Setting up an account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 08-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Setting up an account

I'll try to make this short as possible;

How would you set up your 1st ever et-sy account, considering all the things you've learned about stealth?

I want it to be maximum legit, and hope for it to last, as I will not sell high risk items. I'd like to keep stealth as backup solution.

Here's what I'm thinking of: make new e-mail for et-sy and connect that e-mail to pay-pal for receiving payments. For making payments I would use Visa prepaid/gift card.
Is this a way to go and a good base for eventual future stealth? And if the shop gets suspended somehow, just following the steps from book and connecting new e-mail to same pay-pal will be enough?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2016

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Setting up an account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I'll try to make this short as possible;

How would you set up your 1st ever et-sy account, considering all the things you've learned about stealth?

I want it to be maximum legit, and hope for it to last, as I will not sell high risk items. I'd like to keep stealth as backup solution.

Here's what I'm thinking of: make new e-mail for et-sy and connect that e-mail to pay-pal for receiving payments. For making payments I would use Visa prepaid/gift card.
Is this a way to go and a good base for eventual future stealth? And if the shop gets suspended somehow, just following the steps from book and connecting new e-mail to same pay-pal will be enough?

Hi Groucho,

I'm not sure what it's like for you since I don't know where you are based exactly, but here in the UK and many other places, Et.sy no longer runs on paypal, it's all direct checkout.

As long as you follow all the stealth guidelines you will be fine, and of course if you are are unsure just ask. Make sure you are using a new profile on your computer, new IP, new images etc.

Try and be as thorough as possible before going ahead, I can't imagine multiple attempts at a new Et.sy being a good thing
Old 08-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you for answering.

I checked, and I'll be fine with pay-pal, no direct checkout needed.

So you think making new mail for et-sy and connecting that mail to paypal, while making payments with prepaid/gift card is a way to go? Does paying that way gonna raise some flags?

And more important, if account gets suspended, can I use same pay-pal with new e-mail for making new account? Or I will must make everything new, no matter what steps I take now?
Old 08-12-2016

Longevity: 51%

You don't have to make payments from a card, the card is required but you dont have to use it. You can pay your et.sy bill from your pay.pal or from your direct checkout if you apply for it

If you start another Et.sy, use brand new details for everything, do not have the same paypal.
Old 08-12-2016
Threadstarter  

OK, so then I'll act like I don't know **** about stealth. Slowly building like every new user would. If it gets suspended, I'll be back for a book and more info.
Old 08-17-2016

Hi I am trying to do the same, As my shop was suspended I will have:
New email address
New paypal address
New bank card registered to different address from my previous account but still same name ( i plan to change the name a bit when putting details for direct checkout, Does anyone think this will be ok?)
New user profile on laptop
Dongle for different ip address
I am based in the UK can anyone else think of anything else i need to do or if i'm doing anything wrong?
Thanks
Old 08-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

caddy,

you HAVE TO be very slow. Lets say you plan to sell 150 items..

Start with 5 items with uprofessional photos.

Dont use tags, shop policiy, etc...

Just put 5 items on startup.

Then come back after 3 days. Put your tags and make unique titles with your own words. Put your tags. Put a logo, cover photo and update your shop policy. Do not put additional items.

On the 5th or 6th day, come back and put around 15 items more... Then play with your shop, make your shop sections, make shipping profiles, etc..

In conclusion, what I learned in the last 15 days of my Etsy stealth project is that you have to behave like an idiot. Be slow.. Make mistakes.. Be unprofessional..

You have to behave like a real new user. I sold on ebay and etsy both. I had 5 ebay stealths in the past and worked perfect.. Paypal stopped its operations in Turkey and that is why I stopped ebay.. I can say that Etsy is much harder than ebay. Their bots are very sensitive.

Cihan
Old 08-18-2016

Hi Cihan,
Thanks for the info i will follow and hopefully it will work and i will let you know if it works
Old 08-28-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Hi all..i'm new member
just wonder..is it etsy have their office or person contact in all over world?

anyway i'm from malaysia
Old 09-03-2016

Sorry but i have a question, i am setting up a new account with new name new address, new user on comp, dongle for new ip address, new email address and new bank details (same name as previous closed account but registered to new address), my question is does it matter if the registered address on the bank info will be different to the address im going to use for the new account?
Thanks