It was a good run.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default It was a good run....

well guys I think if you known my history on here aspkin helped me get back on line, but I think ebay has some kind of upgraded computer system they suspsended me claiming I was linked to an older ebay account all the way back from 2000. They must have servers that have a memory of an elephant I swear LOL.....I guess I gotta figure how to get back on again. It took them one year to ban me. From my understanding it seems they just keep banning you if they find you even remotely linked to an old account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2007

Longevity: 96%

any idea how they linked you?
Old 08-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1 View Post
any idea how they linked you?
no idea anymore I know I had to reset my router and modem a couple times maybe when i accidently resetted it went back to an original IP address that was connected to my older account that was banned. I accidently paid my fees (dumb me) of 40 dollars.
Old 08-21-2007

boy those ip address are not an easy thing to deal with! i think i am just going to plug in the phone line and use dial up when i need to log in to ebay or paypal. it will take much more time, but better safe than sorry
Old 08-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1 View Post
boy those ip address are not an easy thing to deal with! i think i am just going to plug in the phone line and use dial up when i need to log in to ebay or paypal. it will take much more time, but better safe than sorry
LOL..yeah you can do that...too slow for me though.
Old 08-21-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

You sure did have a good run Rapunzel. Are you ready to start again?

Haha, at least I know why users come back randomly.
Old 08-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You sure did have a good run Rapunzel. Are you ready to start again?

Haha, at least I know why users come back randomly.
yeah not yet though its frustrating when you get banned you get hurt emotionaly, but after about 3 hours I probably reset my IP address and what not buy some items and sell some items again I still have junk to get rid of after spending too much on a 3 month vacation.
on a side note I just read modees PP and ebay link message hmm....I think during the last month or so I logged into my paypal account from ebay to pay for some items wonder if they got the link together....naw.....becase they sent me a message about my old account name.
Old 08-21-2007

Well I got booted about three weeks ago right after paying me seller fees through PP. I too, was linked to an ols account that got VeRO'd a year ago. Am I seeing some similarities here?

Pay ebay seller fees by signing into PP from EB.

Have your payment accepted and receive a sweet thank you from EB

Go to resume surfing on EB and find out you have been banned for being associated with a previously banned account from a year earlier.

Hmmm
Old 08-21-2007

Did you pay from an old PP account that was once linked to your suspended eBay? How do you think they linked you back?
Old 08-21-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Well I got booted about three weeks ago right after paying me seller fees through PP. I too, was linked to an ols account that got VeRO'd a year ago. Am I seeing some similarities here?

Pay ebay seller fees by signing into PP from EB.

Have your payment accepted and receive a sweet thank you from EB

Go to resume surfing on EB and find out you have been banned for being associated with a previously banned account from a year earlier.

Hmmm
Why dont you all just do a 1 time payment? You dont have to log into paypal if you do this..
Old 08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Why dont you all just do a 1 time payment? You dont have to log into paypal if you do this..
I think that is how I did it in the past, but wasn't thinking...late at night.

Are you saying Chris that if we do a "one time payment" and the email on the PP account isn't on EB "banned" list we'll be ok?

This might be a silly question, but can you do a one time payment each time you fees are due?

Does one time payment simply mean, non automatic and manually entered.

Sorry if these are entry level questions.
Old 08-22-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by siveru7 View Post
Did you pay from an old PP account that was once linked to your suspended eBay? How do you think they linked you back?
the only thing I can think of is that the IP address got changed to the address of the old account when I was setting up my wireless setup many times..who nows. IM gonna try again today.
Old 08-22-2007

I've come to a point where I don't do any serious business related to ebay or paypal when I'm tired or sleepy anymore. Have to be on the ball when you're dealing with those guys and too many late night "oops!" sessions.
Old 08-22-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
I think that is how I did it in the past, but wasn't thinking...late at night.

Are you saying Chris that if we do a "one time payment" and the email on the PP account isn't on EB "banned" list we'll be ok?

This might be a silly question, but can you do a one time payment each time you fees are due?

Does one time payment simply mean, non automatic and manually entered.

Sorry if these are entry level questions.

When you do a one time payment you dont have to log into any paypal account. when you click the pay button it will take you to the payment page and all you have to do is enter your credit card info and use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email. Its as simple as that
Old 08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by siveru7 View Post
I am reasonably sure that after being sent to PP through the EB link I typed in (or Windows auto-completed) the old address that was associated with the banned account and the email used for the banned account showed up (another stupid mistake is I had the same password for both, also the same PW for both EB accts) as the payment sender.

My bad I guess. The email addys were the exact same except for the domain name...making it easy to confuse...especially late at night.

From now on I am going to keep the email addys and user IDs very different from one another
Old 08-22-2007

Chris, assuming that the cc information is legit not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, wouldn't ebay be able to see that info too when you make the one time payment? Do you use the same CC you registered on the eb account to make the payment for simplicity's sake? Or have you used others with no problems? Of course it all revolves around whether they can actually access your information when you make the one time payment. Apparently they can with paypal to some degree.

I'm sure you know this already but I'll go ahead and state for the benefit of everyone--Ebay accepts one time payments from CC and paypal.
Old 08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm sure you know this already but I'll go ahead and state for the benefit of everyone--Ebay accepts one time payments from CC and paypal.
Obviously the PP account can't use an email already banned by EB?

If you add a new email ex: "mynew⊗⊗⊗⊗email@whatevermail.com" and successfully start a new account on EB with it and then add it to PP which previously had emails used on EB accounts which have since been banned, but are now removed from PP could you use PP on EB with the new email?

Also is there a way to automatically have ebay deduct your user fees from PP once you have "snuck back in"? I'm thinking this way to avoid maybe mis-entering your info like I think I did that got me banned.
Old 08-22-2007
Executive [VIP]

I remember it took me 3 months to finaly get on ebay, now I know all its tricks>,< it was hell!
Old 08-23-2007

DFB - unless things have changed recently, yes you can. Use an email never suspended, never on a paypal account you have previously linked to a suspended account.