My website has been doing horrible, any advice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 09-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default My website has been doing horrible, any advice?

I recently bit the bullet and started a dropshipping business. Its called PuppyVault. Its a shopify store that I started. When I tried to go get Facebook and Google ads they both banned me for suspicion so now I'm stuck with simply SEO. I might be able to get Adwords working by contacting ppcexpress (which I will), but FB ads seems like it will stay banned.

It is a company that sells dog products. Not really food, but the physical items you'll probably need for your dog. I really needed another source of income so this is my first try. I have set up my Facebook and Instagram page, and they ARE gaining a lot of followers right now actually. My ultimate goal is to get $500 of profit per day (hard feat).

I'm stuck. I know there are some improvements I could have for my site, better SEO keys, maybe images, some layout and design, but I feel like that's the the fundamental issue. I guess its traffic?... I made some reddit ads that are getting little to no clicks and absolutely no conversions. Is this "niche" saturated?

I just need help, what would you tell someone like me to go from here?

ANY advice would be much appreciated. My site is puppyvault.com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2016

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: My website has been doing horrible, any advice?

- you sell only 21 prroducts
- your have only one blog post, and it talks about your shop , it looks more like an "about us" page. your blog post should have minimum 1500 words, and must be relevant about your nich
- descriptions of your products are too short
- there is no "faq" ,no "payment & shipping terms", no "contact us"
- no links to social media, no facebook like button
- Have you made a deep search for your keywords ?
- dogs don't have internet and they are poor because they sleep all day

you should first improve on page seo, and then buy some good backlinks.
Good luck
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (09-23-2016), LSD (09-21-2016), MM78 (09-19-2016), newjerseymax (10-26-2016), rsot (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Sounds like an indepth analysis TOOKNAPA
Old 09-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Wow, thanks for the feedback TOOKNAPA.

I'm going to be adding more products tomorrow. It seems like everyone I've talked to has been saying I need to fix that ASAP.

In terms of the blog, I'm going to kinda of convert it to a dogs talk. So like top 10 things for dogs bla bla bla and moneitize it to sell stuff on my own site of course.

I agree the descriptions are kinda of vague and bad. So, I'll try and improve that tomorrow as well.

In terms of the FAQ and Contact Us. I just got the plugin for that and I'll also address that soon as well.

Agree on the Social Media, will add that soon. Easy five minute fix.

No, I haven't made a deep search for that. I'm honestly new to the SEO scene so I'll research that ASAP.

I hired someone on Fiverr to do the backlinks and some SEO for me. I'm guessing it's not the highest quality so I plan on getting better SEO services (top rated).

So is that all? I'm guessing this fix will take 2-4 days max. I'm very quick on suggestions so once again thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it. Does anyone else see any issues with my site if these issues are fixed? Does it need to be redesigned? Also will Adsense help my site?

Thanks SO MUCH again. As a newbie to this kind of thing, feedback is so helpful.

Last edited by pikachu10; 09-19-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2016

Longevity: 70%

I set up a website on Shopify in a niche that my wife is interested in about 18 months ago. I deal with the website and orders, she does the whoring.

Since I don't get involved with promo for the store, its easy for me to see that the amount of orders coming in is directly related to the amount of promo my wife does talking to people in that niche on Facebook and Twitter so get on that for sure. Sadly she doesn't always have the time for this so orders come in waves.

Also, if you can get back on Facebook ads run a competition (read the rules first, its not as simple as it seems, you know - what you can and can't ask of your entrants etc..) We have had good results from this.

Hope that helps.

It's nice to see someone willing to learn and listen to advice rather than getting defensive!
Old 09-19-2016

Longevity: 68%

Banned from facebook for dog products? wtf? lol facebook sucks then.
The Following User Says Thank You to astralman For This Useful Post:
UKGiftWarranty (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Find influencers in the dog niche.. and give away some products to them for reviews or just for free with a referral to their followers.

Leverage influencers, especially on Instagram and YouTube if possible.

SEO is a long term play. Just keep plugging away at it.

As for paid ads.. why would Facebook ban you? Same with adwords?
Old 09-19-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool customer View Post
I set up a website on Shopify in a niche that my wife is interested in about 18 months ago. I deal with the website and orders, she does the whoring.
wrong choice of words
Old 09-19-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 44%

Ive had this alot with Facebook, its to do with your card payments. Very often when a card rejects it wont let you try again with the same card and its touch and go whenever you add a new one. Its very very frustrating.
Just try a new payment method- it is the card thats the problem- not the advert for sure.
Old 09-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeah, Facebook banned me because my payment method "VIOLATED TERMS OF SERVICE". I have absolutely no idea they freaked out and straight out banned me and won't "reenable my payments account."

Adwords had a similar problem, they banned me for payment crap. I guess I was using a card that they didn't like. So I'm going to try and get that restored, there is a better chance of me getting unbanned there, but Facebook just won't budge. Facebook support is dog****.

I don't know if I can just create another Facebook account and try again, cuz they might just ban that one too. I'm crippled. I have a reddit ad, but it dosen't seem to really be bringing in traffic.

I've heard that I should reach out to people to review it and refer me, so I'm going to do that then. I guess that really effective if you think about it... Also, WOW ASPKIN RESPONDED TO MY THREAD. Never had that happen, but thanks for your insight and I thank you for having this forum. Never would of been able to have eBay accounts without you.

Anyways, I'm trying. Still working on those things TOOKNAPA told me to do, trying to do it while working lol.

I mean, thinking about it, what if I gave a product to like some reviewer with like 10k views on the video... that could boost the crap out of my sales.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikachu10 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

I have about 5 "stealth" facebook accounts for this specific reason. It wont be a problem- just make sure you pay for every single advert with no problems- keep an eye on it. Because it is so stupid it flags up cards straight away even if its just because a payment bounced without you realizing. I cant tell you how many times Ive sat with my hands in my head with all fingers crossed before hitting the "try payment method again" button and touch wood after realising facebook do this I havent missed a payment since!
Old 09-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Really? For stealth Facebook, do I have to use a different IP, worry about linking? I mean, if it's as easy as just creating another one and using a different (working) payment method, then my problem is easy right? I want to open another account and use the same ad, but will they auto-ban that?

This is interesting, thanks for the help, didn't know you could do that?
Old 09-19-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

No they wont ban the ad, whichever ad you want to use will be fine. To be fair when I first started I used a combination of paid ads and I used to pump my site out to the groups (facebook doesnt like this) so when I got any kind of ban (which I did quite often because advertising your site for free on facebook is frowned upon) I did just open a new one without changing ip so you`ll probably be fine. But in the end with repeated bad behaviour hehe they did keep linking mine so I used to use this really cheap proxy (it was free for the first 3 days) set up the account and adverts then revert to usual ip. Youve only been flagged for the card- I think you`ll be fine just using the same ip etc.
Old 09-19-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Oooh I should just add here that you dont want to go straight in immediately with the adverts- add some friends- do some normal things etc let a few weeks go by. Once a credit/debit card has been flagged by facebook its like paypal you cant use it again. To go straight in for adverts I would use a partners, because its established and less likely to raise any flags.
Old 09-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Do I need to do any stealth? Or just make another account and go for it in a few weeks?
Old 09-19-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Nah I would just make another account- different name or variation of your name- and go for it.
Old 09-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Its a rough world out there, if a man can't even sell Schooby snacks online anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-18-2017)
Old 09-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Ok, so I've made another Facebook account. I added the payment method and I'm just waiting a bit before I start the ads again. I still am working on those changes, have been flooded with work and research on Affaliate marketing, blogging, eBay stuff and all that. Thanks again for the help on FB, hope this goes through without insta-banning. Seems like the only way for me to succeed.
Old 09-20-2016
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: Facebook just suspended it for unusual activity. Great. I'm probably banned on the 2nd account to. Why the hell do I get banned from everything for no ***damn reason.

I literally have no idea what to do.
Old 09-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Its a rough world out there, if a man can't even sell Schooby snacks online anymore.
It seems that only large corporations get to play anymore. So we all have to go work for them to survive.

Great system you've devised there humans... really working beautifully.
Old 10-25-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu10 View Post
Yeah, Facebook banned me because my payment method "VIOLATED TERMS OF SERVICE". I have absolutely no idea they freaked out and straight out banned me and won't "reenable my payments account."

Adwords had a similar problem, they banned me for payment crap. I guess I was using a card that they didn't like. So I'm going to try and get that restored, there is a better chance of me getting unbanned there, but Facebook just won't budge. Facebook support is dog****.

I don't know if I can just create another Facebook account and try again, cuz they might just ban that one too. I'm crippled. I have a reddit ad, but it dosen't seem to really be bringing in traffic.

I've heard that I should reach out to people to review it and refer me, so I'm going to do that then. I guess that really effective if you think about it... Also, WOW ASPKIN RESPONDED TO MY THREAD. Never had that happen, but thanks for your insight and I thank you for having this forum. Never would of been able to have eBay accounts without you.

Anyways, I'm trying. Still working on those things TOOKNAPA told me to do, trying to do it while working lol.

I mean, thinking about it, what if I gave a product to like some reviewer with like 10k views on the video... that could boost the crap out of my sales.

Thanks again.
Did you try using PayPal as payment method on Facebook? I ran ads on Facebook and Google ads and never needed to use a credit card. Google ads would take bank transfer or deposit. I never heard of being banned from paid advertising and this is freaking me out as I'm about to use a prepaid credit card on Google ads.