Tutorial: How to turn a VPS into VPN (to be used for stealth) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-10-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 48%
Post Tutorial: How to turn a VPS into VPN (to be used for stealth)

After sharing my previous guide on how to set up a virtual machine on VirtualBox, I decided to make this step by step PDF tutorial (with screen shots) on how you can turn a VPS into a VPN and use it for your stealth account.

In this tutorial, I used SoftEther VPN Open Source on a CentOS VPS.

I hope you will find it useful

Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?hal9zb2by4ad18n

You can also see How to create a Virtual Machine, in case you never used one
Mini-Guide: How to Set up Virtual Machines for Stealth Accounts
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Othmane For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (09-12-2016), Heshl (09-12-2016), Kimsa (11-14-2018), matalbd (11-18-2017), minhtr (08-11-2019), nate (09-10-2016), RR2 (09-12-2016), Uniq (10-02-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Tutorial: How to turn a VPS into VPN (to be used for stealth)

Nice post for those of us learning about virtual machines and vmware
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Othmane (09-10-2016)
Old 09-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%

Very nice tutorial. Anyone can do it even with basic Linux skills.
The Following User Says Thank You to RR2 For This Useful Post:
Othmane (09-12-2016)
Old 10-10-2016

Longevity: 46%

going to check it.
Old 08-15-2018

Longevity: 33%

I think it is nicely done, but I am missing the bigger picture. What did you accomplish; what is the business case for establishing your own VPN server? Avoiding $100 per year for the service? If that is the case, I get it now.
Old 08-15-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

Your impressing me now... Pulling this thread out of the depths.... Now your on the right track.... I can tell your hungry for knowledge...

99% of stealthers don't realize how easy it truly is to build your own VPN. Or they end up getting spooked off by reading that you have to find some magical IP that's "fresh"... All you have to do is find a server provider that isnt too well known.. Servers are used for a lot more things than just VPN's. This website for example is ran in a container on a server that could be used to run VPN software, it'd be over kill, but it would run it.

I probably knew about as much as you do right now when Othmane started this thread.

I didn't act on it right away... I was intimidated... Instead I used his VMware guide and learned everything I could about VMware... Then I started experimenting with Linux in VMware using a command line... But when I finely did use the info he freely gave away in this thread... it sparked off a chain of events that lead me to where I am today.

So to answer your question.... You own your server... You set it up... You can set up all the security protecting it. You know for a fact no one is looking at your data packets. You can make sure the server doesn't have any logs. You can make sure the server isnt connected to you in any kind of way... You know for a fact your block of IP's isn't only being used for EB & PP stealth... You save $100+ per account per year... Any time you want you can rent another server and build your self a VPN using what ever protocol you want... In any country on the face of the planet... Now do you see the BIG picture?

Let me also drop this little bit of knowledge...

A VMware guest is the exact same concept as a VPS. Only the VPS (guest) is running on a dedicated server in a data center... A VMware guest is running on a dedicated server in front of you. So if you wanted to practice setting up a server running CentOS with VPN software, you could test the install first on VMware. Obviously it wouldnt change your IP but it would give you confidence before trying to deploy on a production server.

Last edited by nate; 08-15-2018 at 01:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
Othmane (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Your impressing me now... Pulling this thread out of the depths.... Now your on the right track.... I can tell your hungry for knowledge...

99% of stealthers don't realize how easy it truly is to build your own VPN. Or they end up getting spooked off by reading that you have to find some magical IP that's "fresh"... All you have to do is find a server provider that isnt too well known.. Servers are used for a lot more things than just VPN's. This website for example is ran in a container on a server that could be used to run VPN software, it'd be over kill, but it would run it.

I probably knew about as much as you do right now when Othmane started this thread.

I didn't act on it right away... I was intimidated... Instead I used his VMware guide and learned everything I could about VMware... Then I started experimenting with Linux in VMware using a command line... But when I finely did use the info he freely gave away in this thread... it sparked off a chain of events that lead me to where I am today.

So to answer your question.... You own your server... You set it up... You can set up all the security protecting it. You know for a fact no one is looking at your data packets. You can make sure the server doesn't have any logs. You can make sure the server isnt connected to you in any kind of way... You know for a fact your block of IP's isn't only being used for EB & PP stealth... You save $100+ per account per year... Any time you want you can rent another server and build your self a VPN using what ever protocol you want... In any country on the face of the planet... Now do you see the BIG picture?

Let me also drop this little bit of knowledge...

A VMware guest is the exact same concept as a VPS. Only the VPS (guest) is running on a dedicated server in a data center... A VMware guest is running on a dedicated server in front of you. So if you wanted to practice setting up a server running CentOS with VPN software, you could test the install first on VMware. Obviously it wouldnt change your IP but it would give you confidence before trying to deploy on a production server.
I have some knowledge in server administration and networking protocols, but have never really delved into virtual machines. I know from reading that virtualizing servers is all the rage in IT environments, but never really looked into it. It is quite interesting. Similar to remote access, but remoting into a virtual box. It starts my mind thinking... why now just put virtual machines on the cloud. AWS, Google, Azure, all I am sure can do that as a service. Might not be economical, but worth a discussion