Problems getting a ein online - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Problems getting a ein online

Went through all the questions llc just me as the only person my address and at the end i get a error and to call in .. Did i do something wrong in the process
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Problems getting a ein online

Probably. Do you already have an EIN?

Pretty sure you're only able to get one single-member LLC EIN. The IRS treats a single member LLC the same as a sole proprietorship, which you can only have one of.

https://www.myllc.com/single-member-llc.aspx
Old 09-02-2016

Longevity: 44%

I was having problems all week, 101 error or 109

It finally worked... I think its on their side, keep trying
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

anyone have several eins care to shed sum lite .. I know i got a couple but its been long time since i had the need for one . I usually just park it but this one is rocking along and on the verge of ein restriction
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

How many eins you all got ?
Old 09-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I have 4 but only use 3.

What type of EIN were you trying to get?

The last time I tried to get one, I kept getting error messages because I was trying to make one of my existing companies the responsible party for the new company. It's doable because you're allowed to put another EIN in that field, but I wasn't able to complete the application until I took out that EIN and put my SSN. I think it had something to do with the type of LLC I was forming and the type of LLC I already had. I have no idea if that's whats causing your problem though because you haven't given any details.

I can say with 99% certainty the error message you keep getting is being caused by you. You said "just me as the only person" so I'm assuming you're either trying to get a single member LLC or a sole proprietorship. Either of which you are only allowed one of.
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I have 4 but only use 3.

What type of EIN were you trying to get?

The last time I tried to get one, I kept getting error messages because I was trying to make one of my existing companies the responsible party for the new company. It's doable because you're allowed to put another EIN in that field, but I wasn't able to complete the application until I took out that EIN and put my SSN. I think it had something to do with the type of LLC I was forming and the type of LLC I already had. I have no idea if that's whats causing your problem though because you haven't given any details.

I can say with 99% certainty the error message you keep getting is being caused by you. You said "just me as the only person" so I'm assuming you're either trying to get a single member LLC or a sole proprietorship. Either of which you are only allowed one of.

OO well then thats the problem yes i was try to do a single person llc yes i do already have one like that .. So i just need to do a mulit memeber llc and that should do it then ? ALSO I have never messed with filing articles with the state . I DO always pay taxes for what i have earned .. Is filing with the state a must ?? thanks to btw
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
OO well then thats the problem yes i was try to do a single person llc yes i do already have one like that .. So i just need to do a mulit memeber llc and that should do it then ? ALSO I have never messed with filing articles with the state . I DO always pay taxes for what i have earned .. Is filing with the state a must ?? thanks to btw
That did it neeeded to be multi member .. LLC
now the question of filing articles of organization with the state or??/
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Crap i got my ein today rushed to pp to enter and guess what they locked it this morning .. My luck i tell you .. Anyways says must upgrade to biz account and wont let me because its limited .. IS the only way to proceed for here is to call or is there a work around >? Seems like i remember reading that i can just put in the ein as a ssn or was that wrong ?

Also this has a google voice number linked to pp if i make a call using GV forwarded to my cell do they see the GV number and my cell or only the GV number ? I know "my caller id " shows the GV number but pp has a better caller id than i do sooooo? thanks for helping
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

I called in from payphone to be safe he added ein all is well. The thing left to ponder is it a must to file articles of organization with the state or can i just change mind after getting ein and decide not to go into biz?
Old 09-03-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Went through all the questions llc just me as the only person my address and at the end i get a error and to call in .. Did i do something wrong in the process

If you ever try to login and fail 6+ times, you will be blocked for two hours.
So try a couple times max change your PW and you shouldn't trigger the auto block.

Thank You
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I called in from payphone to be safe he added ein all is well. The thing left to ponder is it a must to file articles of organization with the state or can i just change mind after getting ein and decide not to go into biz?
You need to file with your state.

How would you file taxes for a business which doesn't exist?
Old 09-03-2016
Threadstarter  

I dont break the 20k so no 1099 I just add all the stealth income together and go and say i made x amount with my online sales .. Wud seem fishy if i said i had 83 online businesses I wud think
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Do you think it seems fishy for Warren Buffet to have several thousand businesses?

What is the point in adding an EIN if you are not going to exceed the 20K/200 transaction limit? Why add it at all? Just run it till 200 and 20K and then it will get locked until next year...No need to add an EIN.
Old 09-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Do you think it seems fishy for Warren Buffet to have several thousand businesses?

What is the point in adding an EIN if you are not going to exceed the 20K/200 transaction limit? Why add it at all? Just run it till 200 and 20K and then it will get locked until next year...No need to add an EIN.
Cause i get to about 5k then it locks up if no ein is entered ..
I mean i do have a couple main accounts
that i get a yearly 1099 50k or better thats before deductions lol..
so how did the move go ? any device not recognized problems ? ? Was it a small move orr .. I am a thinkin about relocating to fl from ca No humidity to too much lol
Old 09-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Haha I don't know if Yankee also moved, but my move wasn't all that bad. We only moved about 50 miles but it was a major struggle getting all of our orders shipped out on time for about 2 weeks.

As for the ISP switch, no issues whatsoever. As some people suggested, all of my cookies stayed in tact (since I'm using the same PC) and all that changed was my IP, so EB/PP didn't really care it seems. Phew!
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Lol it was probably you that was moving glad to hear all is well ..
Old 09-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

I move ALL THE TIME. Some weeks I will be operating business one place and the next day be 1500 miles away. Never any issues ever unless I have no cell service and have to use a VPN. Then sometimes small issues come up.
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

I use dsl at home mifi when on the road .. i log in and out of eb without issue .. PP i logged in on the road and got the device not reconized .Liucky i had the phone connected so unlocked it without issue . So i do everything i can not to log into pp when traveling ...
Yankee still no luck adding a bank ? gotta be more to this than pp just going to keep everyones funds that dont have a active bank after 180 rite ?
Old 09-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Dont have time to mess with it but the last time I checked(couple weeks) still have the last five accounts with no ability to add bank or request a check. I have not called.

The one account with the most amount of money asks me to answer security questions. They are NOT the questions used when I set up the account. No option to call in but same thing, I am sure I will get ot sorted when I have time to mess with it. Right now it is my Christmas season, so sales and inventory are my only concerns for the next two weeks. Then it will be hunting and employee management from a treestand.
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

You would think there would have been many threads on this :(