Paypal Refuse To Do Business With Me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Paypal Refuse To Do Business With Me

Paypal hit me with a limited because of "suspicious" activities with my account. I was just selling my old clothes! I spoke to a rep and he said my limited status will not be lifted even after I provide Paypal with a tracking number OR even if I pay off the negative balance. He said Paypal refuse to do business with me based on the research they did on my account.

The problem I'm having with this is that since Paypal hit me with a limited, now my eBay account is suspended until I resolve this issue. If I can't use Paypal then I'll sign up with Propay.

When I called the rep on eBay and she said once I can show proof that my balance is $0 then they'll be able to reinstate me. Has anyone paid the full balance on their Paypal account and was reinstated by eBay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 90%

I would say screw paypal and leave negative balance and start over with a new account. Unless it was really low amount, like 40 bucks. And eBay and paypal have been known to lie to get you to pay up.
Old 03-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
I would say screw paypal and leave negative balance and start over with a new account. Unless it was really low amount, like 40 bucks. And eBay and paypal have been known to lie to get you to pay up.
But if I don't pay the balance then my eBay account will be suspended. I rather keep the eBay account since I have 1800+ feedbacks there. It's possible they called me about my Paypal activities and I didn't notice, hence, they put a limited access on my account. If I did miss their call now what?
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That sounds like a lie from Ebay so you will pay your balance. I don't think they would reinstate your Ebay account if paypal leaves your account limited.
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 87%

They don't. We paid $200 in fees on one account and they sent a letter "after reviewing your account further..." The person who told you that saw the negative balance only and didn't look any further into your account. Using paypal is asking for problems.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
They don't. We paid $200 in fees on one account and they sent a letter "after reviewing your account further..." The person who told you that saw the negative balance only and didn't look any further into your account. Using paypal is asking for problems.
These are the codes I received:

MC000 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Canceled
MC183 Notification of Limited Account Access OMARCP

UPDATE:
Paypal just refunded the payment of my last buyer without giving me time to resolve the matter or submit a tracking number. Payment was recieved on Friday (3/20). My account is currently -$190. It seems the only way for me to get my balance back to $0 is by transferring the funds from my bank account.

So should I just leave my eBay account with 1800+ feedback or can I still salvage this matter with Paypal? I could careless if I can't use Paypal anymore but I do want my account back from eBay. I believe the problem stems from Paypal and not with eBay.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
If I'm going to leave Paypal with a negative balance I might as well go all out. There was two $200 transaction sent to me by a buyer. The buyer will get his money back if he files a claim from Paypal, but Paypal won't get anything from me because I'll be closing my bank account.

Again, these are just speculation, I really want to square this with Paypal so I can get my eBay account back, but if they're going to dick me around then I will do the same, unless they send me a document stating that my account will definitely get reinstated after I handle the balance.
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash415 View Post
Paypal hit me with a limited because of "suspicious" activities with my account. I was just selling my old clothes! I spoke to a rep and he said my limited status will not be lifted even after I provide Paypal with a tracking number OR even if I pay off the negative balance. He said Paypal refuse to do business with me based on the research they did on my account.
[/B]
Selling just old clothes is a poor reason. Had you had any other problems? Sounds like there might be more problems. Chargebacks? How much money going thro?
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Selling just old clothes is a poor reason. Had you had any other problems? Sounds like there might be more problems. Chargebacks? How much money going thro?
This was a new Paypal account. I had problems with Paypal before but the information on those accounts are totally different. My registered information had a new name, address, bank account #, and I registered my dad's phone number (I checked his phone number and didn't find any missed phone calls from Paypal's 402 area code). The only thing I added that can link me to my old accounts was a gift address. I also added an additional credit card that matched my gift address, this card was not added to my old Paypal account though.

Another other thing that would trigger a suspicious activity on my Paypal account was that I was getting $0-$200 payments from my buyers (I opened the account 1-2 weeks ago). But if that was the case Paypal would have asked me for more information about where I live and about the transaction rather than just reversing the payment of my buyer outright.
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

cash, sorry for more questions. Are you saying the ebay account with 1800+ FB had a new paypal account added? If so,did you close an old
paypal account?
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
cash, sorry for more questions. Are you saying the ebay account with 1800+ FB had a new paypal account added? If so,did you close an old
paypal account?
the old ebay account had a paypal account but i changed it with the new one i recently made. no, i didn't close the old paypal account. all i did was change the old email address from the new one i created and linked the accounts together. my eBay information were all updated with the new address as well.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Just to add more information on this topic, when I called Paypal regarding the limited access, the rep mentioned my SS# was linked with other suspended accounts. She didn't say those exact words "linked with other suspended accounts", she just mentioned the reason why my account was labeled High Risk was because of those concerns.

The problem I am having with their explanation is I never registered my SS# with the new Paypal account. So how in the world can they even mention my SS# when I never registered it to begin with.
Old 03-23-2009

Longevity: 91%

Looks to me like they linked somehow your two PayPal accounts, so whatever reason you had to abandon the old PP is making you problems with the new one. But if both PP accounts are "serving" the same Ebay account, linking by PP is even less of surprise.
I'd look into other payment methods to preserve this 1800 + feedback Ebay account and start building feedback on brand new pair of Ebay/PP accounts....
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
Looks to me like they linked somehow your two PayPal accounts, so whatever reason you had to abandon the old PP is making you problems with the new one. But if both PP accounts are "serving" the same Ebay account, linking by PP is even less of surprise.
I'd look into other payment methods to preserve this 1800 + feedback Ebay account and start building feedback on brand new pair of Ebay/PP accounts....
How can Paypal link me my other Paypal accounts when the registered address is totally different from the registered address with my new Paypal account? The name, address, and bank # are all different. Could they have tracked me from my gift address?
Old 03-23-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

They can link you by the same IP, did you have the same for both accounts?
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
They can link you by the same IP, did you have the same for both accounts?
i doubt it...every time someone calls my house my internet gets dropped, so my IP changes a good amount of time each month.
Old 03-23-2009

Hmm, I don't know of Paypal tracking by Flash cookies, but I'm sure they track by regular cookies. Did you clear them?
Old 03-23-2009

But if your auctions are being paid for from the same Ebay account there is your link. Doesn't matter that you changed info on it. They still have your info, whatever you ever typed in... Just think: 1800+ feedback, you must have sold plenty over time and how did you get paid for what you sold? Now, all of a sudden you have a new PayPal linked to 1800+ feedback account? Surely someone looked into it..Remember, Ebay/PP is one company.
Old 03-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
But if your auctions are being paid for from the same Ebay account there is your link. Doesn't matter that you changed info on it. They still have your info, whatever you ever typed in... Just think: 1800+ feedback, you must have sold plenty over time and how did you get paid for what you sold? Now, all of a sudden you have a new PayPal linked to 1800+ feedback account? Surely someone looked into it..Remember, Ebay/PP is one company.
i thought there was less security with accounts made before 2007? the account i was using was made in 2000 or something. before i started using the account the last transaction was sometime in mid-early of 2008. the paypal payments sent to my accounts were like 3 payments for $200 each (2 different buyers)...it's not even that much.

any idea if ebay links gift address on either accounts? i still have a working paypal account with listed suspended gift address, i can still send/receive payments from that account though.

i think the only reason why my account got reviewed was because of the heavy activity. i highly doubt it's because i linked a new paypal account with an old ebay account. if paypal/ebay saw a connection between two accounts they would have suspended my account way before 7+ days.
Old 03-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Hmm, I don't know of Paypal tracking by Flash cookies, but I'm sure they track by regular cookies. Did you clear them?
i never download anything from ebay, so the only thing i have to delete are cookies from firefox. that's easy to do, all i have to do is clear them from firefox and it's a done deal.
Old 03-25-2009

It's better to use separate user accounts on your computer then to delete your cookies and flash cookies everytime you want to switch ebay accounts.
Old 03-25-2009

What is confusing to me is your "gift address". I don't remember PayPal ever asking me to fill in details for the gift address.. It is always "Billing" or "Shipping" address....Regardless, they linked you somehow...If you ever gave any same info, be it shipping, billing, gift, home, business address...or whatever, it is possible they linked you by that too. I still believe the red flag popped up when you opened new PayPal and linked it to your Ebay account that already had previously never closed problematic PayPal. Than they looked more into it and also found a link in your "gift" addresses- hence, same person!

It seems that Ebay would indeed reinstate your account after you correct this negative balance you have with PayPal....I would definitely work on that, and than use other payment methods (merchant account) linked to this old Ebay once you get it back. You wouldn't even have to fax in any merchant statements and still would be able to have people pay you with PayPal when your merchant has this option. A lot has been talked about this on the forum, so all you have to do is read it and you will know what to do.

Also, I recommend Ebay stealth guide to open brand new Ebay/PayPal combo and start building good reputation on this new account while you let your old Ebay account (assuming you got it back) cool off for at least three months before selling again. Good luck!