PayPal "your account is limited" HELP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default PayPal "your account is limited" HELP?

Hi,

So I just got done selling a few auctions on eBay.

These are vintage electronics items. Very old 2 items which sold for around $3000 total. One $2300 and one $850

And then boom PayPal sends me an email saying my account is limited I cant withdraw send or anything until I send them a ton of stuff.

All of this stuff

Upload a photo ID
Provide proof of your address (I can do)
Provide credit card statement (gift card?)
Provide Supplier Information (vintage items???)
Provide proof of your SSN (I can do)
Provide shipment info (I am not shipping it unless I know I can fix this)
Provide invoice (cant do because off CL)
Provide information on account activity (I can do)

Half of this stuff is impossible for me to do because I don't even have invoice or supplier information. The items are 90+ years old? I got them on craigslist.

Also I made the account using a visa gift card.

Any ideas or should I just refund the buyers and close the account and try again?

This is very frustrating :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2016

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco
Default Re: PayPal "your account is limited" HELP?

Tristanmerch... this is normal. If you dont send in all the documents they ask for. YOU WILL have to wait 180 days ( 6 months ) to get that money. your 1st mistake was selling Electronics if your account is not well established. your 2nd mistake. thats tooooo much money to fast into one paypal account. you should have spread these items across at least 3 accounts. if you havent shipped the items yet. refunding may be another option.

Welcome to Stealth My Friend!!!
Old 08-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Should I try to supply this information? Is there any chance they will put my account back into regular standing?

Also does this mean I cant use this eBay account?

Thanks for your help
Old 08-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

I would call paypal first to see what they would say when you explain the situation to them.
Dont hold your breath or get your hopes up as it is most likely the account is lost but at this point you dont have anything to lose and if you get the right rep on the phone then perhaps something can be done about it.
Old 08-24-2016

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanmerch View Post
Should I try to supply this information? Is there any chance they will put my account back into regular standing?

Also does this mean I cant use this eBay account?

Thanks for your help
Yes if you want the limitation lifted off that account give them all the documents they ask for. If you cant provide ALL of those documents for paypal. YOU WILL have to wait 180 days (6months). Paypal is Strict!! and you wont be able to talk yourself out of this with a phone call believe me I KNOW!

as far as your ebay account... ITS DEAD! start over with new info, new paypal and New ebay.. dont try connecting new Paypals with old ebays your going to be even more frustrated believe me I KNOW! start over you need more accounts and take it a little bit slower!
Old 08-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all your help.

I only sell high end vintage electronics unfortunately. Usually $1000-20,000 per item.

Do you think in the future I should just sell items in the $10-50 range (small electronics) for the first month? Or how long do you think? 2-3 months?

Also should I bother trying to submit my SSN and other items to PayPal or should I just wait the 6 months? Would sending them detailed information link my PayPal account to future accounts? Or do they not link based on SSN?

Sorry for all the questions.
You guys are the best!

Thanks so much,
-Tristan
Old 08-25-2016

Longevity: 59%

Your SSN will link accounts. If all that they are requesting is not worth your while, refund your buyers and use another stealth account that is aged and ready for these items you are selling.
Old 08-26-2016

Longevity: 46%

why don't you go to office depot or office max and buy one of those receipt forms and make a receipt for the 2 items you just sold lol. shouldn't be hard to do if its just 2 items.
Old 08-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Sadly, when you get a laundry list form paypal to fulfill...your chances are actually decreased for reinstatement :( lots of stories about paypal still denying reinstatement even though all steps were done - i'm just saying fyi OP
Old 08-26-2016

Longevity: 53%

Paypal has been going hard on people lately. i dont know what is up
Old 08-28-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Even just a year ago if I called in and spoke with someone reasonable, explaining a situation or complication, and point to a spotless seller record and perfect transaction history on a pp account that was flagged and limited, there was a 2 in 3 chance they'd remove the limitations if there wasn't really a basis to be on there, even if sometimes it was lifted only temporarily to get them the info when it was easier for me.

Now, in the last few months I have never had any success, no matter the reason or amount or who I spoke to. I definitely think that a lot of internal rules have changed there in the past year or so, and less is left up to the discretion of individual CS reps or their supervisors.