Don't immediately freak out over a suspension. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Don't immediately freak out over a suspension.

I had an incident where a new account which had not bought or sold anything was suspended a couple of months ago. This sort of thing has happened a time or two before, so I called and the 1st person told me there was nothing they could do at all ever forever gofudgeyourself. They couldn't tell me what the problem was either. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who's never available. Two days later, I called again. Same result. Next day, new person, quick review, quick escalation to supervisor. If you don't get one the 1st or 2nd time, don't quit. Give them some time, a day or two, & call back. I finally reached someone who wanted to verify all of the information used to sign up. If you're buying accounts, like I do, be sure they give you ALL of the information. (Quick shout out to Speeder33 for some good accounts!!!) After that I received an apology, some BS about protecting safety blowtorch paper nightingales. I stopped listening. My account was restored and personally verified. Job Done.

So it can be done in some circumstances. I won't go into depth about the others, but don't immediately freak. Social engineering can work, but if you don't put up a fight at all, nobody's going to fight for you. Just be polite, demand answers, and don't accept nothing as an answer. If you hit a wall, don't poo on the person you're speaking with. Just politely end the conversation and call back. Operator roulette is your friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewOldStockBoy For This Useful Post:
Othmane (09-08-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2016

Default Re: Don't immediately freak out over a suspension.

In this same vein, I got a 0/0 status on a new account. So I called and was told "I can't seem to find you anywhere". Then I was asked "did you recently move to the country?". Meanwhile my perfect english wasn't a tip off, I went ahead and said "yes". I got thru the call and was given a 10/500 limit.

Since we're making accounts, often with names from the ether, what's the right way to respond to this "cant find you anywhere" question?
Old 09-08-2016
Threadstarter  

I've never had that happen, but the SOP of stealth applies and should save you even if the support staffer isn't too bright or cooperative. The best thing to do in any situation is done when you're making the account, or information gathering once you've purchased one. Any information you used should be noted. If you bought, got through the account information you received and reference the information on the accounts online themselves. Take notes on everything. Dates of birth, creation, account verification questions, everything and anything. I also make sure to know my 'age' and 'sign'. I have had a supervisor ask if I was a Sagittarius once. Just do some thinking and have answers to questions at the ready when you call. Then, if they can't find you, you can spit out creation data until they can.

Also, keep notes for anything. It's tedious, but they are keeping notes too. I record all calls. Update your data, but keep all of your old data. It's not a big deal to do and can save you if something didn't get saved properly during an update or whatever. The data from the past can be really useful. Kill some internet trees and take notes.
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 80%

Yeah, I've had numerous issues, including suspensions where after calling several times a rep decided to fix the problem that the other rep wouldnt...