addy with the USPS is invalid ,so I gave her my correct address , which is the same street address ( new, never been associated with PP until I opened this account) And I went into PP and changed the zip code and added it as a gift address... It is the same street address as my confirmed address , just a different zip code and city... So PP now has two addresses for me , both are the same street address , with a different zip code and city. But I did this bc when the seller goes in to print her label , all she would have to change is the zip , or they will see that I added it as a gift address, and maybe they wont catch it? or maybe I am worried for nothing?

This has happened to me before... I switched the zip in order to recieve things I ordered ... And they limited me within 24 hours , BUT it was bc I used an address on a new account that was the primary on an account that had been busted.. .

Thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2009
Threadstarter  

I think im going to take the new address off and just let the seller change my city and zip when she prints the label... and see what happens....
Old 03-16-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Well as you found out with your last account, whatever address you give PayPal, they keep and can use it against you. It doesn't matter if it's just the gift address either.

So that new addrress that you were trying to protect, you might as well use it now with your account because PayPal already has it in their system.
Old 03-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Now they are screwing with me ...

I have used this new account very little , and let my money sit there, I have about $300, all of which has a temp hold on it , they left about $400 for me to use , without holding it ... which I have used to pay for ebay items and I did transfer $40 to my bank today. NOW I have a negative available balance because they reversed a 10.00 payment from a buyer and sent it to "resoution center" to be reviewed. This product had been shipped and should be recieved tomorrow by the buyer.. why are they doing this? This was not initiated by the buyer , it was done by Paypal.
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I dont put any alternate addresses on anything. I just communicate with the seller and tell them not to ship to the address on file and give them the correct shipping address. Works everytime.
Old 03-18-2009

I have just started selling under my first fictitious name and address account. I understand asking anyone I buy from to ship to a different real address.

But I am confused as to how I can get money out of this account other than making purchases on ebay.

In additiona, I guess I need to keep my sales under $500 a month as that is where paypal puts limits on?
Old 03-18-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

If you add a bank account to your paypal then you can withdraw money just like your real account. If you also add a Virtual credit card then your $500 limit will be removed.
Old 03-18-2009

Thanks so much! it never occurred to me I could withdraw to my real account from the fictitious name paypal account. That changes everything! I have added the VCC card already, but put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bank account number in paypal. I will have to change it to a real new bank account number. I do appreciate it, lakeman!
Old 03-19-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

No problem.:D some banks may question money coming in from a different name, I use BOA and they haven't said anything yet.
Old 03-19-2009

Off to BOA I go..............details like what banks have been successful for us are so great. I do appreciate it!

I am planning on paying my ebay fees each month at this point, as I need to build my real business back up. But was wondering for those that do not, that never pay ebay fees, and just create a new account every month, does having a real bank account attached to paypal open the door to ebay coming after me for the fees, or is my privacy protected?
Old 03-19-2009

if theres no money in the account they can't do anything
and banks don't give your details out so it's all good
Old 03-19-2009

I disagree, they can do something. They can make your bank account go negative. HWGA just posted about this yesterday.

If the account gets suspended, I would immediately close the bank account, UNLESS your paypal/ebay is in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and you have money in your paypal account. If that happens you will need to leave your bank account open for the 180 days so you can withdraw the money at the end of the 180 days.
Old 03-19-2009

when you open a bank account for ebay

say to them that you don't want overdraft on the bank account and you won't have a problem

banks sometime do unexpected overdrafts but the most they go to is about £10-15

and ebay fees are in ££££
Old 03-19-2009

That may be possible, I haven't tried it. I am in the U.S, and my banks fees are a little higher, $25 for overdraft.
Old 03-19-2009

if you don't have overdraft on a uk bank account your safe
Old 03-19-2009

Thanks for your help. I was concerned about them pursuing through the bank to find out the real owner of the accounts info and then hitting my credit report with it. And about legal ramifications of borderline false identity.

I have already experienced ebay pushing money onto a credit card that pushed my account close to a thousand dollars over the limit, and that was on a live account. Big penalties to pay on the credit card and pushed me to a 35% interest rate on the credit card. Devastating. So now when I got suspended (this is my first time), I closed the bank account and called the credit card companies to tell them I lost my cards and need them reissued. Ebay did already attempt to hit the credit card but thank god it was declined as it was around $3,000.

Be careful though, my bank has told me that if someone does an electronic transfer, even if it makes the account very negative, it will most likely get paid by them. And overdraft is not a factor in that. Makes me smart now to never leave ebay with a working account they can hurt.

My paypal account is still live, and I still have full access to it and its funds. I was told it will not be closed or restricted by paypal.